Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So far Herbert has made a couple good throws. I do have questions whether he can run a NFL offense. This Oregon offense does not look like a NFL offense. When I watch Love I see NFL throws all over the field. I don’t like this Oregon offense. It isn’t helping Herberts case. I can really see Love go before Herbert.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

When Herbert played against Utah they opened the game up much more. This game tonight is holding him back. Can he adjust to the nfl will be interesting.  Love just looks so much better.

From what I have seen Love and Eason both look better. The thing is the NFL has the interviewing process, that will play big in all of this. None of us know how these guys will interview. Like when Peyton and Leaf came out, Leaf looked just as impressive but in the interview process, Peyton smoked him. The Colts knew at that point who was legit and who wasn't.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

From what I have seen Love and Eason both look better. The thing is the NFL has the interviewing process, that will play big in all of this. None of us know how these guys will interview. Like when Peyton and Leaf came out, Leaf looked just as impressive but in the interview process, Peyton smoked him. The Colts knew at that point who was legit and who wasn't.

I have no doubt Herbert will do well in interviews and the whiteboard. Unless Oregon has held him back that much. Sounds like Love submerges himself in football.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have no doubt Herbert will do well in interviews and the whiteboard. Unless Oregon has held him back that much. Sounds like Love submerges himself in football.

Herbert is a smart kid so I agree he will probably do well. I think Love and Eason will too though. Some don't for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yeah do they not have any WR to go down field. That was a ugly INT by Herbert.

They have horrible pass catchers. Normally Oregon is has much better talent, but the last few years have been horrible.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Herbert, Fromm, nor Tua is even on my draft board. I like Love and Eason much better.

Keep in mind Herbert has poor talent around him, very poor for Oregon. Also, Wisconsin has one of the best passing Ds in CFB. Hold QBs to 50ish completion % and around 190ish yard/game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/team/_/view/defense/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Just now, EastStreet said:

They have horrible pass catchers. Normally Oregon is has much better talent, but the last few years have been horrible.

Keep in mind Herbert has poor talent around him, very poor for Oregon. Also, Wisconsin has one of the best passing Ds in CFB. Hold QBs to 50ish completion % and around 190ish yard/game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/team/_/view/defense/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/passingYardsPerGame/dir/asc

True but I am not going by just this 1 game. I just like what I see out of Love and Eason better. Herbert isn't bad by no means. I am not saying that. Look at what Love did last year when he had better talent around him, he tore it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but I am not going by just this 1 game. I just like what I see out of Love and Eason better. Herbert isn't bad by no means. I am not saying that. Look at what Love did last year when he had better talent around him, he tore it up.

Stat wise, Herbert has done very very well the last 2 years. 3000+ years and 30+ TDs while throwing single digit INTs. He improved his completion % this year big time too.

I like Love as well, but Herbert is probably the most pro ready except for Burrow.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/justin-herbert-1.html

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Stat wise, Herbert has done very very well the last 2 years. 3000+ years and 30+ TDs while throwing single digit INTs. He improved his completion % this year big time too.

I like Love as well, but Herbert is probably the most pro ready except for Burrow.

Burrow and Herbert won't be there at #13, so there is a reason why Ballard shouldn't even consider them. So I agree with you from that side of it. The Colts draft board probably looks like this Love, Eason, and someone we may not even expect. Tua will probably be gone too before we pick but he is a risky pick anyway because of his injuries. He may even stay at Bama?

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow and Herbert won't be there at #13, so there is a reason why Ballard shouldn't even consider them. So I agree with you from that side of it. The Colts draft board probably looks like this Love, Eason, and someone we may not even expect. Tua will probably be gone too before we pick but he is a risky pick anyway because of his injuries. He may even stay at Bama?

Ballard could move up if Herbert was his guy. Picks 2-4 aren't taking QBs, and many are saying Miami may wait another year for Lawrence (they have a ton of draft capital).

I don't really want Tua either due to the injuries. I'd be more than happy with either Love or Herbert. 

• Like 1

Ballard could move up if Herbert was his guy. Picks 2-4 aren't taking QBs, and many are saying Miami may wait another year for Lawrence (they have a ton of draft capital).

I don't really want Tua either due to the injuries. I'd be more than happy with either Love or Herbert. 

I agree with Tua, to risky. What do you think about Eason. I do like him.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with Tua, to risky. What do you think about Eason. I do like him.

