Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starting QB Next Year

BleedBlue4Shoe86

Colts Starting QB in 2020?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will be the starting QB for the Colts in 2020?

• Andrew Luck
    • Jacoby Brissett
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Derek Carr
    • Jordan Love- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Justin Herbert- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Jacob Eason- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Jalen Hurts- Comes in halfway through the season
    • Anthony Gordon- Comes in halfway through the season

6 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

With everything that is being rumored, I thought I would ask the major question.  In your opinion, who would you want Starting for the Colts at QB next year?

Well crap.   Your post (who do you want) and the thread title (who do you think) are very different.   I clicked Brissett for Who do I think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Myles said:

Well crap.   Your post (who do you want) and the thread title (who do you think) are very different.   I clicked Brissett for Who do I think?

I'm sorry for the confusion.  I meant who do you think will be the starter.  But who you think and who you want kinda mesh together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I'm sorry for the confusion.  I meant who do you think will be the starter.  But who you think and who you want kinda mesh together.

IN that case, my answer is correct.   I think (and fear) it will be Jacoby.  

I want it to be Rivers or Carr or another option.    I don't really want it to be a draft pick coming in halfway through the season.   That tells me that we were not doing good and the season will be a waste.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

With everything that is being rumored, I thought I would ask the major question.  In your opinion, who would you want Starting for the Colts at QB next year?

who we want or who we think will be? those are two different questions. Which do you want us to vote on

Your question in the thread and in the poll are different. I answered JB as the answer to who WILL be starting. My answer for who I WANT to be starting is different - Luck. But it's not going to happen. I also think the ideal situation, barring Luck return, is that we draft a young QB and he's good enough and ready to play for week 1. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

Your question in the thread and in the poll are different. I answered JB as the answer to who WILL be starting. My answer for who I WANT to be starting is different - Luck. But it's not going to happen. I also think the ideal situation, barring Luck return, is that we draft a young QB and he's good enough and ready to play for week 1. 

Of course Luck would be my ultimate choice too. I am going to vote Luck. I skimmed through the question and didn't even see his name. He is the first name on here lmao 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never know, his days in New England look over. They aren't making it out of the Divisional Round IMO.

Yeah, I lurked on the Chargers message board and there’s a “rumor” Brady would think about playing for the Chargers. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Never know, his days in New England look over. They aren't making it out of the Divisional Round IMO.

NE offense is very difficult to master for a new QB or first year WR, hard enough for Tom to get on the same page with me. Plus, Kraft will riot if Belichick wants to move Brady. Not happening. 

You know it is the offseason when Rivers to the Colts, Brady to the Colts or Broncos, Eli to...(never mind, no one is speculating about him :) ), all this news circulates without much to go on, period. Too much educated conjecture because it "apparently" makes sense and makes good talking points. Not with me.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't mind Rivers either but I would just laugh if we Tom came here for 1 year after the way are fanbase has bashed him for years. 

I’d enjoy either for a season, until the Colts find a potential franchise QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't mind Rivers either but I would just laugh if  Tom came here for 1 year after the way are fanbase has bashed him for years. 

our* :lol: sorry bud, couldn't resist 

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

NE offense is very difficult to master for a new QB or first year WR, hard enough for Tom to get on the same page with me. Plus, Kraft will riot if Belichick wants to move Brady. Not happening. 

Brady is a FA at the end of this year. Where he goes if he does chose to not resign cannot be affected by Kraft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't mind Rivers either but I would just laugh if we Tom came here for 1 year after the way are fanbase has bashed him for years. 

Think Tom would be * if Frank brought in Peyton as the QBs coach? :lol:

• Haha 3

Man I voted for Carr because he could probably do some things in this offense but that’d be an even bolder move than drafting a QB in the first. If you trade for another starting QB you’re not doing that for him to sit on the bench. You’re not going to get a Titans scenario so you’d have to trade Brissett at that point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Man I voted for Carr because he could probably do some things in this offense but that’d be an even bolder move than drafting a QB in the first. If you trade for another starting QB you’re not doing that for him to sit on the bench. You’re not going to get a Titans scenario so you’d have to trade Brissett at that point. 

That would be nice.  Tannehill was great for the Titans in the 10 games he started for them:

70.3 % completions

22 TD's

6 INT's

229 yards per game

117.5 rating

65.4 QBR

185 yards rushing - 4.3 yards a carry, 4 TD's

I voted JB to at least start the year as our QB.  I feel Ballard and Reich want to give him another chance when he's healthy.  BUT, another injury or a few bad games will force them to make a change.

It will be very interesting to see who our back-up QB is coming out of camp.  I just don't see us acquiring Rivers, Brady, or Carr.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would be nice.  Tannehill was great for the Titans in the 10 games he started for them:

70.3 % completions

22 TD's

6 INT's

229 yards per game

117.5 rating

65.4 QBR

185 yards rushing - 4.3 yards a carry, 4 TD's

Way better than Brissett with about the same talent around him. He has no receivers besides Brown (who we should’ve drafted) and the running game is about the same.

I just don’t know if Ballard would bring  in Carr to sit behind Brissett. That would be an awkward situation for sure. If you get Carr, you have to trade Brissett given the money they both would be making.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Way better than Brissett with about the same talent around him. He has no receivers besides Brown (who we should’ve drafted) and the running game is about the same.

I just don’t know if Ballard would bring  in Carr to sit behind Brissett. That would be an awkward situation for sure. If you get Carr, you have to trade Brissett given the money they both would be making.

Trade Brissett for a 4th round pick.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

You know it is the offseason when Rivers to the Colts, Brady to the Colts or Broncos, Eli to...(never mind, no one is speculating about him :) ), all this news circulates without much to go on, period. Too much educated conjecture because it "apparently" makes sense and makes good talking points. Not with me.

Me either.

Crazy talk.

34 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

If you follow him on twitter you can the following tweet as well.  he mentioned that as the season collapsed, Ryan Grigson was texting members of the INDY media to say how bad the franchise was without him. 

Nobody on the Forum doubts, you want Jacoby to start in 2020. We believe you! :applause:

• Haha 2

I really hope it’s Eason or Carr. I don’t get the Forum’s infatuation with Love, he flat out isn’t good, extremely overrated. I’ve watched tape on every single game this season for him, he has a couple wow plays, but they are few and far between and he has far more bad plays than good

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2