Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings@Saints Thread

shakedownstreet

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

At what point does the media start treating Brees and the Saints like they did Peyton and the Colts?  Prolific offenses, great regular season success, 1 Super Bowl to show for it.

Hey look here.  Looks like there's a seat for Drew too!

FB_IMG_1578270054070.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

At what point does the media start treating Brees and the Saints like they did Peyton and the Colts?  Prolific offenses, great regular season success, 1 Super Bowl to show for it.

They might but Peyton won 2 SB's as a starter though and when I bring that up, some don't even respond to me. Winning 2 or more as a starter is so tough, Brees will never do it now. Rodgers has a chance this year??

2 or more:

Brady 6

Montana 4

Bradshaw 4

Aikman 3

Peyton 2

Elway 2

Staubach 2

Starr 2

Benny 2

Griese 2

Eli 2

Plunkett 2

-Mark Brees off the list.

5 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Brees is more washed up than Brady, and he’s 1 more mess up away from being just plain done as 2010 Favre. That last incompletion was almost the Buttfumble II. And this is all happening as the Vikings are trying to blow it like always.

I guess you haven't been paying much attention to Brees this season. 

He has thrown for his best percentage in his career. 

27 TDs with 4 ints. 116 RTG.

If you call that washed up I seriously have to question your judgement. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you haven't been paying much attention to Brees this season. 

He has thrown for his best percentage in his career. 

27 TDs with 4 ints. 116 RTG.

If you call that washed up I seriously have to question your judgement. 

Brees just might be that one guy I can see playing until he's in his mid to late 40's. 

Saints fans worry that their superbowl window is closing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go on for another 5 or more years

2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

Brees just might be that one guy I can see playing until he's in his mid to late 40's. 

Saints fans worry that their superbowl window is closing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go on for another 5 or more years

Brees didn't have a good game today  but it had more to do with the Vikings defense stepping up big time. 

I agree, Brees may go another 2-5 years. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Brees didn't have a good game today  but it had more to do with the Vikings defense stepping up big time. 

I agree, Brees may go another 2-5 years. 

It just depends who they put around him. I don't see him as being done, I think he plays next year but getting #2 is highly doubtful now IMO. Saints were actually better last year IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They might but Peyton won 2 SB's as a starter though and when I bring that up, some don't even respond to me. Winning 2 or more as a starter is so tough, Brees will never do it now. Rodgers has a chance this year??

2 or more:

Brady 6

Montana 4

Bradshaw 4

Aikman 3

Peyton 2

Elway 2

Staubach 2

Starr 2

Benny 2

Griese 2

Eli 2

Plunkett 2

-Mark Brees off the list.

Brady, Montana, Bradshaw and Aikman all played with dynasty teams. 

If you count pre super bowl era Starr has 5 titles. 

I think Montana and Bradshaw didn't lose a title game? 

• Like 1

That has been typical Drew Brees in big games for a while now (not the 49ers game give him that), just like throwing 3 times in a row from the Goal Line in week 17 vs the Panthers already up 3 TDs is him in not big games. Got sacked by the turf monster today, threw an INT on the 1 deep ball he tried, and fumbled. Payton even knows it. That’s why they went deep with Hill and that 1 wasn’t picked. 

I don’t mind my judgement being questioned by people who were saying recently that Cousins, Jackson, and Watson were going to implode while Brees and Brady are sitting home.

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

A lot of the articles I have seen on the game say something like "Drew Brees has once again fallen short in the playoffs...". 
Manning took criticism for losing in the playoffs too of course, but he also made the playoffs every year carrying sub-par rosters while Brees hasn't.