Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank you Titans


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What rivalry?  U mean Tennessee snd the Colts? I see one organization hitting on their picks and acquisitions and another not.  

Sorry brother, but if you can't relish the downfall of the Pat's dynasty, and continue to hate on our hometown team, you sir, have issues, which, i'm sorry to say, this forum is not the solution.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Sorry brother, but if you can't relish the downfall of the Pat's dynasty, and continue to hate on our hometown team, you sir, have issues, which, i'm sorry to say, this forum is not the solution.

Well it does not bold well when Ballard said JB our QB right now. Basically he is saying JB our guy no matter what and I can sense the colts are not going to draft a QB in the draft but sign some aweful back up

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Freenyfan102 said:

Well it does not bold well when Ballard said JB our QB right now. Basically he is saying JB our guy no matter what and I can sense the colts are not going to draft a QB in the draft but sign some aweful back up

no no no gotta learn to read between the lines.. notice that CB kept also saying after JB is our guy he kept saying if the best player is available around the time we draft hell go for it..so dont take everything on the surface that you hear

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Thank you to the Tennessee Titans.  You done something my Colts team's were never able to do.

The rivalry is over, but the new rivalry begins.

 

We did it.

 

 

Just not in NE.  More satisfying at home, TBH. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree, but he is being honest, JB is our QB right now, but we have no idea what will happen in the off season.  Lots of options, FA signing, draft, next QB currently on roster?  Ballard was hired to do a job, so far I think he has done a good job, but it is up to him to put the best product on the field.

 

This off season will define whether CB is who he is, and make the moves it takes to get us to the top, or become just another boy genius GM with a failed plan.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Sorry brother, but if you can't relish the downfall of the Pat's dynasty, and continue to hate on our hometown team, you sir, have issues, which, i'm sorry to say, this forum is not the solution.

Why relish the Pats downfall?  So we just had to wait 20 years for their players and coaches to age out??  They may have done some under handed things, which other organizations have done but just not get caught, but they have made the rest of the NFL teams look like a joke with their success.  It is so easy to dislike them because of their success. Thier coaches r on another level.  Here in Colts land we just run the same defensive game plan week after weeek after week. Then when it doesn't work, we blame it on the young players.  It's been 2 years and the D is getting worse. The pats game plan changes week to week. They r to b admired not scorned.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What rivalry?  U mean Tennessee snd the Colts? I see one organization hitting on their picks and acquisitions and another not.  

Seriously?   That’s what you see?   I guess Canadian football is much different? 
 

What a prisoner of the moment...  how sad. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why relish the Pats downfall?  So we just had to wait 20 years for their players and coaches to age out??  They may have done some under handed things, which other organizations have done but just not get caught, but they have made the rest of the NFL teams look like a joke with their success.  It is so easy to dislike them because of their success. Thier coaches r on another level.  Here in Colts land we just run the same defensive game plan week after weeek after week. Then when it doesn't work, we blame it on the young players.  It's been 2 years and the D is getting worse. The pats game plan changes week to week. They r to b admired not scorned.

Wowza...   the defense that worked last year, but doesn’t thus year, and this is what you conclude?   
 

Goodness gracious, how bad is this.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What rivalry?  U mean Tennessee snd the Colts? I see one organization hitting on their picks and acquisitions and another not.  

Continuing on and on with the nonsense I see!  When are you going to reveal to us that you're Pacergeeks long lost brother?  I know it's coming soon.....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Derakynn said:

Imagine cheering for a divisional foe. There is no reason to even care about the Patriots. It’s been 10 years. It’s not a rivalry. The Colts have not even competed in a game against them since Manning was here. 

The fake punt game was actually very competitive before you know....the fake punt

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Well it does not bold well when Ballard said JB our QB right now. Basically he is saying JB our guy no matter what and I can sense the colts are not going to draft a QB in the draft but sign some aweful back up

The operative portion of that statement:  "right now."

