Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WG New-Year Dream Offseason

Let me start out by saying that this isn't entirely realistic, and I highly doubt much of this happens. There is also the case that some of these players may get resigned or franchise tagged, but I wanted to put this out early so I won't be able to account for that as much, though I do leave off names of players that are likely to do so. I am also making this under the assumption that AC does end up retiring. Let's begin! 

Free Agency:

Colts Cap Space (Approx.):  ~$100M

Chris Jones, DT, 25

Contract: 5 years, $105M, $21M per year

Yannick Ngakoue, DE, 25

Contract: 3 years, $57M, $19M per year

Jack Conklin, OT, 26

Contract: 4 years, $64M, $16M per year

Joe Thuney, G, 27

Contract: 2 years, $18M, $9M per year

Add to this another few low tier signings, projected at $15M in total per year

Remaining Cap Space (Approx.): ~$20M

FA Recap:

What a free agency this would be. We want a pass rush, and now we have one. Bringing in both Ngakoue and Jones would seriously boost our D-line significantly, and give us a lot of star power up there. On the other side of the ball, we continue building the trenches, with Conklin sliding to LT, which he played throughout college, and Thuney moving to RG to take over for Glowinski. All four of these players are young and talented, and each would make a big impact immediately.

The Draft:

Round 1, Pick 13: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

Round 2, Pick 34: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Round 2, Pick 44: Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Round 3, Pick 75: Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Round 4, Pick 112: Calvin Throckmorton, OT/G, Oregon

Round 5, Pick 142: Paddy Fisher, LB, Northwestern

Round 6, Pick 173: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Round 6, Pick 188: Tarik Black, WR, Michigan

Round 7, Pick 204: Joe Gaziano, DE, Northwestern

Draft Recap:

This is a draft I would be really stoked about. CeeDee Lamb is an elite WR and would really bring life to the receiving room with has RAC ability and size-speed combo. Fulton and Pride would be the pick that would go towards fixing our leaky cornerback stable, with the pass rushers from free agency giving them some leniency in their first year to make mistakes and learn from them without giving up too many big plays. Sandwiched in between these two is Eason, who is one of my favorite QB prospects. He has almost everything that can't be coached, and can be coached on what he doesn't have yet, which can happen while he sits behind Brisset for a year. Throckmorton will come in as a good reserve lineman with us not having to worry as much if any of our lineman go down. Fisher and Gaziano from Northwestern are both interesting players, with Paddy being a good, lanky LB with ball skills which Ballard covets and Gaziano being a dominant college player that only falls this low due to questions about his ability to translate to the league. With our sixth round picks, we grab some pass catchers, with Trautman having shown his ability to catch a ton of balls in college and Black being a former top ranked recruit who has been hurt but has potential still play rather well.

Overall, I feel as though this offseason would be one of the best possible scenario's for the Colts, and would really bring our trajectory back to an upward slope. We fix our pass rush and help our cornerback room on defense, while grabbing a WR1 and a new QB for the offense with some other pass catchers in the late rounds. What do you all think of this mock? Would you be as happy as I would if this happened?? Can't wait to see how everything turns out! GO COLTS!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Let me start out by saying that this isn't entirely realistic, and I highly doubt much of this happens. There is also the case that some of these players may get resigned or franchise tagged, but I wanted to put this out early so I won't be able to account for that as much, though I do leave off names of players that are likely to do so. I am also making this under the assumption that AC does end up retiring. Let's begin! 

Free Agency:

Colts Cap Space (Approx.):  ~$100M

Chris Jones, DT, 25

Contract: 5 years, $105M, $21M per year

Yannick Ngakoue, DE, 25

Contract: 3 years, $57M, $19M per year

Jack Conklin, OT, 26

Contract: 4 years, $64M, $16M per year

Joe Thuney, G, 27

Contract: 2 years, $18M, $9M per year

Add to this another few low tier signings, projected at $15M in total per year

Remaining Cap Space (Approx.): ~$20M

FA Recap:

What a free agency this would be. We want a pass rush, and now we have one. Bringing in both Ngakoue and Jones would seriously boost our D-line significantly, and give us a lot of star power up there. On the other side of the ball, we continue building the trenches, with Conklin sliding to LT, which he played throughout college, and Thuney moving to RG to take over for Glowinski. All four of these players are young and talented, and each would make a big impact immediately.

The Draft:

Round 1, Pick 13: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

Round 2, Pick 34: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Round 2, Pick 44: Jacob Eason, QB, Washington

Round 3, Pick 75: Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Round 4, Pick 112: Calvin Throckmorton, OT/G, Oregon

Round 5, Pick 142: Paddy Fisher, LB, Northwestern

Round 6, Pick 173: Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Round 6, Pick 188: Tarik Black, WR, Michigan

Round 7, Pick 204: Joe Gaziano, DE, Northwestern

Draft Recap:

This is a draft I would be really stoked about. CeeDee Lamb is an elite WR and would really bring life to the receiving room with has RAC ability and size-speed combo. Fulton and Pride would be the pick that would go towards fixing our leaky cornerback stable, with the pass rushers from free agency giving them some leniency in their first year to make mistakes and learn from them without giving up too many big plays. Sandwiched in between these two is Eason, who is one of my favorite QB prospects. He has almost everything that can't be coached, and can be coached on what he doesn't have yet, which can happen while he sits behind Brisset for a year. Throckmorton will come in as a good reserve lineman with us not having to worry as much if any of our lineman go down. Fisher and Gaziano from Northwestern are both interesting players, with Paddy being a good, lanky LB with ball skills which Ballard covets and Gaziano being a dominant college player that only falls this low due to questions about his ability to translate to the league. With our sixth round picks, we grab some pass catchers, with Trautman having shown his ability to catch a ton of balls in college and Black being a former top ranked recruit who has been hurt but has potential still play rather well.

Overall, I feel as though this offseason would be one of the best possible scenario's for the Colts, and would really bring our trajectory back to an upward slope. We fix our pass rush and help our cornerback room on defense, while grabbing a WR1 and a new QB for the offense with some other pass catchers in the late rounds. What do you all think of this mock? Would you be as happy as I would if this happened?? Can't wait to see how everything turns out! GO COLTS!!

Like u said it isn't entirely realistic, but, Wow, that would be an amazing offseason!

Obviously that would be a great result with those FA signings lol but drafting 2 CB's with 2 high picks, I dunno about that - maybe just 1 CB within the top 4 picks. Also I recall reading that Tarik Black has entered the transfer portal so assuming he wont be declaring for the draft this year?