Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Panthers are hiring Matt Rhule as their new HC

stitches

Josh McDaniels was rumored to be one of the top 2 candidates for the Panthers position but the fact that the Panthers jumped on this guy probably meant that they didn't even want to consider McDaniels when Rhule had checked all the boxes they wanted.

I mean, if you are a GM or owner, and McDaniels shows up for an interview, wouldn't you ask yourself "is McDaniels really serious this time around"? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Josh McDaniels was rumored to be one of the top 2 candidates for the Panthers position but the fact that the Panthers jumped on this guy probably meant that they didn't even want to consider McDaniels when Rhule had checked all the boxes they wanted.

I mean, if you are a GM or owner, and McDaniels shows up for an interview, wouldn't you ask yourself "is McDaniels really serious this time around"? 

The Giants wanted Rhule too. So the Panthers just didn't let him leave the building without a contract. 7 years 60 million (can go to 70M with incentives) is hell of an offer. 

Just now, chad72 said:

The market is drying up on him. The Giants are hiring Joe Judge, Panthers job is gone, Washington is gone, Dallas is gone. It's down to Cleveland, and because it's Cleveland they'll probably hire him. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:50 AM, stitches said:

Great hire by the Panthers. Ballard was one of the first GMs to give him an interview for our job a couple of years ago and he's got an NFL HC job now. He turned that Baylor program around so quickly. Very good offensive minded coach. 

I read that Joe Brady is being added to Matt Rhule's coaching staff. I know you had attributed much of LSU QB Burrow's success to Brady. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I read that Joe Brady is being added to Matt Rhule's coaching staff. I know you had attributed much of LSU QB Burrow's success to Brady. 

Was just talking to a friend about this. He's a Panthers fan. He think the Panthers will now move up from 6 to 1 to get Burrow in a RGIII-like blockbuster trade.

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was just talking to a friend about this. He's a Panthers fan. He think the Panthers will now move up from 6 to 1 to get Burrow in a RGIII-like blockbuster trade.

Cincinnati would be dumb to do this. Burrow is an Ohio guy and he is the best QB prospect that has been in the draft in several years. But knowing the Cincinnati owner, your friend may be right.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not quite sure there is a price the Bengals would accept for that pick. Can't completely Rhule it out but...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm not quite sure there is a price the Bengals would accept for that pick. Can't completely Rhule it out but...

$$$$ first, winning next is what Mike Brown’s first priorities are. He’s asking for five first round picks at least if someone wants Joe Burrow. In other words, they want Joe Burrow for certain. 

The guy that forced Carson Palmer to quit because he wouldn’t spend money to improve his team, that’s the guy we’re talking about.