Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting QB Next Year

BleedBlue4Shoe86

Colts Starting QB in 2020?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the starting QB for the Colts in 2020?

• Andrew Luck
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Derek Carr
    • Jordan Love- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Justin Herbert- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Jacob Eason- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Jalen Hurts- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Anthony Gordon- Comes in halfway through the season

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

I don’t judge on wether a team got to a bowl game or not, it’s not really the point. Some undeserving teams always seem to get in every year. I’m saying 7-6 isn’t a good record for a QB projected to go in the middle of round 1, regardless of the team around him

200.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

200.gif

38 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I bet KC feels differently, seeing Texas Tech went 5-7 and no bowl in 2016. However, drafting P. Mahomes at 10.

Regardless of this all, I stand by my opinion that Jordan Love isn’t going to be that great. I suppose we can agree to disagree, haha 

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Regardless of this all, I stand by my opinion that Jordan Love isn’t going to be that great. I suppose we can agree to disagree, haha 

All good! It’s not like I’m going to get upset and make thread about it, because you have a different opinion. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

All good! It’s not like I’m going to get upset and make thread about it, because you have a different opinion. 

You already know some people would lol. It’s cool, I’ve seen you around for a while and every interaction has been great, so as soon as I saw your response I knew it would just be healthy banter with no real hostility. It’s good to have differing opinions on these forums, because some people can think one thing and get so focused on it that they close their minds to alternative views. Hell, maybe by draft season I’ll even grow to somewhat like Love, but it’s all because we have to keep our minds open. Everyone has their reasons, it’s just only good when it’s shared and discussed. Have a great night, man!

12 hours ago, MPStack said:

It’s all about good scouting and the “willingness” to take a calculated risk on a player the FO likes. Recent good examples being Wentz and J. Allen. 

I agree with this. There are also recent bad examples like Turbisky and Paxton Lynch. That is what makes the draft fascinating and  franchise altering. I’m just glad we have CB. I trust whatever his decision is. 

7 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

That is fine you feel that way. Whether it is Jordan Love or Justin Herbert that will be in our striking distance in the draft that Ballard and folks pull the trigger on, I will get behind them and cheer them on as always. 

Following a playoff miss, it gets boring talking about water under the bridge. So, we can speculate about the possible lights at the end of the tunnel, free agency and the draft, hopefully. :) 

I think the biggest thing to remember is that we, as fans, have are favorite players that are in the draft.  Whether it be Jordan Love, Justin Herbert, Jalen Hurts or Anthony Gordon. But that we are not the GM, we are not in the locker room and we are not at practice.  Therefore, CB has his board.  We might have Jordan Love with a first round grade and want him at 13, but CB may have him as a 2nd round grade.

Just remember, what we might want, Ballard may not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Has that been confirmed? The last report I heard was Tua will make an announcement on Monday.

its not confirmed yet, he should be on the poll at least

Best QB that we could get in the draft 

18 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Because I think we can all agree that Jacoby will probably be the starting QB in 2020.

I must have watched a different press conference.  I don't have that sense at all.  I could see them drafting a QB and bringing in a free agent.  Let's be honest, what Brissett has actually done on the field in two years as a starter... not what people are hoping he might become... what he has actually done on the field  in two years as a starter is easily replaceable.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

Oh heck no. Knowing the Patriots, we would sign Brady, then 10 minutes before the start of Game 1, he'd pull out and retire, leaving us screwed by the Patriots again.

Probably would get us to the SB and purposefully throw about 5 pick 6's and then go up to the podium after the game and say "That's for deflategate". . . Drop the microphone and leave.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Probably would get us to the SB and purposefully throw about 5 pick 6's and then go up to the podium after the game and say "That's for deflategate". . . Drop the microphone and leave.  

or retire the day of. something.  I wouldnt trust that man any farther than I could throw the Titanic