Indianapolis Colts
DownHillRunner

Tua, Ruggs, and others returning to Bama for their senior season

On 1/4/2020 at 12:50 AM, OhioColt said:

Remind me again when Alabama has had a QB become a true long-term NFL starter?  

Still see Tua as being another long-term clip board holder after having a small starting nod.

It's even worst with OSU QBs

Press conference is about to start in a few minutes. 

edit: He's going into the draft. Nice. 

As a colt fan I am glad. Now there is one more QB. He looked good walking with out his crutch. Barely even a limp.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:39 PM, rockywoj said:

Tua is still projected to go in the mid to early first round.   Financially, I think it would be a HUGE mistake for him to return for his senior season.  If he declares for the draft, the money is as good as in the bank for him.  If he goes back to college, if he doesn’t adequately recover and then return to his old self, his value will plummet and he will have cost himself $millions$.  

If I were his advisor, I’d be telling him that, financially speaking, to return to college would be idiocy.  With a return, he basically has nowhere to go but down.  

We shall see if he is smart or not. 

Encouraging to see that he is smart.  Good decision, Tua!

On 1/3/2020 at 6:50 PM, OhioColt said:

Remind me again when Alabama has had a QB become a true long-term NFL starter?  

Still see Tua as being another long-term clip board holder after having a small starting nod.

There's no need to do that because it's irrelevant to the conversation.  All QBs, regardless of the school they play for, should be scouted individually and not judged on the past successes or failures of other players at their positions that went to the same school.

Devonta Smith returning to Alabama. 

Henry Ruggs entering the draft. 

• Thanks 1

With this deep draft class we could get our QB and a guy like Ruggs with our first two picks. Imagine Hilton with Ruggs.

4 hours ago, J@son said:

There's no need to do that because it's irrelevant to the conversation.  All QBs, regardless of the school they play for, should be scouted individually and not judged on the past successes or failures of other players at their positions that went to the same school.

With Tua’s injury history imo, which am no expert, still don’t see Tua being a long-term answer.  Always find hidden gems of QB in late rounds like Tom Brady.  With Tua declaring for the draft it feels more like a short-term money grabber for him which don’t blame him.  Time will tell what his legacy will be and best wishes to him and his family that he does have a prosperous NFL career.

2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

With Tua’s injury history imo, which am no expert, still don’t see Tua being a long-term answer.  Always find hidden gems of QB in late rounds like Tom Brady.  With Tua declaring for the draft it feels more like a short-term money grabber for him which don’t blame him.  Time will tell what his legacy will be and best wishes to him and his family that he does have a prosperous NFL career.

always find Tom Bradys in late rounds huh?  NFL owners should be salivating over your eye for talent.

11 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

With this deep draft class we could get our QB and a guy like Ruggs with our first two picks. Imagine Hilton with Ruggs.

How long T.Y's contract last for ? 

2 hours ago, Edo said:

just one more season 

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

just one more season 

Thanks ! Do you guys reckon he'll be resigned ? 

4 hours ago, Edo said:

One more season but he did say he wants one more contract before retiring. Every team has a player or two that should retire on that team. Hilton is one of them. He should get extended a few more years. Might even get done this off season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OhioColt said:

Really?  You can "always find hidden gems" in late rounds?  Aside from Brady and I'll give you Tony Romo, how many others have there been?

18 hours ago, J@son said:

Really?  You can "always find hidden gems" in late rounds?  Aside from Brady and I'll give you Tony Romo, how many others have there been?

This year how about Anthony Gordon - final answer.  Only time will tell to see if he can make it rain money.