Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly to the pro-bowl


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, MPStack said:


Mad props to Ryan Grigson! 
 

Let's give Ryan Grigson the props that he's earned.

Pro Bowlers he either drafted or brought in via free agency

QB Andrew Luck x4

LS Matt Overton

WR T Y Hilton x4

P Pat McAfee x2

CB Vontae Davis x2

S Mike Adams x2

LB D'Qwell Jackson

K Adam Vinatieri

TE Jack Doyle

C Ryan Kelly

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John Hammonds said:

Let's give Ryan Grigson the props that he's earned.

Pro Bowlers he either drafted or brought in via free agency

QB Andrew Luck x4

LS Matt Overton

WR T Y Hilton x4

P Pat McAfee x2

CB Vontae Davis x2

S Mike Adams x2

LB D'Qwell Jackson

K Adam Vinatieri

TE Jack Doyle

C Ryan Kelly


49-31 record with the Colts and made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years. That’s with Luck missing 9 games in 2015.

 

Bottom line, all GM’s will eventually get fired. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Let's give Ryan Grigson the props that he's earned.

Pro Bowlers he either drafted or brought in via free agency

QB Andrew Luck x4

LS Matt Overton

WR T Y Hilton x4

P Pat McAfee x2

CB Vontae Davis x2

S Mike Adams x2

LB D'Qwell Jackson

K Adam Vinatieri

TE Jack Doyle

C Ryan Kelly

Adam and McAfee were brought in by Polian,  he re-signed them and if you listen to McAfee he only re-signed him because Irsay made him.

 

Overton made the pro-bowl because his coach Pagano was coaching it and got to pick the long snapper.

 

Grigson did do a good job to start with but the problem was his bad drafts caught up to him in the end.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Happy for Ryan.  That said, Pro Bowl is a joke.  When Jacoby Brissett is an alternate, you know things are messed up.

The thing is coaches, players and fans do vote who makes the pro bowl. 

The coaches and players are the ones who play against the players they vote for.

They have a better idea on a players talent than any butt hurt fans who want to blame a player on all the teams woes. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The thing is coaches, players and fans do vote who makes the pro bowl. 

The coaches and players are the ones who play against the players they vote for.

They have a better idea on a players talent than any butt hurt fans who want to blame a player on all the teams woes. 

 

Yeah, but the pro bowl is still a joke.   Having the fans as part of it explains it.  Popularity contest.   Biggest fan bases play a role.   Race even plays a role.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Let's give Ryan Grigson the props that he's earned.

Pro Bowlers he either drafted or brought in via free agency

QB Andrew Luck x4

LS Matt Overton

WR T Y Hilton x4

P Pat McAfee x2

CB Vontae Davis x2

S Mike Adams x2

LB D'Qwell Jackson

K Adam Vinatieri

TE Jack Doyle

C Ryan Kelly

Yead as bad as Grigs was as a GM he did find some good players.

 

Although McAfee and AV were both Polian signings

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Some have agendas they have to push...

Don't think it's an agenda. It's known around the league and among 32 fanbases that Jacoby is garbage by now. There's the elite QB's, the good QB's, QB's with high potential, rookie QB's, bad QB's, 100 feet of trash, and then us at QB. I would rather be at any other scenario at QB right now.

 

Even in the draft we have a mediocre pick that may require adding picks to trade up.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yead as bad as Grigs was as a GM he did find some good players.

 

Although McAfee and AV were both Polian signings

yep, he hit a home run with his first draft and did bring in some solid FA's at first. 

I do think the Colts won too much too early and never had a proper rebuild. 

That said...Grigson still pooped the bed after that. He did stack drafts though...just he stacked bad drafts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

yep, he hit a home run with his first draft and did bring in some solid FA's at first. 

I do think the Colts won too much too early and never had a proper rebuild. 

That said...Grigson still pooped the bed after that. He did stack drafts though...just he stacked bad drafts. 

He was good at finding FA defense players and Hilton was a great find.  But he could not find olineman to save his life

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't think it's an agenda. It's known around the league and among 32 fanbases that Jacoby is garbage by now. There's the elite QB's, the good QB's, QB's with high potential, rookie QB's, bad QB's, 100 feet of trash, and then us at QB. I would rather be at any other scenario at QB right now.

 

Even in the draft we have a mediocre pick that may require adding picks to trade up.

I meant work Jb into every thread even those that have NOTHING to do with him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I meant work Jb into every thread even those that have NOTHING to do with him.

Every. Single. One. Becoming easy to see the people who's main hobby in life is trolling on the internet.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't think it's an agenda. It's known around the league and among 32 fanbases that Jacoby is garbage by now. There's the elite QB's, the good QB's, QB's with high potential, rookie QB's, bad QB's, 100 feet of trash, and then us at QB. I would rather be at any other scenario at QB right now.

 

Even in the draft we have a mediocre pick that may require adding picks to trade up.

But is it necessary in EVERY thread?

It gets old, and the the poster loses credibility with me because it just comes across as an emotional rant.

  Its fair to say, we all expected better, but to constantly kick a dead horse .... well, I’ll stop there.

  I’m not saying we all shouldn't voice our opinions, but we got it the first 1,000 times.  

  And i have to laugh at the “trash” and “bum” descriptions..... instant loss of credibility with me.  But thats my opinion.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Ryan Kelly. Well done, young man!

 

Initially selected as an alternate for a second straight year in 2019, Kelly told Colts.com on Dec. 24 that if he ever made it to the Pro Bowl that “it’d be a huge honor.”

 

“Yeah, it’s cool. Just to say ‘Pro Bowl center’ or ‘Pro Bowl guard,’ or whatever, it’s a big accomplishment,” Kelly said. “Obviously nobody gets there by themselves. But you have that forever — they can’t take it away from you.”

 

Excerpted from: https://www.colts.com/news/ryan-kelly-named-to-2020-pro-bowl

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...