Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Were you happy with the Colts this year?


sb2001

Recommended Posts

Ok, I was extremely happy with them. I truly thought we would suck. Colts were in the running for a playoff spot For a while. What was your expectations this year, honestly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sb2001 said:

Ok, I was extremely happy with them. I truly thought we would suck. Colts were in the running for a playoff spot For a while. What was your expectations this year, honestly?

When Luck retired I had us 8-8 so this was expected. I think after starting 5-2, finishing 2-7 was the downer for most. Luck was worth 3.5 more wins = 11-5 or 12-4. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After Luck retired I figured the colts would finish around .500. That's where the team finished, so I guess they met my expectations. But it was still a disappointing season because with average QB play they are a 10 win team and in the playoffs. With elite QB play about a 12 or 13 win team and a 1 or 2 seed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very disappointed. I predicted 8-8, however, I didn't think Brissett would be so bad. We finished 7-9 with a bottom 5 QB and now we have to address that in the offseason, which could set us back 2-3 years. Still love Ballard, like Reich, and am excited about this team, FA, and the draft. We just need to get rid of Brissett ASAP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Very disappointed. I predicted 8-8, however, I didn't think Brissett would be so bad. We finished 7-9 with a bottom 5 QB and now we have to address that in the offseason, which could set us back 2-3 years. Still love Ballard, like Reich, and am excited about this team, FA, and the draft. We just need to get rid of Brissett ASAP.

So...... we should go into the offseason with Hoyer and Kelly on the roster?  I guess we could maybe bring Walker back?

 

This would make NO SENSE as it not only tips our hand to draft and/or FA, but essentially leaves us with NO options for next season.  I realize the emotion, but this makes no sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

So...... we should go into the offseason with Hoyer and Kelly on the roster?  I guess we could maybe bring Walker back?

 

This would make NO SENSE as it not only tips our hand to draft and/or FA, but essentially leaves us with NO options for next season.  I realize the emotion, but this makes no sense.

Obviously we will sign or draft someone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When Luck retired I had us 8-8 so this was expected. I think after starting 5-2, finishing 2-7 was the downer for most. Luck was worth 3.5 more wins = 11-5 or 12-4. 

This years finish sucked but this is about where I predicted them to be after Lucks out of nowhere retirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Obviously we will sign or draft someone. 

Thats still no reason to unload him.  Like cuttin off your nose to spite your face.  JB on the roster doesnt change anything or affect what we do in offseason.  Makes more sense to wait .
We all should be glad Ballard doesnt have blind faith that it will all work out in draft and FA.

  Im not arguing that we need better production from QB, just not in agreement JB should be left go considering.... well.... everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aftet Luck retired I had little expectations for this season then came a hot start . My expecations grew everything was looking good then it all fell apart . So all in all I am somewhat disappointed but very much look foward the colts future . I believe we have a great core of young talent a few more pieces and a decent QB will be back in the playoffs . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean about as expected, as others stated. Beating KC was awesome. There was some exciting football, just a different style then I am used to from the Colts. Not sure if it was Luck retiring or maybe I just had more going on this season, but I didn’t watch near as much NFL as I usually do. For whatever reason it just wasn’t the same this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Obviously we will sign or draft someone. 

Don't be so sure, I'm preparing for Brissett 2.0.  They guys in the draft that will be available don't impress and the FA's are no gift either.  I'll go out on a limb here and say given our position we're currently looking at Brissett v Kelly in camp to compete for the job.  Even if we pick up a Jake Fromm I'm not sure he doesn't sit a year at first. So...unless AL walks through that door, here we are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half was better than I expected. The second half was disappointing.

 

In all, losing the starting QB, having our kicker lose ground, and having the WR unit become the walking dead.....it was better than I would have ever guessed had I known what was coming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All considered (mostly already mentioned in this thread) I was happy with this year, yes. Next year should be better, and the next year even better. I believe in CB and I think FR can get the job done too. If we're good enough in the trenches, it eases the  need for expertise at the skill positions. The team is coming together nicely. We have good and eventually great seasons ahead!

 

There are a LOT of teams that don't have that outlook in their near future. So yes, I'm happy.

 

Go Colts!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting to watch the Colts for 16 weeks is a lot better than the 36 weeks they don’t play, so I am always happy with that. Having said that, I predicted 8-10 wins with JB, so they can up just short of my expectations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The team would be decent with an average NFL starter at QB.  The D was fine until the last month and the running game was good.  The kicker thing was utterly ridiculous.

 

So I think they are in line to be good as soon as next year if they sign one of the available vets and he can be at least average.

