Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On 1/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Here is where he questions his leadership. This guy has connection with WSU and has seen him play live a couple of times and met him. You can tell he hates his attitude. This was his observations. He said he wilts under pressure.

He fails to mention he completed over 71% of his passes. He did throw alot but he wasn't missing alot.

11 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

He fails to mention he completed over 71% of his passes. He did throw alot but he wasn't missing alot.

For what it’s worth I don’t think his point is really valid. Either personality can lead a team. Aaron Rogers is not a big vocal get in your face leader. Sometimes watching him play he has no emotion. Then you have Mahomes who is very vocal and rally’s guys. EIther way can work.

47 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

He does.  Gordons release and composure are off the charts.  Rarely do I see someone who can fire the ball so quickly, accurately, and with touch like he does.

He has met Gordon. His attitude almost feels like he didn’t like his personality and was a little off putting. Seemed like there was something else there that he didn’t want to say. It could be I guess that he just doesn’t want him to outshine Minshew in the NFL.

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

So gordon, love, or fromm

I'm not a fan of Love.  He has amazing skills and potential. But he is a turnover machine who looks onto receivers.  I have found in evaluating QBs from college, those things don't usually go away in the NFL.  Tends to get worse. 

10 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I'm not a fan of Love.  He has amazing skills and potential. But he is a turnover machine who looks onto receivers.  I have found in evaluating QBs from college, those things don't usually go away in the NFL.  Tends to get worse. 

The context of that ratio is important. 32 TD:6 INTs in 2018 and HC leaves for Texas TEch, 20:17 in 2019 with new OC, OL and skill positions all gutted due to HC and OC changes.

Just looking at the numbers on the surface does not tell the whole story. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

I agree.  My favorite QBs in this class go:

Anthony Gordon

If I can get him in the 2nd Round- Jordon Love

Jalen Hurts- Even you really look at it, 4 year started, Captain on 2 different teams, Leader.  All things that Ballard values

This is also because I still believe in JB and feel all of these guys could develop behind him and step in if he no good.

3 hours ago, The_Ricktator said:

He literally has a clean pocket to throw from and is throwing it up to wide open WR's. 

Important to watch games. Not just highlights. Part of the reason the pockets are clean is how fast he gets rid of the ball. 

He is hitting wide open receivers but in other videos you can see him throw people open and go through his progressions. I really like him. 

Next week is the Senior bowl and he will be there. I am excited to see how he does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is from an article where leach was asked about Anthony Gordon

Q: Mike Leach says Anthony Gordon is the best quarterback in the country. Is Leach just sticking up for his quarterback, or is there truth to it?

Cougfan: That might be overstating it. But while he has his detractors, Gordon has made a strong argument for being in that conversation, and he would certainly be getting a lot more recognition if the Cougs weren’t 5-5. A Leach QB by now is expected to lead the land in passing yards, but Gordon is also rated the highest of any WSU quarterback under Leach in passing efficiency at No. 13 in the land, (the other Coug QBs including Gardner Minshew were closer to the 30s). He has a very quick release, and against defenses that know the pass is coming again and again, Gordon is still completing 71.2 percent of his passes.

What has also endeared him to Leach are his intangibles, such as becoming more of a vocal leader at Leach’s request – ironic because he’s also been known to go facemask to facemask with a linebacker and talk smack. There are things he needs to improve, including when the play breaks down. But Gordon is having a senior campaign that could have him following a similar path as Minshew, and a Day 3 shout out in the NFL Draft

On 1/16/2020 at 1:21 AM, The_Ricktator said:

He literally has a clean pocket to throw from and is throwing it up to wide open WR's. 

I know it is difficult evaluating QBs because you have to consider what talent is around them, their coaching, and other factors.  For example, Tom Brady seems to have forever to throw the ball and rarely are the targets contested.  They are usually wide open.  Watch the Super Bowl between the Pats and Eagles.  Most of Nick Foles throws are contested were Brady usually has wide open receivers and little pressure.  But I get what you are saying about Gordon.

Why Gordon impresses me is that he very quickly makes reads and gets rid of the ball fast.  More often, the ball is throw in the best place it could be thrown.  He will hit receivers in stride so they don't have to slow down.  He is very decisive, which is something JB has never been.  

So that is why I make the case I like Gordon over Love.  Two guys can both complete the same pass, but it is how they do it and the placement that tells me something. I like Gordon is a better QB then Love.  Loves accuracy is up and down.