I like him, but have to dig into him much more. I was planning on deep diving QBs over the holidays, but visiting family and doing mom-dos for the last week+. Off the cuff without needed research, I like Burrow, Herbert, Love, Tua, Eason, and Gordon (in that order). I wouldn't even consider Fromm or Hurts. I would have added Newman had he not chose to stay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree 100% about Burrow but I don't necessarily agree that Herbert won't be there at 13. I've seen a few mock drafts where he has fallen to 13, plus I can imagine that a QB like Love will rise leading up to the draft, and possibly Eason. 

To me, Tua was an okay QB but I didn't find anything too special about him if I'm being honest, and then the injury concerns have just removed him from my board. For me at QB, it's:

1.Herbert

2. Love

3. Eason

• Like 1

I like him, but have to dig into him much more. I was planning on deep diving QBs over the holidays, but visiting family and doing mom-dos for the last week+. Off the cuff without needed research, I like Burrow, Herbert, Love, Tua, Eason, and Gordon (in that order). I wouldn't even consider Fromm or Hurts. I would have added Newman had he not chose to stay.

We agree on that too as in I am not Fromm guy either and no way on Hurts. Gordon is intriguing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

I agree 100% about Burrow but I don't necessarily agree that Herbert won't be there at 13. I've seen a few mock drafts where he has fallen to 13, plus I can imagine that a QB like Love will rise leading up to the draft, and possibly Eason. 

To me, Tua was an okay QB but I didn't find anything too special about him if I'm being honest, and then the injury concerns have just removed him from my board. For me at QB, it's:

1.Herbert

2. Love

3. Eason

Love has been on a steady rise. If he out performs Herbert and Eason (and others), he could have a major jump.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We agree on that too as in I am not Fromm guy either and no way on Hurts. Gordon is intriguing. 

Yup, Gordon is very interesting. Can't wait to look closer at him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

1.Herbert

2. Love

3. Eason

This is my first game watching Herbert. And I know it's only one game and is not enough to make an informed decision, but I have not liked what I've seen in this game so far. Maybe he makes some plays to win it. 

Yeah, I’ve looked into Herbert more the last few days and I’m just skeptical of him. Don’t like his struggles with downfield reads/accuracy, and he can end up staring guys down frequently. I kind of get JB vibes from him in that respect, not as much as I do from Hurts but still. He’s a better runner than I thought though. And I do think he could have relative success in Reich’s scheme, at least with short/intermediate stuff.

I think my guys so far are Love and Gordon. And only Gordon if it’s outside of the 1st/2nd round.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Love has been on a steady rise. If he out performs Herbert and Eason (and others), he could have a major jump. 

I bet Love has a rise like Josh Allen, where he shows flashes at the Senior Bowl and then really explodes during the Combine during QB drills. Eason could rise at the Combine too but I read somewhere there may be character concerns with him, so that may stunt any possible rise for Eason.

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, I’ve looked into Herbert more the last few days and I’m just skeptical of him. Don’t like his struggles with downfield reads/accuracy, and he can end up staring guys down frequently. I kind of get JB vibes from him, not as much as I do from Hurts but still. He’s a better runner than I thought though. And I do think he could have relative success in Reich’s scheme, at least with short/intermediate stuff.

I think my guys so far are Love and Gordon. And only Gordon if it’s outside of the 1st/2nd round.

Herbert reminds me a lot of Trubisky watching this game. 

4 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

I bet Love has a rise like Josh Allen, where he shows flashes at the Senior Bowl and then really explodes during the Combine during QB drills. Eason could rise at the Combine too but I read somewhere there may be character concerns with him, so that may stunt any possible rise for Eason.

I heard there is chatter with Eason he is lazy.

23 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't agree with Miami waiting for another year.  They made improvements this year and who ever has the #1 pick in 2021 will not move out of that spot and give up Lawrence.  He is a legit generational qb. Lets say a top tier qb like Watson got hurt  this year and Houston ended with the #1 pick next year.  I bet they would trade Watson and keep Lawrence.  I bet only a qb like Mahonnes would b safe.  The hype will b that much in 2021 when he comes out.  

24 minutes ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

SR Bowl and combine will be very interesting this year that's for sure.

