Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft - Simulated Mock Drafts Thread

From TDN:

13. Jordan Love QB, Utah State - Future franchise QB.

34. Denzel Mims WR, Baylor - 100% a Ballard pick. A Senior Bowl standout that has just continued to impress. Limited route tree, but has the tools to be a really good WR that can play all 3 positions.

44. Justin Madubuike IDL, Texas A&M - Really good pass rushing 3T that will be able to work in the 3T rotation immediately.

75. Bryce Hall CB, Virginia - Is supposed to be ready for training camp and gives us a CB that perfectly matches what Ballard looks for in one.

112. Alex Highsmith EDGE, Charlotte - Small school guy that flashed at the Shrine game, Senior Bowl, and combine. He'll need to add play strength, but could develop into a solid pass rusher.

142. Michael Onwenu IOL, Michigan - Mountain of a RG. He doesn't have the athleticism to be able to pull and can struggle to get to the 2nd level at times, but the dude is a boulder. He's not getting pushed back and has some mean hands as well.

173. Trey Adams OT, Washington - A lot of injuries, but top OT potential if he can stay healthy.

191. Antonio Gandy-Golden WR, Liberty - A high upside WR that could sit on the PS a year or potentially provide solid depth while he develops. Low floor, but a high ceiling.

204. Shyheim Carter S, Alabama - Versatile DB that could provide solid depth & ST play.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is one I did today on TheDraftNetwork:   13 - Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina 34 - Jordan Love QB Utah State 44 - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville 75 - Cameron Dantzler CB Missi

Here's one from the draft network with a QB:  

My most recent The Draft Network mock:   13. Jordan Love QB, Utah State - If it's love, it's love.   34. Neville Gallimore IDL, Oklahoma - One of my favorite DT's and he's the 1T w

Posted Images

Post trade TDN mock:

34. Jordan Love, QB Utah State - By some measure of witchcraft, he fell. Can't pass him up at 34.

44. Tee Higgins, WR Clemson - Instant impact WR with potential to take over as WR1 in the future.

75. Matthew Peart, OT UConn - Potential LT of the future. Will need some time, but I really like his potential.

122. Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan - See above post.

160. Harrison Bryant, TE Florida Atlantic - High potential pass catching TE that can block too. Needs to get bigger and stronger, but the upside is definitely there and he could contribute immediately.

193. Benito Jones, IDL Ole Miss - Fire hydrant of a 1T that would help solidify the DL.

197. Binjimen Victor, WR Ohio State -High upside WR with some great physical traits, but still pretty raw as a WR. Good WR to at least stash on the PS and develop.

31 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I would not mind Love at 34.  But I doubt it's going to happen.

I seriously doubt it too, but the board fell:

5. MIA - Tua

6. LAC - Herbert

7. CAR - Derrick Brown

12. OAK - Henry Ruggs III

14. TB - Andrew Thomas

Beyond that, there's no QB needy teams unless a team trades up. It's plausible, but I honestly can't see a team not trading up at the end of the 1st to get Love to get that 5th year option.

Post trade mock:  I like it, what are yours thoughts?

34: R2P2

QB JORDAN LOVE

UTAH STATE

44: R2P12

WR CHASE CLAYPOOL

NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11

EDGE CURTIS WEAVER

BOISE STATE

122: R4P16

S JEREMY CHINN

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

160: R5P14

DL RASHARD LAWRENCE

LSU

193: R6P14

RB AJ DILLON

BOSTON COLLEGE

197: R6P18

OT SCOTT FRANTZ

KANSAS STATE

I just made two post-Buckner and Rivers mocks. The first one is a win-now mock, the second is a more balanced mock with look both for this season and for the future. Here we go... 

Win now: 

npTalM7.jpg

Balanced: 

kOEIa2W.jpg

Which one do you like better? 

42 minutes ago, stitches said:

Any particular reason? 

He's soft, especially for his size. OSU and LSU exposed him pretty bad. If he can't do much against those guys he's likely going to struggle as much in the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He's soft, especially for his size. OSU and LSU exposed him pretty bad. If he can't do much against those guys he's likely going to struggle as much in the NFL.

12 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Exactly what BleedBlu8792 said.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure a game or two are great for evaluating a player, especially since he only played in 23 snaps vs OSU(because of the hit he had to the head... and he returned and some of those 23 snaps were after that hit and he played against possibly the best CB prospect to come into the game in years). His full body of work is more representative of what he is than his best or his worst game. 

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure a game or two are great for evaluating a player, especially since he only played in 23 snaps vs OSU(because of the hit he had to the head... and he returned and some of those 23 snaps were after that hit and he played against possibly the best CB prospect to come into the game in years). His full body of work is more representative of what he is than his best or his worst game. 

He didn't get hit in the head. He took a hit fell to the ground and his head barely hit the ground. He pretty much b****ed out after taking that hit. He also went out again after another hit. I'm positive the same thing happened in the LSU game as well. He got popped good a couple times and took himself out for a good handful of plays. Also, being an OSU guy for A LONG TIME, sorry Okudah isn't as good as they are making him out to be. He's literally the same player that Eli Apple was. 

