Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Brady Hinted At On The Patriots Next Year

King Colt

I saw a piece yesterday where Brady was asked about returning to the Pats next year. He spoke firmly with conviction when he said he has no place for days past. That was the most concrete statement he has given in the form of a hint. So my guess is Tennessee. Not to far rom home. Maybe Miami.

30 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I saw a piece yesterday where Brady was asked about returning to the Pats next year. He spoke firmly with conviction when he said he has no place for days past. That was the most concrete statement he has given in the form of a hint. So my guess is Tennessee. Not to far rom home. Maybe Miami.

He’s a West Coat guy from the Bay.  

You think Tennessee moves on from Tannehill after the season he put in getting those guys to the playoffs?

Miami is probably drafting a QB in 2020. 

Sorry, I just don’t see Tenn. or Miami as realistic options for the GOAT. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MPStack said:

You think Tennessee moves on from Tannehill after the season he put in getting those guys to the playoffs?

I don't either, in reality he probably retires. He has nothing left to prove anyway. SF would've been perfect for him but they now have Jimmy G. so that isn't even an option. Brady grew up a 49er fan. 

27 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TN isn’t going to take a 42 yo Brady and bench a 31 yo Tannehill who has been one of the best QB in the league since starting. Brady will probably retire.

He should retire.    I guess we'll soon see how this plays out.

I honestly think NE will look for a replacement.

and I don't see Brady "fitting in"  anywhere else.    

I don't see any other organization adapting to the prima donna.    JMO

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Which is why if your sold on a QB you don’t wait until the second round. Saints and Pats could be looking for a new QB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gramz said:

If I had to take a guess, he will retire. The only place other than NE he could've played with is SF IMO but they have Jimmy G so case closed. Brady grew up a 49ers fan and is from there.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to take a guess, he will retire. The only place other than NE he could've played with is SF IMO but they have Jimmy G so case closed. Brady grew up a 49ers fan and is from there.

Yeah.   Jimmy G  has done well there.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I won't be sad to see Tom go, I think he is a hell of a QB but it is time for Pats fans to suffer a little like we did after Peyton retired. Those guarantee'd 12-4 seasons will be no longer when #12 says goodbye :thmup:

Pats fans are not a concern of mine.

I'm just done watching Brady and his whiny *.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You’ll think he’ll retire even though he said he wantS to play until he’s 45? Either way I think this is his last season as a patriot. Don’t see bilichick wanting 43 year old QB

The most realistic move for Brady is Indianapolis. We've already signed two former Patriot QB's, attempted to sign Josh McDaniels, helps Brady give a middle finger to Belichick, and we need a QB but are too high in the draft to grab one. Our team is in a position to compete immediately; we just need a QB. The writing is all over the place.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

The most realistic move for Brady is Indianapolis. We've already signed two former Patriot QB's, attempted to sign Josh McDaniels, helps Brady give a middle finger to Belichick, and we need a QB but are too high in the draft to grab one. Our team is in a position to compete immediately; we just need a QB. The writing is all over the place.

Hell no. The city would riot and stands would be emptier than they are now. It's not the Ballard way either.

The NFL would be all over Brady going to the Chargers. They would probably allow him to sign for a $1 contract. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MPStack said:

Never said it's in granite, just throwing it out. Tannehill is no proven entity. Is Miami will to wait or are they win now within the next two seasons? I don't see him moving 3,000 miles to throw a football. Who knows?

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

TN isn’t going to take a 42 yo Brady and bench a 31 yo Tannehill who has been one of the best QB in the league since starting. Brady will probably retire.

One good season with a trail of years of failures does not make a valuable player.

Brady is where Manning was in his last year as in put together a GOAT defense, put him in cotton wool until the playoffs and ride his leadership to the Superbowl. After today, he will be playing in NE or not at all unless a team like the Chargers want him to increase ticket sales. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Could you imagine Brady, Brissett, and Hoyer?

i just threw up a lil in my mouth.  That would be like watching The Man in the High  Castle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I think he should retire.

But hey.....if he wants to continue on, and continue declining like he did this year, who am I to say?  Let him play. haha  

Just not here!

Right? :lol: Lots of people think he should retire, his wife being first and foremost (stop ignoring me and these kids) and BB second (go away so I can show the world I can do it without you). But I think based on his press conference last night, he still has a hunger to play and would actually consider suiting up in another uniform before allowing what happened last night to be his last game, the pride is too immense. Interesting situation for sure!

• Like 2

Add another team to the list of teams looking for a new starter.  I think Carr is our answer and for many other teams as well.  If he becomes available we have the means to make it happen.  I just hope Ballard makes a move if he does become available.  What an offseason this is going to be.  

I think Brady returns to the Patriots.  Why?

They finished 12-4 with an offense that didn't feature many big play guys.

But they had the #1 defense.

If I'm Belicheck, I sign Brady to a 2-year deal.  I then sign both Eric Ebron and A.J. Green to give the offense more big play ability.

Josh McDaniels will finally leave, but that's fine.  Replace him with someone who already knows this offense.  Romeo Crennell?  Charlie Weiss?

They have maybe a 2-year window before everybody on the team finally really does get old.

11 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

If I'm Belicheck, I sign Brady to a 2-year deal.  I then sign both Eric Ebron and A.J. Green to give the offense more big play ability.

Josh McDaniels will finally leave, but that's fine.  Replace him with someone who already knows this offense.  Romeo Crennell?  Charlie Weiss?

They have maybe a 2-year window before everybody on the team finally really does get old.

they dont like players that drop passes and they really dont like guys that say too much to the media

Ebron doesnt fit in there 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I was thinking the same thing. Except I think they go after Ebron and Amari Copper. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Best Places for Brady...

1. Retirement

2. New England

3. Jacksonville

4. San Diego

5. Detroit ( back to Michigan to play for a Belichick disciple)

Indy will not be an option due to Kraft and Deflategate stigma.

After New England, San Diego will be his #1 choice with a running game and excellent pass catchers on the outside plus young TE, perfect offense for Brady. He’s going to have a few good games left like Montana with the Chiefs but not sure about a few years left.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 2:21 PM, King Colt said:

Zero chance he goes to the titans or dolphins

8 hours ago, aaron11 said:

the patriots would have a harder time finding a new QB than we will

they have Less money and worse draft picks

they will probably re sign him 

Jarrett Stidham seems to have a bit of Jimmy G about him. Let's not forget Garoppolo was unstoppable in his few times as Pats QB - without Gronk. 

22 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Romeo is a DEFENSIVE guy, not an offensive play caller

• Thanks 1

For what its worth, I still think he' ll end up back in NE. 

He and Belichick will go out together. Brady just needs some more offensive pass catchers. If NE commits to that, and I think they will, then he's back for one last push. 

But....if it doesn't happen, the Chargers are a legitimate alternative. 

• Like 1

This morning on one of the ESPN shows "where next for Brady"? came up and the three teams that came up were Tennessee, Vegas and Indy. One laughable comment was "can you envision Brady walking in to a stadium with a statue of Peyton Manning in front of the entrance?" One of the reporters did throw in the Chargers as a last minute comment. To me the most interesting place would be Cleveland because watching Mayfield's passes missing open receivers this year. Who knows and who cares, time will tell.