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't agree with Miami waiting for another year.  They made improvements this year and who ever has the #1 pick in 2021 will not move out of that spot and give up Lawrence.  He is a legit generational qb. Lets say a top tier qb like Watson got hurt  this year and Houston ended with the #1 pick next year.  I bet they would trade Watson and keep Lawrence.  I bet only a qb like Mahonnes would b safe.  The hype will b that much in 2021 when he comes out.  

Don’t forget they have the number 10 pick from last years draft sitting on the bench if they want to wait.

19 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

There will likely be several teams with new or newer QBs high in the draft this year, and at perhaps the #1 next year. That combined with the ton of draft capital (#1 this year, plus whatever they get via trade for their 5th this year) that Miami has could end up being 4-6 number 1s that they could save to trade for next years #1. That's a lot. They can pretty much do whatever they want, and it would be incredibly hard for any team to turn down that kind of offer. I'd also add that while I think Lawrence is fantastic, his stock has suffered a bit this year. He can regain that momentum in one last game (this years NC), and all next year though.

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There will likely be several teams with new or newer QBs high in the draft this year, and at perhaps the #1 next year. That combined with the ton of draft capital (#1 this year, plus whatever they get via trade for their 5th this year) that Miami has could end up being 4-6 number 1s that they could save to trade for next years #1. That's a lot. They can pretty much do whatever they want, and it would be incredibly hard for any team to turn down that kind of offer. I'd also add that while I think Lawrence is fantastic, his stock has suffered a bit this year. He can regain that momentum in one last game (this years NC), and all next year though.

I don't believe Lawrence's stock has suffered.  Sure he started slow, but Clemson is almost like the Warriors. They turn it on as the season progresses.  He was great against Ohio and if he beats LSU and is dominant, it will only cement his legacy.  Honestly, I am not sure how much it would cost to move up to get him.  Rumours were that the Colts were offered at least 3 #1's for Luck  and didn't budge.  People say Lawrence maybe more hyped than Luck  when it comes to his draft year in 2021.  I tend to agree.  Guys like him only come around so often.  He changes your franchise for  the next 15 years. Is that worth 4 #1's?  I don't know but it will b a fun draft to watch. Just look what Luck did with what most called a roster not rich with talent

33 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't believe Lawrence's stock has suffered.  Sure he started slow, but Clemson is almost like the Warriors. They turn it on as the season progresses.  He was great against Ohio and if he beats LSU and is dominant, it will only cement his legacy.  Honestly, I am not sure how much it would cost to move up to get him.  Rumours were that the Colts were offered at least 3 #1's for Luck  and didn't budge.  People say Lawrence maybe more hyped than Luck  when it comes to his draft year in 2021.  I tend to agree.  Guys like him only come around so often.  He changes your franchise for  the next 15 years. Is that worth 4 #1's?  I don't know but it will b a fun draft to watch. Just look what Luck did with what most called a roster not rich with talent

While I agree TL will likely go first, Fields gained a bunch on him. Also, TL was favored by many to to win the Heisman (some had him, some had Tua). Not only did he not win, he was only 7th in voting, and behind 3 other QBs. It wasn't just stats that suffered, he was sloppy early and plain looked mediocre vs a few very mediocre teams. He can't have another year like that. He can make up a lot for all that with big game vs LSU, but not sure that will happen.

Let's say somehow Cinci, with Burrow ends up #1 next year because the rest of their team sucks. Do you think they would turn down several #1s?

Lawrence playing against mediocre agsinst average teams doesn't bother me. Hell i

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

While I agree TL will likely go first, Fields gained a bunch on him. Also, TL was favored by many to to win the Heisman (some had him, some had Tua). Not only did he not win, he was only 7th in voting, and behind 3 other QBs. It wasn't just stats that suffered, he was sloppy early and plain looked mediocre vs a few very mediocre teams. He can't have another year like that. He can make up a lot for all that with big game vs LSU, but not sure that will happen.

Let's say somehow Cinci, with Burrow ends up #1 next year because the rest of their team sucks. Do you think they would turn down several #1s?

Yes, I think they would draft Lawrence and unload Burrows.  I mean if they drafted Burrows and were picking #1 again in 2021, how valuable could he  be?? I also think they would turn down multiple #1's.  Let's say they Clemson wins it this and next year and Lawrence wins the Heisman, he will b untouchable. I have watched him and he is legit. He goes through his reads, is athletic, cannon for an arm and a great leader.  That throw he made against Ohio running and throwing against his body for a touchdown.....wow.  Maybe a couple of qbs in the NFL make that.