Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Williams

On 1/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, ColtJax said:

I'd trade our #2 for him if he's healthy. He's a DOMINATE OT and would be a major upgrade. The Redskins at this point would most likely take the deal since there's some real bad blood on both sides.

Interesting idea, he'd have to pass a physical of course.

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It looks like since the redskins made changes he may stay there. Rivera was to sit down with him and talk. I don’t think he is going anywhere. We don’t even know yet if AC will retire.

Trent's issues weren't with Gruden. They were with the medical staff and the franchise as a whole. The toxic environment there is a product of Dan Snyder, so bringing in a new coach doesn't change anything. I don't see Trent suiting up for the Redskins ever again.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 10:59 AM, jameszeigler834 said:

I guess he is doing better since then.

Very possible-

However-

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/trent-williams-fails-physical-experiencing-discomfort-with-helmet/ar-AAJBEWq

Ron Rivera is Redskins coach now, Gruden and B. Allen gone, does he stay with them making that change? Or is the medical team still the issue?

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

It looks like since the redskins made changes he may stay there. Rivera was to sit down with him and talk. I don’t think he is going anywhere. We don’t even know yet if AC will retire.

We need depth at OT anyway. Even if AC stays, grabbing another starting level OT give you depth and options. It would allow Smith to move in possibly as well. All hypothetical, but if you can a good guy without breaking the bank ($ or draft capital), you definitely look at it.

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

We need depth at OT anyway. Even if AC stays, grabbing another starting level OT give you depth and options. It would allow Smith to move in possibly as well. All hypothetical, but if you can a good guy without breaking the bank ($ or draft capital), you definitely look at it.

He is a great tackle. He is going to want to start not sit on the bench.

25 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If AC retires I am all for it. Otherwise there is no point.

We have zero depth at OT with AC here, and we need to solve for that. Clark is not the answer. Our cross-position guys are more G than T. You take a guy like that, and he's healthy, you move Smith in and let TW man RT. That would give us the unquestioned best line in the NFL, and also if either T gets hurt, you can shift Smith back and you still have Glow and Haeg to choose from.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We have zero depth at OT with AC here, and we need to solve for that. Clark is not the answer. Our cross-position guys are more G than T. You take a guy like that, and he's healthy, you move Smith in and let TW man RT. That would give us the unquestioned best line in the NFL, and also if either T gets hurt, you can shift Smith back and you still have Glow and Haeg to choose from.

Ok I get where your coming from. I still think he stays though. With Allen gone maybe changes to the medical staff happens.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ok I get where your coming from. I still think he stays though. With Allen gone maybe changes to the medical staff happens.

If I were them, I'd definitely try to keep him. If he's set on leaving, and wouldn't break the bank though, would absolutely inquire.

• Like 1