Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor Lawrence in Colts gear

2 hours ago, twfish said:

Good let's just hope Burrow refuses to be drafted by anyone other than the colts haha

Let's pay Archie Manning to jump into the Burrow camp and convince him that he should only be a Colt -- give up some future draft-picks and get this done. Burrow not going to look good in those Cincy uni's.

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Why? He’s better than any QB since Luck

No. He is very overrated. He won't be able to run how he did vs Ohio State in the NFL. He went against a great defense and struggled mightily until the refs bailed Clemson out. 

I think Fields is a better QB personally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

Just start JB for all 16 games in 2020 and we'd have a shot at him. 

No, we would not. I understand its seems to be fun to hate on JB...and we wouldn't even have a shot at him if JB went down and Hoyer threw for the season. this team is too good. 

Nice try though. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

No. He is very overrated. He won't be able to run how he did vs Ohio State in the NFL. He went against a great defense and struggled mightily until the refs bailed Clemson out. 

Overrated? lmao Did you watch him last year play one of the best bama teams of all time and smoked their defense? He’s better than fields and any other qb. Sure he had a down season but he does everything you want from a qb. Also he was running due to the injuries to the offense 

8 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Overrated?! The kid has never lost a game!

9 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

the office no GIF

dd1dljz-dde6b992-cfbc-4dfd-b99a-b86a2ac41ec5.jpg

Well Tom Brady could be leaving the Pats this year.  

Scary thought.  Belichick lets Tom walk, tells Kraft to let him tank one year, puts some crappy backup in there, purposefully makes poor gametime decisions, secures himself the #1 overall pick, gets Lawrence and wins 6 to 8 more Superbowls.

Ok I'm scared now.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Four2itus said:

No, we would not. I understand its seems to be fun to hate on JB...and we wouldn't even have a shot at him if JB went down and Hoyer threw for the season. this team is too good. 

Nice try though. 

True. JB has a very good floor that will keep us in the 7-9 win range with the current team with the right breaks, IMO. Granted, an AFC North and NFC North combined schedule will be harder to crack .500 against in 2020 than this year's schedule but you never know.

Hoyer, on the other hand, does not have that floor whatsoever and could actually hurt the team more than help, should he have to play extended number of games.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, runthepost said:

Did you watch him last year play one of the best bama teams of all time and smoked their defense?

Haha.. that Bama defense wasn't good. Fromm even went off on them in the SEC title game, which is bad enough in itself. Not to take away from TL, but it's not surprising what Lawrence and Clemson did to Bama.

The kid is good, and I would definitely run the card to the podium for him, but if Fields keep developing, and he has his flaws right now, but I can see him being at the least as good as Lawrence in the coming year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Haha.. that Bama defense wasn't good. Fromm even went off on them in the SEC title game, which is bad enough in itself. Not to take away from TL, but it's not surprising what Lawrence and Clemson did to Bama.

The kid is good, and I would definitely run the card to the podium for him, but if Fields keep developing, and he has his flaws right now, but I can see him being at the least as good as Lawrence in the coming year.

I am sure Kirby is not so thrilled that Justin Fields went through the transfer portal to Ohio State, Ryan Day ain't complaining. :) 

7 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Well Tom Brady could be leaving the Pats this year.  

Scary thought.  Belichick lets Tom walk, tells Kraft to let him tank one year, puts some crappy backup in there, purposefully makes poor gametime decisions, secures himself the #1 overall pick, gets Lawrence and wins 6 to 8 more Superbowls.

Ok I'm scared now.  

If the Pats trade for JB, we know the plan is to tank hard lol. 

Not to sidetrack this topic but Lawrence probably no being available for the Colts is exactly why you don’t “wait until next year” to get a QB. If you do, you’re admitting to purposely tanking or relegating yourself to trade the house to move up.

Like Ballard said you don’t force the pick but if there’s a guy you like in April you take him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, runthepost said:

Overrated? lmao Did you watch him last year play one of the best bama teams of all time and smoked their defense? He’s better than fields and any other qb. Sure he had a down season but he does everything you want from a qb. Also he was running due to the injuries to the offense 

I'm not saying he is a bad QB by any means. He is a good QB. I can agree that he'll at least be better than JB haha   I just see bust potential for all the hype... which is why I think he is overrated. Especially when they say he is potentially a better prospect than AL.

I would rather have Fields, JMO.

14 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

Overrated?! The kid has never lost a game!

In all fairness, I get what you are saying. But W/L records shouldn't be weighed heavily when evaluating QB performance. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, Colts1324 said:

Give me Burrow any day 

• Like 2