Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mike McCarthy to be hired as new Cowboys coach

Mel Kiper's Hair

Seems to me as long as Jerry is in charge it will be difficult in Dallas.  It would be easy to say it's all a coaching problem but that is usually not the case.  So no new GM, no new method of evaluating talent, etc.  

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

QQ - Did they interview Marvin Lewis just to satisfy the terms of the Rooney Rule, and they wanted McCarthy all along?

It would appear that is what happened. I didn't understand why Jerry Jones brought either of these guys in. Both seem like stale choices in my opinion.

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

QQ - Did they interview Marvin Lewis just to satisfy the terms of the Rooney Rule, and they wanted McCarthy all along?

Must have.   They couldn't seriously consider Lewis for the job.

McCarthy isn't a bad choice.   Not much else out there.  They wanted an experienced coach.   I would have went with Kubiak myself.  

15 minutes ago, Myles said:

Must have.   They couldn't seriously consider Lewis for the job.

McCarthy isn't a bad choice.   Not much else out there.  They wanted an experienced coach.   I would have went with Kubiak myself.  

If what I heard about McCarthy is true, he was a terrible choice.  You know the rumors while he was on his way out of Green Bay made it sound like he didn't really care and he would show up late or skip meetings.  If that's the case than Jeff Fisher would have been a better selection.

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

If what I heard about McCarthy is true, he was a terrible choice.  You know the rumors while he was on his way out of Green Bay made it sound like he didn't really care and he would show up late or skip meetings.  If that's the case than Jeff Fisher would have been a better selection.

I've never seen that in writing before.  

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

I've never seen that in writing before.  

I'm not saying that Jeff Fisher is a good selection by any means.  But I think I'd rather have a coach that shows up to meetings than one that doesn't even do that.  

McCarthy was carried a lot by his QB.  

• Like 1