Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I know that its next to impossible odds that we could or even would try to trade up to #1. But let's say that the Bengals really really love Trevor Lawrence; like he's their QB soulmate and would feel incomplete without him.

-So they are willing to shop the #1 pick. What is the limit that y'all would be willing to give up to get to #1?  Essentially, how much more to you  is JB2.0 worth than 1.0? 

Are you kidding me? Cincy isn't going to trade it's #1, they're all set to nab Burrow, a generation QB.  I'll believe it when I see it, but it's slim and none is what Cincy is going to say. Take Fromm and if he goes before Love, then take Love or Eason....

• Confused 1
21 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Are you kidding me? Cincy isn't going to trade it's #1, they're all set to nab Burrow, a generation QB.  I'll believe it when I see it, but it's slim and none is what Cincy is going to say. Take Fromm and if he goes before Love, then take Love or Eason....

Did you read the post or just the title? I made it clear that I have no expectation of a trade. Simply wanted to see people's opinions on it in the hypothetical situation that a trade was possible. Maybe hypotheticals are not your thing. That's fine. I'm sure the, 'are you kidding me?' outrage response might be good for a few likes. 

5 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

I know that its next to impossible odds that we could or even would try to trade up to #1. But let's say that the Bengals really really love Trevor Lawrence; like he's their QB soulmate and would feel incomplete without him.

-So they are willing to shop the #1 pick. What is the limit that y'all would be willing to give up to get to #1?  Essentially, how much more to you  is JB2.0 worth than 1.0? 

I'd give our first this year, our first next year, and both 2nds this year. With so much cap space, and a 3rd-7th rounder left this year (including two 6ths), I think it would be worth it to obtain a true franchise QB, and we'd only lose one future 1st round pick as well.

That's my offer to the Bengals for Burrow.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'd give our first this year, our first next year, and both 2nds this year. With so much cap space, and a 3rd-7th rounder left this year (including two 6ths), I think it would be worth it to obtain a true franchise QB, and we'd only lose one future 1st round pick as well.

That's my offer to the Bengals for Burrow.

I was thinking the same thing. I'd hate to give up more than one future 1rd pick.  I was playing around on draft simulator with trades and got #1 with that offer. Lol 

• Like 1

i would trade up as far as our first and two seconds would get us to take tua

been going back and forth on him, but now it think its worth it

#1 overall is out of reach imo, we dont have the ammo to get there

• Like 1
8 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

Pick 13 75

Hooker

Autry

Glowinski

Wilson

J Wilkins

Grover

Desir

And some famous guitar or document.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i would trade up as far as our first and two seconds would get us to take tua

been going back and forth on him, but now it think its worth it

#1 overall is out of reach imo, we dont have the ammo to get there

This. 

It would be much cheaper to grab Tua, if it would even require moving at all. I feel like he's gonna be the better pro after it's all said and done anyways. Would actually be willing to bet money on that. 

8 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Fromm is another Brissett.

7 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

This. 

It would be much cheaper to grab Tua, if it would even require moving at all. I feel like he's gonna be the better pro after it's all said and done anyways. Would actually be willing to bet money on that. 

Tua seems to be glass though.

4 minutes ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

Because he got injured once? By those standards, essentially everyone in the league is glass. He hadn't missed a single game due to injury prior to this year. 

Look it up both years he has been hurt at one point or another he had an Ankle that he had a surgery on last season in his first full year as starter then he had the other ankle for surgery this year then the Hip he is glass and I don't think he is that good anyway.

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Look it up both years he has been hurt at one point or another he had an Ankle that he had a surgery on last season in his first full year as starter then he had the other ankle for surgery this year then the Hip he is glass and I don't think he is that good anyway.

If 87 TD's to 11 INT's for 7,400 yards with a 190+ QB Rating is bad, I'd hate to see what good is. In the SEC, no less. QB's take hits, they get injured because they take the most violent hits (blindside).

He hadn't missed a game up until this season, and was actually even playing thru that (ankle) injury, which is ultimately what likely caused the hip injury. He's gonna be better than Burrow, and probably anyone that came out in 2019. I believe that so much, I'd wager a decent amount of money on it.

This is what I do man, I study this crap like it's my job, because in a way it is, I play DFS on DraftKings and several high $ fantasy leagues each year. I keep files and records on most players, have been studying this 2020 class since last offseason, these guys are gonna be game changers at the skill positions. 

• Like 2

Tua could be great, but his injury history is definitely a concern. So young and already repeatedly banged up and coming off major surgery.  I would not give up the ship for him. Burrow, yes, but that's a pipe dream. He's going to Cincy. 

10 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

As a spoiled colts fan I’m use to great qbs. I would do what ever it takes to get that #1 pick. Joe Burrow is the closest thing to manning as I seen since manning. Ballard can work without #1 picks. He can do that for the next few years. 
This years 1st and the next 3. Once in a generation player go big or go home!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If 87 TD's to 11 INT's for 7,400 yards with a 190+ QB Rating is bad, I'd hate to see what good is. In the SEC, no less. QB's take hits, they get injured because they take the most violent hits (blindside).

He hadn't missed a game up until this season, and was actually even playing thru that (ankle) injury, which is ultimately what likely caused the hip injury. He's gonna be better than Burrow, and probably anyone that came out in 2019. I believe that so much, I'd wager a decent amount of money on it.

This is what I do man, I study this crap like it's my job, because in a way it is, I play DFS on DraftKings and several high $ fantasy leagues each year. I keep files and records on most players, have been studying this 2020 class since last offseason, these guys are gonna be game changers at the skill positions. 

Got mad respect for you on the bolded. It's a hard way to make an easy living lol! :thmup: Daily fantasy football has become almost impossible tournament-wise to consistently make money. You have to grind your way up through the cash games.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Got mad respect for you on the bolded. It's a hard way to make an easy living lol! :thmup: Daily fantasy football has become almost impossible tournament-wise to consistently make money. You have to grind your way up through the cash games.

Dude, it's all about variance and having the right players and game stacked. It's tough, but you don't have to win to make money, generally in larger formats you win money thru the 4000's or so (out of 100-150 thousand). 

Like, say the Texans played the Chiefs (use an easy one for the example), you'd wanna stack players from both teams in this game (called a game stack) because of the strong likelihood that it's gonna be a shootout, which in turn produces tons of fantasy points. So, you'd stack Mahomes with Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce, while also having Will Fuller and DHop in as well to fully benefit from the high scoring of the game. It's fairly easy to find which games will be high scoring, Vegas releases the O/U early and they're generally spot on (they aren't in the business of losing money, right?)

Now, the problem with that is that everyone and their mother is gonna stack players from that game haha, which is where variance comes into play. You wanna play stacks and game stacks that others won't, so that you obviously place higher than they do, and avoid being in a 300 person tie, which splits the money up even further. There's a lot more to it than people realize. Which is why I study these guys inside and out, any advantage is a good one. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Thunderbolt said:

Hmmmm....don't b so sure.  They could trade out and grab the best player.  They would still b a dumpster fire and set the selves up for Lawrence next year.  They could easily b picking #1 again next year