Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard and Reich will be going over every game together

Restinpeacesweetchloe

6 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Thats what every team does in the offseason. its called preparation. But they will see(maybe not) that Brisette at BEST is a backup. field vision, holds the ball too long and looks lost a lot. It time to look at a Skilled QB in the draft or free agency

Colts have a qb problem.  Dalton, newton, rivers  aren't  the answer either. Carr while better  than Brissett  is also probably  now the answer. Foles and rosen are not the answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Colts have a qb problem.  Dalton, newton, rivers  aren't  the answer either. Carr while better  than Brissett  is also probably  now the answer. Foles and rosen are not the answer. 

The Colts have several problems but no question QB is one of them probably the biggest.  I also agree non of the guys you listed are true long term answers.  There is one way to get that.  The draft.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I disagree.  I think 5 of those 6 are better than Brissett (don't know about Rosen).   So they could be short term answers.    We need a long term and a short term answer.   I don't want another year wasted with Brissett ball.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I get a strong feeling that unless a top 10 QB falls to we go OT or DT in this spot 

I share your sentiment. But IMO no way will Ballard & Co.  draft a QB. I don't see real talents neither... Tua is injury-prone (and won't enter the draft), Joe Barrow had a great game on Thursday, but NFL is an other cup of tea...

13 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree.  I think 5 of those 6 are better than Brissett (don't know about Rosen).   So they could be short term answers.    We need a long term and a short term answer.   I don't want another year wasted with Brissett ball.  

Rivers is the opposite  of Brissett.  He will throw it deep, but chokes in big games. I question Newton's  field vision and leadership ability. Dalton  chokes in big games. Foles is not a franchise  caliber  qb which  is why he has been on so many teams. His passing ability  is limited to gimmicks.  Haven't  analyzed  carr enough  to know his issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Rivers is the opposite  of Brissett.  He will throw it deep, but chokes in big games. I question Newton's  field vision and leadership ability. Dalton  chokes in big games. Foles us not a franchise  caliber  qb which  is why he has been on so many teams. His passing ability  is limited to gimmicks.  Haven't  analyzed  carr enough  to know his issue.

All true, but all better than JB still.  We could use a bridge because I don't think a QB we draft will start next season.   I fear it will be JB and the season is wasted.

6 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I get a strong feeling that unless a top 10 QB falls to we go OT or DT in this spot 

Ballard said before last year's draft that he was aware this coming draft is stacked at WR, too.  I won't be shocked if we went WR or DB, either.

However, with rumors circulating that AC is considering retirement, LT may become our #1 concern.  Fortunately, this draft is pretty stacked with OL.

Personally, after Burrows, I don't consider any of the QBs in this draft to be sure fire franchise QBs and think we'd be reaching on pretty much all of them at 13.  Fromm or Love, IMO, may develop and could be worth the 34th or 44th pick (if they fell that far), but are in no way worth reaching for at 13.  Prior to Tua's hip, I thought he would not pan out in the NFL (very few 'Bama QBs do, plus Tua is 6'1" and IMO relies onhis legs too much).  I think he'll return to NCAA next year based on reports, but regardless, he's got braces on both his knees and coming off the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career - I don't think he's gonna be anything too special on Sunday.

It'll be interesting to see what Ballard and Reich decide to do this offseason.  IMO, there are no long term answers at QB in FA and drafting one from this class is pretty risky considering we have gaping holes across the board.  We certainly need to address WR and TE on offense.  If Castanzo hangs them up, we certainly need to address OT (I think we need to address Glowinski on OL as well).  Frankly, if we don't get those areas addressed it won't really matter who our QB is as very few QBs are going to thrive with the talent on this offense (especially if we lose someone like TY to injury again).  We also have glaring holes in the secondary and the DL.  

Again, as I have said in previous threads, I don't think Jacoby is the long-term answer at QB.  Having said that, we still had a very legitimate shot to win the AFC South last year up until week 15.  We got the injury bug worse than any other team in the south.  We lost at least 3 games due to poor kicking.  If we address those other needs and stay healthy, I think Jacoby can lead us to the AFC South title next year without a doubt (I wouldn't expect us to go to NE, Baltimore, KC and win big playoff games per se, but we can at least get to the dance).  

May not be the popular opinion, but with what looks to be available at QB this offseason and with all the other needs this team has, as of right now, I'd rather just accept Jacoby coming back for one more year (with the FO giving Kelly a fair shot to take his spot in camp) and fill needs at other positions and address the long term QB situation in 2021.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

Ballard said before last year's draft that he was aware this coming draft is stacked at WR, too.  I won't be shocked if we went WR or DB, either.

