Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting QB Next Year


Colts Starting QB in 2020?  

91 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think will be the starting QB for the Colts in 2020?

    • Andrew Luck
      6
    • Jacoby Brissett
      36
    • Phillip Rivers
      1
    • Derek Carr
      7
    • Jordan Love- Comes in halfway through the season
      19
    • Justin Herbert- Comes in halfway through the season
      15
    • Jacob Eason- Comes in halfway through the season
      4
    • Jalen Hurts- Comes in halfway through the season
      2
    • Anthony Gordon- Comes in halfway through the season
      2


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one for fun:      

Oh heck no. Knowing the Patriots, we would sign Brady, then 10 minutes before the start of Game 1, he'd pull out and retire, leaving us screwed by the Patriots again.

Well crap.   Your post (who do you want) and the thread title (who do you think) are very different.   I clicked Brissett for Who do I think?  

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was just being sarcastic but going by his college stats many would think he could be the guy. Swag is a mystery at this point.

We’d all like to see what he can do, I just don’t think anyone is willing to hand him the job and put their job on the line. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JB is running away with this poll. If he starts next year there are going to be at least 15 posters on here that will just puke if he is. I will be ok with it but not overly joyed. I think we do need an upgrade. Some on here will be really upset lmao 


I’m good with it! 
 

I just wish Ted Marchibroda could be there each game to say “Let Er Rip.”

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Derek Carr.

 

The Las Vegas Raiders start their presence in the region by drafting nearby QB sensation Jordan Love from Utah State at pick 12.

 

They acquire backup QB and mentor Jacoby Brissett and pick 34 for Carr.  

 

This would be a Davis/Gruden move. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I really hope it’s Eason or Carr. I don’t get the Forum’s infatuation with Love, he flat out isn’t good, extremely overrated. I’ve watched tape on every single game this season for him, he has a couple wow plays, but they are few and far between and he has far more bad plays than good

Way to leave out the part where every offensive player besides Love on Utah State is a brand new starter this year. Make sure to look at the situation. Love is a solid QB.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Way to leave out the part where every offensive player besides Love on Utah State is a brand new starter this year. Make sure to look at the situation. Love is a solid QB.

Valid point I suppose, but even then he didn’t wow me much last year either, and he didn’t get better much if at all as the season progressed, which he should have once the new starters get more acclimated

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Valid point I suppose, but even then he didn’t wow me much last year either, and he didn’t get better much if at all as the season progressed, which he should have once the new starters get more acclimated

Well it is Utah State. Their recruiting isn't top-notch. Sometimes, if players are bad, they're just bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well it is Utah State. Their recruiting isn't top-notch. Sometimes, if players are bad, they're just bad.

What all that really tells me is that Love hasn’t proven that he has the ability to elevate a team

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I'm sorry for the confusion.  I meant who do you think will be the starter.  But who you think and who you want kinda mesh together.

 

3 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Go with who you want.  Because I think we can all agree that Jacoby will probably be the starting QB in 2020.

 

Dude...you’re all over the place on this.  Who you want and who you think are not necessarily the same.  I voted based on who I thought since that was the title of your thread and poll.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

What all that really tells me is that Love hasn’t proven that he has the ability to elevate a team

It's harder to elevate a poor college team. Half those guys will end up having real jobs in a couple years. If Love starts for a NFL team, 90+% of them are professional quality players that Love can do something with. That will allow a true evaluation of him. Big difference.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's harder to elevate a poor college team. Half those guys will end up having real jobs in a couple years. If Love starts for a NFL team, 90+% of them are professional quality players that Love can do something with. That will allow a true evaluation of him. Big difference.

Certainly, and that is a great point. All I’m saying is that I don’t sss Love as being that high caliber of a QB prospect. Eason, IMO, has the better potential and can likely be had at the top of the second frame rather than having to spend the 13th pick on a guy, which we could spend on CeeDee Lamb, a guy I think will be the next great NFL receiver

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It's harder to elevate a poor college team. Half those guys will end up having real jobs in a couple years. If Love starts for a NFL team, 90+% of them are professional quality players that Love can do something with. That will allow a true evaluation of him. Big difference.


