Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No intel here but on the chance the Lions are looking QB at 4. Thoughts on trading for Stafford assuming he’s fully healthy?  He’s only 31 and this would allow the Colts to draft other positions of need (DT/WR) with their earlier picks.  I don’t think he’s cost us pick 13.   Sucks we’re in this position.  QB purgatory is not fun at all folks.  

• Like 3

I just read a tweet that Tua has 90% chance of returning for his senior season. This really hurts us because now the Lions are looking for a Quarterback and Love and Herbert could be off the board before 13 unless Ballard trades up. 

I've always liked how Stafford plays, but I'd rather see if Carr becomes available first. Stafford could be a fall back option though. 

Alex Smith should be healthy, he'd be a decent option. Carr would cost us a 2nd rounder, Cam Newton would be a 2nd or 3rd, Stafford would cost us at LEAST a 1st and 3rd. If we're looking for a fill gap I'd rather look at Manning or Rivers. Both may be past their prime, but with out team they might do well..

20 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Stafford... Carr... Alex Smith... etc.  All of these so many members here chewed up and spit out when Luck was our QB. Now it seems those same QB's look like the proverbial fields of greener grass to them.  :thinking:

This makes no sense! Why would ANYONE want any one of them when Luck was here anyway?

always felt that Stafford was made to look better than he really is by having a superstar at WR--he wouldn't have that luxury here. TY is our best WR by a long way, and he's not as good as he was (maybe that's because of the massive drop in QB standard, but he is getting up in years).

7 hours ago, ColtJax said:

This makes no sense! Why would ANYONE want any one of them when Luck was here anyway?

Oh, get a grip!   Is Andrew Luck here NOW?!?

People want those guys NOW because they think these players are better than who we currently have!   This isn’t rocket science.   Don’t over-think this. 

On 1/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

I like the idea of Stafford or Carr a lot actually. It allows us to spend all of our picks (3 in the top 45) on BPA players to fill need, and also spend some draft cap on a few difference makers and hopefully make a run these next 4-5 years. 

Stafford and Carr are NOT free agents.  They are under contract.   If we acquire them it’s via trade from thise three draft picks you love.   In other words, we’d have to give up a pick(s) to get the QB.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh, get a grip!   Is Andrew Luck here NOW?!?

People want those guys NOW because they think these players are better than who we currently have!   This isn’t rocket science.   Don’t over-think this. 

Yes, and shows how mercurial our fans are. I, for one, want to develop our QB from the draft.  Find the best guy with the proper attributes to fit Reich's system, and find a way to get him. Not just 'a' QB, but 'the' QB.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2020 at 2:07 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Stafford... Carr... Alex Smith... etc.  All of these so many members here chewed up and spit out when Luck was our QB. Now it seems those same QB's look like the proverbial fields of greener grass to them.  :thinking:

I think Smith was always overly picked on because he didn't make enough down field splash plays.  

Following the 2012 season, Smith was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs. In his first season with the team, he led them to a 9–0 start and their first playoff berth in three years. Smith went on to guide the Chiefs to an eleven-game winning streak in 2015 and their first playoff win since 1994. During his time with the Chiefs, he led the league in passer rating in 2017 and was named to three Pro Bowls. Following the 2017 season, Smith was traded to the Washington Redskins

He was the QB traded out of SF to make room for Kaep.  lmao

I don't know if Stafford would be a great fit.

Yeah not sure either but he’s 31 so he’s got several years left in a window of opportunity for us to win.  If Ballard loves a guy in the draft than that works too.   Obviously it all comes down to what Ballard and his team considers a good fit.  As long as the position is addressed this offseason I’m good.  It’s January 8th and a long way away from roster moves happening.  I need something to talk about lol.