3 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

He didn't get hit in the head. He took a hit fell to the ground and his head barely hit the ground. He pretty much b****ed out after taking that hit. He also went out again after another hit. I'm positive the same thing happened in the LSU game as well. He got popped good a couple times and took himself out for a good handful of plays. Also, being an OSU guy for A LONG TIME, sorry Okudah isn't as good as they are making him out to be. He's literally the same player that Eli Apple was. 

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one :thmup:

• 4 weeks later...

Got bored and did this on NFL Mock Draft Database. Traded 44 to the Eagles for 53 and 103, which according to the trade value chart comes out 460 to 458.

Round: 2

34. Jordan Love QB | Utah State  -  Future franchise QB. At 34, this a steal.

53. Michael Pittman Jr. WR | USC  -   Has become one of my favorite day 2 WRs. I think he can contribute right away and develop into a future WR1.

Round: 3

75. Matt Peart OT | UConn  -  High upside & potential LT of the future.

103. Harrison Bryant TE | Florida Atlantic  -  Athletic pass-catching TE that can block and would be a good compliment to Doyle & MAC.

Round: 4

122. Shane Lemieux IOL | Oregon  -  Immediately pushes Glow at RG. 

Round: 5

161. Benito Jones DL | Mississippi  -  Fire hydrant 1T. Plays with fantastic leverage and eats up double teams. He's not explosive, but he's nimble and can make plays laterally down the line.

Round: 6

194. Jon Runyan OT | Michigan  -  He's not his dad, but he'd at least give us versatile depth at G/T. Needs to get stronger and hone his technique. Already has the high football IQ.

198. Antoine Brooks Jr. S | Maryland  -  Hard hitting, physical box safety. He's not helping you in coverage at all, but he'll help set the tone when he's in on defense (which would be in certain sub-packages only). At the very least, he projects as a high level ST player and would be a heat-seeking missile on kick coverage.

TDN Mock draft

Which would you prefer?  A or B?

A

34 Jordan Love, QB
44 A.J. Terrell, CB
75 Chase Claypool, WR
122 Kenny Willekes, EDGE
160 Harrison Bryant, TE
193 Tanner Muse, S
197 Alex Taylor, OT

B

34 Grant Delpit, S
44 Austin Jackson, OT
75 Cameron Dantzler, CB
122 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE
160 Tyler Johnson, WR
193 Jauan Jennings, WR
197 Cole McDonald, QB

Im leaning towards A myself as we get QB if future and good overall talent, but B, I think,  has better fits in OT,WR & DBs. 

2 more drafts to pick from:

A

34 Jordan Love, QB
44 Jeremy Chinn, S
75 Chase Claypool, WR
122 Shane Lemieux, IOL
160 A.J. Dillon, RB
193 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR
197 Lamar Jackson, CB

B

34  Jordan Love, QB

44  Austin Jackson, OT

75  Chase Claypool, WR

122 Logan Sternberg, G

160 Derek Tuszka, Edge

193 Tanner Muse, S

197 Lamar Jackson, CB

Im leaning towards A, but B has an Edge & OT that A doesn’t. However, A has an athletic S and a bruising RB. 

Thoughts?

Question for all you Mock Draft fanatics - which site do you guys prefer in regards to simulation?

I've been using The Draft Network, but both PFF and Fanspeak have their strengths and flaws.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:05 AM, indyman411 said:

TDN Mock draft

Which would you prefer?  A or B?

A

34 Jordan Love, QB
44 A.J. Terrell, CB
75 Chase Claypool, WR
122 Kenny Willekes, EDGE
160 Harrison Bryant, TE
193 Tanner Muse, S
197 Alex Taylor, OT

B

34 Grant Delpit, S
44 Austin Jackson, OT
75 Cameron Dantzler, CB
122 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE
160 Tyler Johnson, WR
193 Jauan Jennings, WR
197 Cole McDonald, QB

Im leaning towards A myself as we get QB if future and good overall talent, but B, I think,  has better fits in OT,WR & DBs. 

A no doubt 

1 hour ago, MTC said:

Question for all you Mock Draft fanatics - which site do you guys prefer in regards to simulation?

I've been using The Draft Network, but both PFF and Fanspeak have their strengths and flaws.

I like The Draft Network's mock draft tool and don't mind Fanspeak. I messed with the PFF tool and didn't care for it at all. 

My favorite right now is NFL Mock Draft Database. Good trade tool and solid board.

• Like 1

My latest on NFL Mock Draft Database got me this:

Trades:

DEN trades #46, #95, #118 to IND for #34 & #122

NE trades #125 & #173 to IND for #118

So I basically traded #34 and #122 for #46, #95, #125 & #173

Picks:

#44 J. Reagor WR

#46 I. Wilson T

#75 C. Claypool WR

#95 Harrison Bryant TE

#125 J. Blackmon S

#161 D. Hamilton DL

#173 C. Heck T

#194 A. Brooks Jr. S

#198 S. Quarterman LB

I am thinking Wilson will be gone before #46, possibly in first round and Bryant may be gone before then as well.  I know TE isn't as high a priority now as it was yesterday but Bryant was too tough to pass on at that point. 

Reagor & Claypool fill our WR needs, Blackmon and Brooks give us some depth to develop at S, Heck is a project to hopefully be able to be a swing tackle in a few years and Quarterman is a project who could develop into a solid backup ILB and special teams player.