Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedBlue4Shoe86

Ballard Team Building With JB or Draft

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I like Frank a lot, but he did have several head scratching game plans both last year and this year.

I have no doubt that with a better QB Frank will be in the upper echelon of coaches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Eteinne is the second best back in this years draft behind Taylor, runningbacks don't get drafted as high anymore. I believe only Josh Jacobs was picked in the top 50 last year. Dobbins, Swift, Akers, Dillion, are other top prospects this year. I just think Eteinne would be there at 44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

As much as I think he could of been better he didn’t have much to work with. Like someone mentioned he was good at hiding the warts first half of the season. Second half he couldn’t hide them anymore. That goes for both the QB play and the skilled offensive players we lacked. 

Nah, you can't excuse some of the game plans. Like Miami.... Against one of the worst rush Ds, he takes a back up QB who had no 1st team reps (that's in itself was dumb) during the week, and throws it all over the place. Super duper dumb. That's not hiding warts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Nah, you can't excuse some of the game plans. Like Miami.... Against one of the worst rush Ds, he takes a back up QB who   no 1st team reps (that's in itself was dumb) during the week, and throws it all over the place. Super duper dumb. That's not hiding warts. 

OH I agree on that one. What is worse is pulling the plug on Jacoby and not having a game plan for Hoyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I have no doubt that with a better QB Frank will be in the upper echelon of coaches 

I think so too. But he needs a QB that fits his system. Without a guy that can "quick hit", and hit the occasional downfield shot, he's going to look pretty mediocre. Still, like the example I gave Chloe (Miami), some things are mind bending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I think so too. But he needs a QB that fits his system. Without a guy that can "quick hit", and hit the occasional downfield shot, he's going to look pretty mediocre. Still, like the example I gave Chloe (Miami), some things are mind bending.

yeah any coach is gonna look bad with JB or any QB that isnt a fit for their scheme. I mean with a great QB in Luck he was a borderline COTY winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

OH I agree on that one. What is worse is pulling the plug on Jacoby and not having a game plan for Hoyer

Regardless of QB, we should have done the same vs Miami. Switching shouldn't have mattered, but it was silly bad Hoyer got no reps given the situation. He had a couple games where he did not attack the opponents weakness, and played right into their strengths. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...