Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Go vote for Reg n Edge!

Rally5

3 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

I love Reggie but if Marv wasn't first ballot there's no way Reggie is

Only couple ways I could think would be: (1) Reggie's second to J. Rice in post-season receiving categories and he had the long TD catch the year we won the SB which may stick out to some voters, (2) Marv had a couple very questionable off-field incidents (attacking the kid at the probowl, the gun-violence stuff near his car wash, etc.), (3) Marv almost totally avoided the media his whole career.  

I know off-field stuff isn't supposed to influence voters, but voters are humans and it has to have some weight on their ballots.  

Reggie (to my knowledge) never had any off-field incidents.  He's an extremely likeable guy.  He is regularly on NFL Network broadcasts and seems to get along great with the media.

In terms of on-field accolades and merit, I agree, no way should Reggie go first ballot if Marv didn't (until very late in Marv's career, Reggie was always WR #2 with Marv #1).  Marv put up better numbers (regular season receptions, yards, TDs) in 21 less games than Reggie.   However, Reggie has extremely impressive post-season numbers, had the big TD in the superbowl and has no off-field or media issues which (IMO) likely hurt Marv a little on the first ballot.  

If a WR gets in this year, I imagine it'll be Isaac Bruce who has been waiting quite a while and who has better career stats than Reggie.  

Next year, it'll likely be Reggie and Torry Holt as the only 2 WRs on the ballot and I'd assume Reggie gets in then.  After that, Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson will all be eligible (though Reggie put up better numbers than both Boldin and AJ).  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

Thanks for the link.

My strategy is this:

I voted ONLY for Reggie and Edge, so as not to give anyone else additional votes that could push that other person above Reggie and/or Edge.

Go Colts!!

Smart!!! :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CantBeStopped said:

I love Reggie but if Marv wasn't first ballot there's no way Reggie is

This is about voting for our guys, go look at the guys leading the list, Tasker, Matthews...no way man.  So, for me, this is about showing up for our guys who showed up for us year after year.