Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How many quarterbacks selected before pick 13?

How many quarterback selected before pick 13?   

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many QBs selected before pick 13?

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yes on Carolina. I think he will probably need a year to really access what their team needs are. I haven’t read anything but sounds like with that big of a contract they might be giving him some control in who is drafted. I don’t think it would be smart for him to just draft a QB without him seeing everyone playing in person. Going to be a interesting draft. Something surprising always happens. Remember last year the raiders to Ferrell when they could of had Allen. That’s why I don’t rule out Lions taking a QB.

Love is a California kid so I wouldn’t rule out him to the chargers either.

Carolina is conservative (in hiring coaches), and doesn't make rash decisions. Rhule is known as a team builder, so absolutely will a lot of say on drafting. I think he'll want to keep Cam for another year, but at the same time, he might want to start fresh. I think it's 70/30, 70 keeping Cam.

Where Love is from has almost zero to do with who grabs him where. He simply wants to go as early as possible (preferably not to bad franchise), and teams interested in him don't care if he's from Cali or 10buck2. The only time geography really comes into play is cold weather teams who play in non-dome environments (like GB and CHI) are interested in a warm weather kid.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, Chloe6124 said:

I think 3 for sure. Burrow, TUA, Herbert. Jury is out whether the panthers and chargers draft a QB. 

I saw this tweet and cant confirm if it was a joke or serious. He said the bengals are thinking about drafting chase young and then trading back up for TUA. That would be crazy.

Not so crazy.  They get a generational talent in Young.  If thry  like Tua then go for it.  Burrows had a phenomenal year......one year.  That kind of scares me

33 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think 4 will go within the top 13. I think Love and Herbert will be the other two.

Wont it be interesting if teams pass on TUA and he is the one to fall to the colts. Would ballard take the risk.

I think that really depends on a couple of things:  1) Why is he falling?  It would most LIKELY be due to a poor injury prognosis, meaning he might not be available until 2021.  I mean his tape is already out there, he's not participating in any bowl games or the Combine, so what you have on him is what you have now.  Could Ballard be that patient?  Well, that all depends on 2) Sign a veteran FA for 2020 that Tua could learn and grow under while he is recovering, then let him take the reigns in 2021.  However, if Tua's health report comes back more positive than expected and it looks like he plays in 2020, then I HIGHLY doubt he gets past Carolina, and probably goes to Miami.

But if the former plays out, would Ballard want to do that?  THAT is the $200M question.  But I would be OK with it.

26 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think that really depends on a couple of things:  1) Why is he falling?  It would most LIKELY be due to a poor injury prognosis, meaning he might not be available until 2021.  I mean his tape is already out there, he's not participating in any bowl games or the Combine, so what you have on him is what you have now.  Could Ballard be that patient?  Well, that all depends on 2) Sign a veteran FA for 2020 that Tua could learn and grow under while he is recovering, then let him take the reigns in 2021.  However, if Tua's health report comes back more positive than expected and it looks like he plays in 2020, then I HIGHLY doubt he gets past Carolina, and probably goes to Miami.

But if the former plays out, would Ballard want to do that?  THAT is the $200M question.  But I would be OK with it.

It could have nothing to do with his medicals. Maybe teams are impressed enough with Love or Herbert that they just decide it’s to big of a risk. I don’t think he has to be able to play in 2020. Miami has indicated they are bringing Fitzpatrick back.  

The biggest thing for me with TUA is what are the chances arthritis grows in that hip and cuts his career really short. Also he has had so many injuries which usually carries over to the pros. I hope for his sake and the colts sake he gets to work out before the draft and looks good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It could have nothing to do with his medicals. Maybe teams are impressed enough with Love or Herbert that they just decide it’s to big of a risk. I don’t think he has to be able to play in 2020. Miami has indicated they are bringing Fitzpatrick back.  

The biggest thing for me with TUA is what are the chances arthritis grows in that hip and cuts his career really short. Also he has had so many injuries which usually carries over to the pros. I hope for his sake and the colts sake he gets to work out before the draft and looks good.

Yeah I think injuries are going to be the main thing with him.  And I have NO IDEA what the Colts are thinking, let alone Miami, Carolina, etc.  But I would think that if this whole injury thing had never happened to him, coming from the program he came from and playing at the level that he was, he would be a top 5 guy no doubt.

I could be wrong, and often am (ask my wife), but that's my thinking.

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah I think injuries are going to be the main thing with him.  And I have NO IDEA what the Colts are thinking

I could be wrong, and often am (ask my wife), but that's my thinking.

Lol

Same here, my wife has a recording on loop..... you’re wrong.... you’re wrong

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at the Colts facility in the draft room

Who knows what they are thinking

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

I'm pretty sure Love doesn't come from a BBQ place :)

You may not believe it, but Cali has some great BBQ places. If you're ever in the LA area, Try Dr Hogly Wogly (Not sure if I spelled that right), or Smoqued (not sure on the spelling here either lol).