Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels

hoosierhawk

May be getting a little feeling of rejection. Had 3 interviews set up with Panthers, Giants and Brown. Panthers and Giants hired their new coach before his scheduled interview. Didn't even wait for his scheduled interview. Scheduled to interview the Browns tomorrow. Browns have an interview scheduled today with someone else. Would be cool if they hire the guy today prior to McDaniels interview tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

browns said they will go through everyone no matter what 

It's prudent of them to do so. It helps them shorten the search two years from now.

I wish this site would let me post how I really feel about that................human.......without replacing everything with *’s. I was never on board having him as our coach and was actually stoked that he backed out, good riddance you...............human.

Anywhere McDaniels ends up will not be good for that organization, make no mistake about it he is not Hoodie 2.0 here, not anywhere even close. In fact I venture to believe his second stint will be as bad or worse than his first run in Denver

I don't like him either, but he may be a good head coach.   He was only 33 in his first HC run.   He was on the Pats for all 6 of their SB' wins. 

I wouldn't bet against him but I will certainly root against him.     

19 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

McDaniels is a flake, and should never be considered for a head coaching job again. Any GM interested in hiring Josh, should be immediately fired. 

What's the relationship of the Panthers and Giants owners with Irsay? Maybe they 'returned the favour'?

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

What's the relationship of the Panthers and Giants owners with Irsay? Maybe they 'returned the favour'?

Word is Belichick stalled McDaniels' interviews by getting him to do exit interviews and submit reports that it could have cost him a couple of interviews to be delayed by a day. Joe Judge probably didn't have the same level of exit report detail??? Again, that is speculation at this point.

Paul DePodesta is the guy I'd want making no big decisions when it comes to head coaching and staff assembled, IMO. That will be the BIG issue for Josh McDaniels with the Browns organization, on top of a flaky Jimmy Haslam. If Stefanski is hired, it would be because of DePodesta.

Ballard is thanking his lucky stars he came to work for an owner like Irsay compared to Haslam, unlike his buddy Dorsey.

Or....McDaniels changed his mind on Cleveland, and asked BB to help him with an excuse so it wouldn’t appear that he was backing out, again. He was hoping Cleveland would make a hire and cancel his interview. 

just my conspiracy theory, 

Archived