5 hours ago, lennymoore24 said:

I know it is difficult evaluating QBs because you have to consider what talent is around them, their coaching, and other factors.  For example, Tom Brady seems to have forever to throw the ball and rarely are the targets contested.  They are usually wide open. 

Funny thing this last season.

Brady's completion percentages were almost the exact as Jacoby Brissett's. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Funny thing this last season.

Brady's completion percentages were almost the exact as Jacoby Brissett's. 

brady was average this year, JB didnt do enough to be average 

sounds like im trashing him all the time but i cant find a single site putting him in the top 20 

• Like 1

I haven't been enamoured with any of the quarterbacks this year outside of Burrow and Herbert and had never seen Gordon play.

However I've just spent half an hour watching highlights and game tape and I've got to say I like what I saw! The one year starter things concerns me but I would be happy to come out of the draft with this guy and sit him for a year to refine his craft.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:23 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Also. How can you not root for this guy. Look at this report. For those who don’t know. Hilinski was the QB at Wazzu that committed suicide prior to his Senior year. 

Matt Nagy is the reason I want Gordon drafted at No.44 if the Colts have him on their radar. Nagy and the Bears will definitely cover themselves should Trubisky not show him much in the upcoming contract year and it is a definite possibility Bears draft Gordon in Round 2, much like the Patriots drafted Garropolo in Round 2 a few years ago, for Brady insurance. 

His ceiling may or may not be that of a QB that can carry a team on his shoulders but how many SBs have the Colts won with a QB that had the capability to carry the team, with the very first pick twice in the last 20 years, 1 SB. We have reached 2 SBs. I feel that, with a QB that can still make plays and that fits Reich's system, with Ballard's philosophy of providing plenty of support for his QB on D and OL, Gordon will fit really well if that is the direction they decide to go.

It will be like a Drew lock type of pick by Elway, IMO, if we get him at No.44.

• Like 1

I love the quick release...but I don't know...I think he's going to have a difficult time getting some of those passes to receivers in the NFL. Just MO of course.

Definitely worth drafting in the middle rounds as QB depth...but betting on him for the future...seems like a stretch.

If Ballard is willing/wanting to draft Gordon at 34 then it'd behoove him to trade with whoever will own the 32nd pick to be able to have a 5th year option on Gordon. Similar to what the Ravens did when they traded back into the 1st round to get Lamar a few years ago. 

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-senior-bowl-justin-herbert-wins-mvp-but-anthony-gordon-steals-the-show/amp/

I think people are pigeon holding him because of the air raid he comes from. That would be a mistake (Mahomes- Texas Tech, Wentz- NDSU, Favre- Southern Miss, Jimmy G- Eastern Illinois). He has amazing touch, can read the field, is efficient and can throw from every arm angle. 

I think he is a gun slinger and he plays like Favre and Mahomes. I would take him at 34 and not look back. Sit him for a year and let him develop. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:25 AM, chad72 said:

Matt Nagy is the reason I want Gordon drafted at No.44 if the Colts have him on their radar. Nagy and the Bears will definitely cover themselves should Trubisky not show him much in the upcoming contract year and it is a definite possibility Bears draft Gordon in Round 2, much like the Patriots drafted Garropolo in Round 2 a few years ago, for Brady insurance. 

His ceiling may or may not be that of a QB that can carry a team on his shoulders but how many SBs have the Colts won with a QB that had the capability to carry the team, with the very first pick twice in the last 20 years, 1 SB. We have reached 2 SBs. I feel that, with a QB that can still make plays and that fits Reich's system, with Ballard's philosophy of providing plenty of support for his QB on D and OL, Gordon will fit really well if that is the direction they decide to go.

It will be like a Drew lock type of pick by Elway, IMO, if we get him at No.44.

I will tell you this. 

I started watching the Colts in 1970 when they won Superbowl V (1971).

I waited 37 years to see another championship --- and for MOST of those years we weren't even playoff worthy. Maybe Peyton only won one for us, but that was one more (and two more appearances) than I saw for THIRTY-SEVEN years. 

QBs are the key.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Samu-Rye said:

After watching those highlight reels, 2 things come to mind. First is,not hard to look great with a clean pocket 90 plus percent of the time. Second being,more interested in #8 WR on that team,good separation,great hands and fights for the ball.

Yeah we went through this earlier. This clean pockets are also a by product of him reads the field quickly and having a quick release. 

• Thanks 1