Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

highest paid free agent in 2020

20 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I say Chris Jones gets 5 year 100 mil. 20/year putting him close to a Aaron Donald deal. I really hope the Colts sign him. 

Yup. This guy is gonna get paid. Either by the Chiefs or some other lucky team that nabs him. He is the one player at whom I could see Ballard throwing the bank. He would change the Colts' defense. 

On 1/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, DaColts85 said:

I say Chris Jones gets 5 year 100 mil. 20/year putting him close to a Aaron Donald deal. I really hope the Colts sign him. 

No way he gets to free agency.....no way.  Chiefs need to invest in their D. Now, I could see Armstead from the Niners making it.  They have to much talent on their D line and may not b able to afford him.

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

No way he gets to free agency.....no way.  Chiefs need to invest in their D. Now, I could see Armstead from the Niners making it.  They have to much talent on their D line and may not b able to afford him.

Cheifs probably won't have the money to resign him.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

They have already talked about resigning Mahomes. Plus they don’t have much money after signing some guys. Easily a possibility he does but the Chiefs could figure something out. 

On 1/12/2020 at 1:00 AM, Moosejawcolt said:

Now, I could see Armstead from the Niners making it.  They have to much talent on their D line and may not b able to afford him.

That's what i am hoping for. The niners don't have a lot of money to spent and i think they let him go and hope Ballard signs him. But not for what ever it takes. He would surely upgrade our line, but don't expect the same numbers he's showing this year. I think he benefits from having Bosa on the other side of the dline. 

But to get back to topic.... I think Clowney gets the highest paid non-qb fa this year. Smwhere 5yrs/90 mil. 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:40 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I have heard Mahomes is expected to get about 40m a year for five years. Not sure they will be able to keep Jones.

The number for Mahomes is about right but that won't stop them from keeping Jones.  He is almost as important to the defense as Mahomes is to the offense.

Of course, if he misses the AFCCG and the Chiefs stomp Tenn after the 1st quarter, they may decide he's not that important. :)

One can hope, because Jones would be a great addition to the Shoe.