It’s all about good scouting and the “willingness” to take a calculated risk on a player the FO likes. Recent good examples being Wentz and J. Allen. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarGhost21 said:

Certainly, and that is a great point. All I’m saying is that I don’t sss Love as being that high caliber of a QB prospect. Eason, IMO, has the better potential and can likely be had at the top of the second frame rather than having to spend the 13th pick on a guy, which we could spend on CeeDee Lamb, a guy I think will be the next great NFL receiver

CeeDee Lamb is my favorite WR at this point in the draft process. I haven't looked at Eason much yet because I'm not expecting to get him, but I will down the road. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Myles said:

IN that case, my answer is correct.   I think (and fear) it will be Jacoby.  

I want it to be Rivers or Carr or another option.    I don't really want it to be a draft pick coming in halfway through the season.   That tells me that we were not doing good and the season will be a waste.  

 

I'd consider Carr because he's still youngish.  I don't want Rivers.  at his age Rivers is a guy you go for when you've got all your other ducks in a row and whatever the clutch gene is, Rivers seems to have the exact opposite of it.  That said I'd bet against the Raiders ever making him available.  When you have a decent QB, you're an * if you let him go for anything short of a king's ransom

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MPStack said:


Think Tom would be * if Frank brought in Peyton as the QBs coach? :lol:

All indications are Manning and Brady are friends and have a ton of respect for each other.

 

The honest truth is Manning has more in common with Brady than any of us fans have in common with any active NFL player. Rivalries are mostly fan business.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Well it is Utah State. Their recruiting isn't top-notch. Sometimes, if players are bad, they're just bad.

The fact that you're already 4 layers deep in excuses says it all to me.  We don't need an excusemonger QB.   We already have two of those, one starting and one playing third string backup

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

The fact that you're already 4 layers deep in excuses says it all to me.  We don't need an excusemonger QB.   We already have two of those, one starting and one playing third string backup

He lost his entire offense. Not just one player. That included the oline too. Not to mention a new scheme and new coach. 

 

Not elevate a team lol. He scored 41 pts in the bowl game with trash weapons. He can’t help his defense is trash.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

He lost his entire offense. Not just one player. That included the oline too. Not to mention a new scheme and new coach. 

 

Not elevate a team lol. He scored 41 pts in the bowl game with trash weapons. He can’t help his defense is trash.

5 layers

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

The fact that you're already 4 layers deep in excuses says it all to me.  We don't need an excusemonger QB.   We already have two of those, one starting and one playing third string backup

The fact that you think every team and situation is the same for every player means you can't evaluate talent, probably have never played football before, and shouldn't be taken seriously when it comes to the draft.

 

The fact that you ignored Chloe just further proves my point.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Peyton was so great not even Luck really filled that void. It helped (Luck was great at times) thank God but he wasn't Peyton. Pats fans are about to go through what we have been going through shortly when Tommy says good bye. Bulls haven't been the same once they lost Jordan and that was back in 1998.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

What he got them was barely over .500. If you have a conference in which you can go 7-6 and still get to a bowl game, it's not that great of an achievement

Sounds like you are starting to warm up to him a little. you went from; 'I don’t get the Forum’s infatuation with Love, he flat out isn’t good, extremely overrated.' to 'it’s not that great of an achievement.:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MPStack said:


Yeah, I lurked on the Chargers message board and there’s a “rumor” Brady would think about playing for the Chargers. :lol:

Yea, because that move ended so well for Johnny Unitas..

 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

You don't know how bowl games work do you...

I don’t judge on wether a team got to a bowl game or not, it’s not really the point. Some undeserving teams always seem to get in every year. I’m saying 7-6 isn’t a good record for a QB projected to go in the middle of round 1, regardless of the team around him

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I don’t judge on wether a team got to a bowl game or not, it’s not really the point. Some undeserving teams always seem to get in every year. I’m saying 7-6 isn’t a good record for a QB projected to go in the middle of round 1, regardless of the team around him


I bet KC feels differently, seeing Texas Tech went 5-7 and no bowl in 2016. However, drafting P. Mahomes at 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MPStack said:


I bet KC feels differently, seeing Texas Tech went 5-7 and no bowl in 2016. However, drafting P. Mahomes at 10.

That is an very rare outlier though. Most successful NFL QBs had great success in college, pulling one name out doesn’t mean much at all IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...