Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obviously there is a lot value where we are at, I personally love some of the DTs who will probably be there. I do not particularly like taking a QB there and since this draft is pretty deep on o-line and WR, would it be a viable option to trade back late into the 1st pick up someone like Fromm, Love, or Eason if we like them, then get an extra late second rounder. Get a DT with our early 2nd rounder then have two late second rounders for a WR like Dovanta Smith and another for something else like RB, TE, CB, or OL. I'm just spitballing. Lol

If the right qb falls late 1st, trade up from 34 into the 1st to give that 5th year option and make sure he doesn't get snagged late... Similar to how the Ravens acquired Lamar Jackson. Our #13 is going to be a tackle, whether offensive or defensive is to be seen. 

the 34 and 44 picks together are roughly valued at the 16th pick in the draft... which is reassuring to know the option is there if we don't pick a qb and the one the front office is hot on continues to drop in the 1st. I'm in favor of a first round Tackle/QB combo that could very well be our franchise backbone for the next 15 years versus a defensive tackle plus two 2nd round picks that might go 50/50 in their careers. 

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No this is not the year to move up when you have the 13th pick. When picking at the bottom of the first it makes sense. Not at 13.

Odd comment to me.  The trade compensation to get from 13 to top 10 is quite doable historically without giving up a future 1.  It all depends on how you value available players and what it costs to get there.

There are players in this draft, not just QBs that Ballard will make offers on to trade up for...doubt his offers will be accepted, however.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ztboiler said:

Odd comment to me.  The trade compensation to get from 13 to top 10 is quite doable historically without giving up a future 1.  It all depends on how you value available players and what it costs to get there.

There are players in this draft, not just QBs that Ballard will make offers on to trade up for...doubt his offers will be accepted, however.

Oh my I am so sorry. I thought that said trade down. Lol.  Yes moving up might be worth it.

• Like 1