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Titans finished 9-7 in 2018 and 9-7 in 2019, the difference this year was the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck. The Titans aren't suddenly a super power because they knocked off a team with a really bad and ineffective offense. Give the Titans credit though, they were able to take advantage of another teams misfortune(Luck retiring).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Two_pound said:

The Titans finished 9-7 in 2018 and 9-7 in 2019, the difference this year was the Colts didn't have Andrew Luck. The Titans aren't suddenly a super power because they knocked off a team with a really bad and ineffective offense. Give the Titans credit though, they were able to take advantage of another teams misfortune(Luck retiring).

I completely agree with this. I feel that the Titans (and Texans to a degree) have been somewhat overrated all season, no disrespect to them and how far they have gotten.  But I think both the Texans and Titans have been able to take advantage of our misfortune, and that is no fault of theirs, it is on the Colts for not being able to adjust and still control our division despite Luck. Not saying that either team does not have strengths on their side, but... most can agree that if Luck was still our QB, the story of the AFC South this season would likely have played out differently.

 

All this hype over the Titans and Texans will make things very interesting in our division come next season though. They will both come into the season feeling very good about their performance this year, and feeling very confident they can continue to run the division with the weapons they have. It will be our job to knock both teams back in their place. I know a lot of fans do not think we will be able to get that done for several years, and I understand why they feel that way, but I am hopeful!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts beat the Texans twice in 2018 with Luck under center and dominated the Titans twice in 2018(neither game was even remotely competitive) we are just having an average qb away from dominating those 2 teams right now. The pessimism on this forum is mindnumbing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

FreenyFan - I think you meant to say “bode well”, not “bold”. Unless you are trying to bold or darken a font. 
CB said the “jury is out” on JB. He will address the position, and I wouldn’t speculate what they will do, particularly with regards to FA. I would  find more validity in the Colts writers who are closer to the situation and sources (i.e. Keefer or Holder). They both believe a veteran is off the table and CB will likely address in the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I completely agree with this. I feel that the Titans (and Texans to a degree) have been somewhat overrated all season, no disrespect to them and how far they have gotten.  But I think both the Texans and Titans have been able to take advantage of our misfortune, and that is no fault of theirs, it is on the Colts for not being able to adjust and still control our division despite Luck. Not saying that either team does not have strengths on their side, but... most can agree that if Luck was still our QB, the story of the AFC South this season would likely have played out differently.

 

All this hype over the Titans and Texans will make things very interesting in our division come next season though. They will both come into the season feeling very good about their performance this year, and feeling very confident they can continue to run the division with the weapons they have. It will be our job to knock both teams back in their place. I know a lot of fans do not think we will be able to get that done for several years, and I understand why they feel that way, but I am hopeful!

Not just our misfortune but the jags have QB problems too, if foles stayed healthy they look like the stronger team in the division. 

 

Watch out, if the colts and jags get a good QB in the draft the AFC south will get shaken up. What a great time to be a football fan for teams in a competitive AFC south, two of the final four teams in the AFC playoffs are from our division. Man that feels great to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Not just our misfortune but the jags have QB problems too, if foles stayed healthy they look like the stronger team in the division. 

Very true!

 

11 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Watch out, if the colts and jags get a good QB in the draft the AFC south will get shaken up. What a great time to be a football fan for teams in a competitive AFC south, two of the final four teams in the AFC playoffs are from our division. Man that feels great to say.

Yep, definitely! :yahoo:Nothing like competition to get the juices flowing. COME ON Blue, time to step it up next season, that King of the South title will not simply be “handed” to us off the backs off bad division teams. We have to take it! :rock:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wowza...   the defense that worked last year, but doesn’t thus year, and this is what you conclude?   
 

Goodness gracious, how bad is this.... 

We played no qbs last year.  Go back and look at the schedule.  I said it before the season started that we would see the talent level on this team with Luck's departure.  I also said we would see how good this D really was as we were going to see better qbs. We r 31st in completion pdrcentage. But yes u can blame it on youth and not on the talent and/or scheme. Keep your head in the sand

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not getting all the rah rah for other AFC South foes. I get we all enjoyed the Patriots getting beat , but beyond that, I’m not wishing any division rival well. As a AFC North guy, I’m certainly not wishing the Steelers, Bengals, or Browns well. I would prefer to have the Patriots situation these last 20 years, where your division rivals stink, and you have a shoo in to the division title, home playoff games, and the # 1 seed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady's last pass at home was a pick six means nothing after he ruled the AFC for decades. His post game chat showed the man has class and cool.