 

i hated the Brissett extension and hope we move on.  It was stupid using the washed up kicker this year and was stupid the stiff of a QB 28 million more dollars.  The KC game was fun BUT the QB got injured and was part of the rash of false JB positive.  I and others thought the guy was trash and we appear to be correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

Don't be so sure, I'm preparing for Brissett 2.0.  They guys in the draft that will be available don't impress and the FA's are no gift either.  I'll go out on a limb here and say given our position we're currently looking at Brissett v Kelly in camp to compete for the job.  Even if we pick up a Jake Fromm I'm not sure he doesn't sit a year at first. So...unless AL walks through that door, here we are.

That would be terrible. I can't handle another year of Brissett lol! :yuk:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B~Town said:

Aftet Luck retired I had little expectations for this season then came a hot start . My expecations grew everything was looking good then it all fell apart . So all in all I am somewhat disappointed but very much look foward the colts future . I believe we have a great core of young talent a few more pieces and a decent QB will be back in the playoffs . 

Exactly my feeling!

 

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Sorry to intrude again....

i was feeling a little down and needed another good laugh.

 

hahahahahahahaha !

 

thank you.

carry on as you were

Haha, brutal. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  Disappointed on how they handled Vinny and disappointed that Kelly never got a chance to play at the end and disappointed in JB's overall play.    I was happy for the play and development of some of our rookies.  There were some positives but overall I was not happy at all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That would be terrible. I can't handle another year of Brissett lol! :yuk:

I hear ya, I just don't see a path to someone clearly better.  Look, Brissett isn't terrible,  let's be fair, I get it, I really do, I've been a critic too.  That said, we need a better option, and I just don't see it. I can see us drafting a QB in the second round and I'm not sure that says instant starter.  I don't really love any QB's other than Burrow, I think I would go second round Fromm and I'm not sure he starts over Brissett in year one.  Just prepare yourself and don't write off Brissett or Kelly just yet...I just don't see a path to something better for next season. 

 

PS. We could end up with an Andy Dalton.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was unsurprised by how things ended up but I can't say i was happy about it. 

 

I haven't been particularly enamored by how the team has been built for a few years now and given our current situation I'm struggling to find positives for the near future as well. It's going to be a very big off season that is for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

They did exactly as I predicted. 

Yeah the 5-2 start is why most people are disappointed. Had we started something like 3-4 and lost to KC, no expectations at all would've been there. People got their hopes up after starting 5-2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No! Thought they should have played Kelly the last 2 games to at least see what he could do in real game conditions. Also did not like how the kicking situation was handled. This is a business and you are getting paid to make tough decisions. I did like how some of the young players got experience and played pretty well. Need to spend some money next year and get some real F.A. not ones that nobody else wanted. You can't build a team just using the draft because you are going to hit about 30 to 40 percent on your picks even if you are a good G.M.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No not at all we would be playing this weekend if we had a decent qb who could see open wide receiver's it was hard to watch. should have made a change at the position weeks earlier same with the kicker but it seems like we don't like making the hard choices

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1st half of year, way better than I expected.  Second half of the year, a little worse than I expected.  Overall should be slightly happy, but after such a strong showing the first half of the year, I got my hopes up and ended sadly.

 

I think it really started for me when they benched Williams.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.    I thought Brissett would be better.   I thought he would improve as the season went on.   Nothing.   No improvement.   No hope for next season at the moment.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the 5-2 start is why most people are disappointed. Had we started something like 3-4 and lost to KC, no expectations at all would've been there. People got their hopes up after starting 5-2.

I thought  we would make the playoffs,  losses to teams that we should  have beat cost us

Link to post
Share on other sites

I give the offense sone what of a pass because of Luck's sudden departure. The defense sucks and continues to show no improvment. Ballard's 2nd and 3rd round picks are not bearing any fruit.  He is a good talker, but I am getting tired of his same old message.  This scheme and talent on D needs to be re-assessed. The excuse gicen is the youth on D.  I thought this D was suppose to b simple and made for young players? Plus the D is getting worse and not better.  I don't see a player on this D who is worth keeping at this time besides Leonard.

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

I give the offense sone what of a pass because of Luck's sudden departure. The defense sucks and continues to show no improvment. Ballard's 2nd and 3rd round picks are not bearing any fruit.  He is a good talker, but I am getting tired of his same old message.  This scheme and talent on D needs to be re-assessed. The excuse gicen is the youth on D.  I thought this D was suppose to b simple and made for young players? Plus the D is getting worse and not better.  I don't see a player on this D who is worth keeping at this time besides Leonard.

Sorry and Moore

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...