As you likely know, the 2021 schedule is revealed Wednesday Night... 5/12... 8p your time... 5p my time...
These are things I always look for as soon as I see the schedule. In no particular order....
1. Do we start at home, or on the road? Typically, you close your season with the opposite.
2. Marquee games? National Games? Are we on the big stage at all? Anything beyond the dreaded Thursday night games which most every team gets stuck with and hates! Ugh. The worst.
3. Bye week? When does it happen? I prefer late October to Early November. Something close to the middle of the season. We got lucky once having the bye week in week 4. That was Luck's rookie year. The early break allowed Chuck Pagano and his wife to see a doctor and caught his leukemia early enough to save him. Otherwise, I hate the early bye week. I prefer weeks 7-10.
4. Hardest stretch of the schedule. Easiest part of the schedule. Knowing full well that what the schedule might seem like in May, might be totally different by the time that part of the season comes.
5. Potential bad weather games. So, this year, we play Buffalo, Baltimore, Dolphins and Jags on the road. Games in September likely means hot and humid. Games in the northern cities in December likely means cold and even possible snow.
6. Anything out of the ordinary? Some years, one team gets screwed and has to play 3 consecutive games on the road. I think it has most recently happened to SF and Seattle, and those teams already put on a lot of miles traveling from the West Coast.
Did I leave out anything? Is there something you look for and I didn't mention it? Let us know!
The 2021 season gets REAL Wednesday Night!