Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Conklin-If AC retired

18 minutes ago, stitches said:

He's a RT. At least has been RT in the league. 

Yeah. He did play left tackle in college. Wonder how  hard it is to switch. It could be a option until we find the future. Most of the OT that are worth anything in the draft are probably going to go too ten. Let’s hope AC stays a couple more years. Wonder how hard it would be to try Braden smith at left tackle. 

The best case scenario is that we are overrating Jordan Love's stock and he indeed falls to our second round pick, because he's too green and not ready. This way you can go get your OT of the future in the 1st round... 

Well... actually ... the best best case is that AC is back for 2-3 more years. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, stitches said:

The best case scenario is that we are overrating Jordan Love's stock and he indeed falls to our second round pick, because he's too green and not ready. This way you can go get your OT of the future in the 1st round... 

Well... actually ... the best best case is that AC is back for 2-3 more years. 

I would be happy if AC just gave us one more year. Then maybe we can put it off until next season. I seen Zach Hicks mention a OT that Chris Strausser has worked with that might go in the second. I just hate using a first and second round pick on a OT when we need QB and WR.

• Thanks 1

I think you have to try and find replacement T regardless of AC returning.  A guy mulling retirement openly is coming back year to year at best.  And his heart isn't in it like it once was anyway...  This is where the Grigson era missing on entire drafts multiple years hurts.  We should have some roleplayers and developmental depth in that 25-28 year age range... But we have had to spend the last three offseasons, draft AND FA trying to play "catch up" it's still difficult to make progress on the roster while filling holes at the same time.   You shouldn't have to replace 99% of a roster in three years.... A lot sure, the majority even....   But not that much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I think you have to try and find replacement T regardless of AC returning.  A guy mulling retirement openly is coming back year to year at best.  And his heart isn't in it like it once was anyway...  This is where the Grigson era missing on entire drafts multiple years hurts.  We should have some roleplayers and developmental depth in that 25-28 year age range... But we have had to spend the last three offseasons, draft AND FA trying to play "catch up" it's still difficult to make progress on the roster while filling holes at the same time.   You shouldn't have to replace 99% of a roster in three years.... A lot sure, the majority even....   But not that much.

Yes but if we could at least put it off until next year that would be ideal. It makes me sick thinking of using one of those first three  picks on a tackle because he retired. That’s why I would explore a option in FA first if he retires.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

If AC retires I have seen this name bounced around. He is only 25 and the titans declined to pick up his 5th year option. Would he be a good replacement for AC or at least give us time to find that guy.

I believe Conklin is the Titans Right Tackle.   I believe the Titans left tackle is Taylor Lewan.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me. 

I don’t think Conklin has the feet or skill set for the left side.   

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

*looks around for Doug*

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I believe Conklin is the Titans Right Tackle.   I believe the Titans left tackle is Taylor Lewan.   If I’m wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me. 

I don’t think Conklin has the feet or skill set for the left side.   

Yes he RT. He did play LT In college. Thanks for the info. I had just seen his name bounced around if AC retired.