Now for the Texans/Chiefs: After watching Watson get hammered by the Titans pass rush he should play sick for the Chiefs game because their D will chew him up and spit him up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Brady's last pass at home was a pick six means nothing after he ruled the AFC for decades. His post game chat showed the man has class and cool.

Now for the Texans/Chiefs: After watching Watson get hammered by the Titans pass rush he should play sick for the Chiefs game because their D will chew him up and spit him up.

Im guessing you mean Bills pass rush.   The chiefs defense isn't nearly as good as the Bills 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We played no qbs last year.  Go back and look at the schedule.  I said it before the season started that we would see the talent level on this team with Luck's departure.  I also said we would see how good this D really was as we were going to see better qbs. We r 31st in completion pdrcentage. But yes u can blame it on youth and not on the talent and/or scheme. Keep your head in the sand

You also said Leonard is very good 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

I am not getting all the rah rah for other AFC South foes. I get we all enjoyed the Patriots getting beat , but beyond that, I’m not wishing any division rival well. As a AFC North guy, I’m certainly not wishing the Steelers, Bengals, or Browns well. I would prefer to have the Patriots situation these last 20 years, where your division rivals stink, and you have a shoo in to the division title, home playoff games, and the # 1 seed. 

Agree with a lot of this! I too enjoyed the Patriots getting beat, but mainly because I was tired of seeing them in the SB and wanted them out of the running as soon as possible. But had the Titans lost yesterday, I would not have been upset at all (just moved on and wished for the Pats demise in the next game). I was also rooting for the Bills, no disrespect to the Texans but I will never root for them ever!

I know some fans choose to cheer for the teams from their division and/or conference once their team is actually out, feeling in some way it’s still a representation of who they side with - and that’s their right, I have nothing negative to say about it. But my cheering on the AFC South for division fandom alone will always start and stop with the COLTS!

(Side note: I do enjoy the healthy competition coming our way in the AFC South next season now that the other teams have stepped up their game though, time for the Colts to write a new story of overcoming adversity!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Thank you to the Tennessee Titans.  You done something my Colts team's were never able to do.

The rivalry is over, but the new rivalry begins.

At the beginning of the season I said Titans are not a good team I now have no problem eating crow and humbly congratulating them they just went out and did what nobody other than the eagles could do for the last 8 years I show them respect for once anyway but come prepared next year Titans next year we are coming for you and Houston.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You also said Leonard is very good 

His play as the season went on improved.  I still think he is a liability in the run game. I am just not a fan of this D at all.  I feel it is very out dated in today's game.  With the level of scheming by the offenses today, I just  dont think u  can one defensive scheme 80% and hope to b successful.  Plus we r under sized. Everybody is on Eberflus but it is the defense that Ballard wants.  To change it now would mean drafting a different type of player.  So,  I think we r going to run this D for the long haul.  Sigh.  Like I said everybody is dumping on Brissett.  However more concerning to me is the D scheme and talent.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Agree with a lot of this! I too enjoyed the Patriots getting beat, but mainly because I was tired of seeing them in the SB and wanted them out of the running as soon as possible. But had the Titans lost yesterday, I would not have been upset at all (just moved on and wished for the Pats demise in the next game). I was also rooting for the Bills, no disrespect to the Texans but I will never root for them ever!

I know some fans choose to cheer for the teams from their division and/or conference once their team is actually out, feeling in some way it’s still a representation of who they side with - and that’s their right, I have nothing negative to say about it. But my cheering on the AFC South for division fandom alone will always start and stop with the COLTS!

(Side note: I do enjoy the healthy competition coming our way in the AFC South next season now that the other teams have stepped up their game though, time for the Colts to write a new story of overcoming adversity!)


I don’t mind healthy competition , but for the Raven’s , it’s a constant fist fight for the division with the Steelers. Then , the Bengals were pretty strong for a decade under Marvin Lewis. The difficulty of the division has caused us to be on the road during most of the franchise playoff history. The fact that the Ravens have won two Super Bowls is a miracle , with the hard road they have had.

Four times we’ve had to go to NE in the playoffs, while NE had coasted to division titles , top seeds, and home playoff games. I guess that is my take on the division rival situation , and I guess my opinion is tainted dealing with the Steelers all the time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Scheme...and stubbornness to stick with it. I don't have an axe to grind with the coaching staff, but this is my observation:   I think the current defensive scheme works extremely well against bad teams with bad OLs and QBs. The Colts are able to get pressure with their front 4 and can sit back in zone and make plays on the ball. And then they get a good lead and are able to do this even more. These games lift the overall stats for the season...and it's what many people tend to remember. But it's an incomplete view of the defense.   Because as the schedule gets tougher, teams also start to adjust...and then you have a precipitous drop-off in performance over the course of the season. You also see this in-game as well later in the season (with slow starts and then the Colts roaring back to somehow win).    So which defense are the Colts?    1st 8 games (2020) - 63% completion - 206 passing yds/game - 10 TD/11 INT - 76 passer rating - 3.3 yds/carry - 6 rushing TDs   Last 8 games (2020) - 68% completion - 277 passing yds/game - 14 TD/4 INT - 98 passer rating - 4.1 yds/carry - 10 rushing TDs   It's a fair question to ask. Because there wasn't any high-profile injuries (other than Hooker at the beginning). The defense over the back half of the season wasn't anywhere near a top 10 defense.   Interestingly, a very similar thing happened to the offense in 2019 with JB at QB. Obviously they didn't have the same expectations, but they were really good earlier in the season (against bad pass defenses)...but then fell off tremendously as the schedule got tougher and teams adjusted to the offense.   So you have different sides of the ball in different seasons...with similar levels of regression.   Talent is part of it...but it would also seem to me like some combo of scheme and stubborn coaching mindset is the big culprit here.   
    • I voted Patmon and Dulin.  My gut tells me they wouldn't have kept Patmon on the 53 but inactive all of last year if they weren't seeing something they could develop.  We knew he was a development type player when he was drafted... with all the injuries we had last year, I think they would've sent him to the PS unless they were very concerned he'd be scooped up and we'd lose talent (they seemed to be fine bouncing guys like M. Johnson, Harris, etc. back and forth from the PS and those guys actually suited up on Sundays).     Then, I voted 7 WRs (at least to start).  Harris reminds me quite a bit of Hines - very explosive with the ball in his hands and can probably play that hybrid RB/WR role.  I know it'll be tough to keep 7 WRs, especially if we keep 4 RBs (Taylor, Hines, Wilkins and Mack), but I could see Mack starting the year on PUP as they ease him back from a bad injury.   Stachan has ridiculous size and very good speed.  He was dominant at the DII level, though IMO DII college FB is worse than D3 college football and he'll have some major adjusting to do at the NFL level.      @EastStreetI get your logic of letting Dulin go b/c of Rodgers' success in the return game... that said, I think Dulin is more valuable on STs as a gunner than a return man.     Finally, I voted yes on the PC question - I think we'll see him bounce around a bit this year and I hope we get to see him stay healthy for once.  The kid shows flashes when he's on the field.
    • After reading up I would say it is closer to 90% than 50% for NFL Caliber players to return, so I'm not worried about that. But you are right about how will his performance will be affected we have no idea, I think we will see him return to practice at the end of August but won't see him cleared to play till end of September/early October. 
    • Respectfully, I don't know which team you've been watching if it's not apparent to you. Also it won't totally make up for a lack of talent, but it DOES make a tangible difference. A close 4th quarter can be decided by very very little.  
    • Why not put Fisher at LG and Big Q at LT?
  • Members

    • J@son

      J@son 918

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 49

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 07dleigh

      07dleigh 80

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • KB

      KB 319

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 2,585

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • C_Lew

      C_Lew 7

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coming on strong

      coming on strong 1,203

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DiogoSales

      DiogoSales 108

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Vader

      Vader 2

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 41

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...