However, with rumors circulating that AC is considering retirement, LT may become our #1 concern.  Fortunately, this draft is pretty stacked with OL.

Personally, after Burrows, I don't consider any of the QBs in this draft to be sure fire franchise QBs and think we'd be reaching on pretty much all of them at 13.  Fromm or Love, IMO, may develop and could be worth the 34th or 44th pick (if they fell that far), but are in no way worth reaching for at 13.  Prior to Tua's hip, I thought he would not pan out in the NFL (very few 'Bama QBs do, plus Tua is 6'1" and IMO relies onhis legs too much).  I think he'll return to NCAA next year based on reports, but regardless, he's got braces on both his knees and coming off the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career - I don't think he's gonna be anything too special on Sunday.

It'll be interesting to see what Ballard and Reich decide to do this offseason.  IMO, there are no long term answers at QB in FA and drafting one from this class is pretty risky considering we have gaping holes across the board.  We certainly need to address WR and TE on offense.  If Castanzo hangs them up, we certainly need to address OT (I think we need to address Glowinski on OL as well).  Frankly, if we don't get those areas addressed it won't really matter who our QB is as very few QBs are going to thrive with the talent on this offense (especially if we lose someone like TY to injury again).  We also have glaring holes in the secondary and the DL.  

Again, as I have said in previous threads, I don't think Jacoby is the long-term answer at QB.  Having said that, we still had a very legitimate shot to win the AFC South last year up until week 15.  We got the injury bug worse than any other team in the south.  We lost at least 3 games due to poor kicking.  If we address those other needs and stay healthy, I think Jacoby can lead us to the AFC South title next year without a doubt (I wouldn't expect us to go to NE, Baltimore, KC and win big playoff games per se, but we can at least get to the dance).  

May not be the popular opinion, but with what looks to be available at QB this offseason and with all the other needs this team has, as of right now, I'd rather just accept Jacoby coming back for one more year (with the FO giving Kelly a fair shot to take his spot in camp) and fill needs at other positions and address the long term QB situation in 2021.

Not me.   I always want my team to do better than .500.

1 hour ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I share your sentiment. But IMO no way will Ballard & Co.  draft a QB. I don't see real talents neither... Tua is injury-prone (and won't enter the draft), Joe Barrow had a great game on Thursday, but NFL is an other cup of tea...

So, teams should not draft college players because the NFL is different?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Would rather see eason than foles. Only thing foles would do is get us to 8-8 at best. Carr or prescott would be the only two qbs I'd consider 

Sometimes, I do not get the hate Dak Prescott gets, probably because of him being on the Cowboys. That dude can make plays, can extend it with his legs, play second fiddle to a running game and stretch the field just fine.

Derek Carr can do a bit with his legs too but he is not as strong as Dak, who is like a Donovan McNabb, to let tackles bounce off and keep things alive. Carr does have Dak on accuracy though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Maybe they will bring in Eli Manning. Stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts have several problems but no question QB is one of them probably the biggest.  I also agree non of the guys you listed are true long term answers.  There is one way to get that.  The draft.  

If the Colts blow the 13 pick by reaching for a quarterback, they will be doing it again in two years, plus we blow a chance to improve our defensive line or receiving corps. If we can't get Burrow, then we should find a bridge to a stronger year for quarterbacks.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Sometimes, I do not get the hate Dak Prescott gets, probably because of him being on the Cowboys. That dude can make plays, can extend it with his legs, play second fiddle to a running game and stretch the field just fine.

Derek Carr can do a bit with his legs too but he is not as strong as Dak, who is like a Donovan McNabb, to let tackles bounce off and keep things alive. Carr does have Dak on accuracy though. 

When it comes to Dak, I am not sold on him. He has perhaps the best RB in the league (Elliott), a top 10 WR in the league (Cooper), a hall of fame TE (Witten), and a good O.Line but yet managed to only finish 8-8. I know Jason Garrett is a caddy/sucks lmao but still he has way more weapons than JB does. Their pass rush is even good at times on D.

47 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I'd rather just accept Jacoby coming back for one more year (with the FO giving Kelly a fair shot to take his spot in camp) and fill needs at other positions and address the long term QB situation in 2021.

Agreed, it's the best option and it's extremely likely the direction they'll go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

If the Colts blow the 13 pick by reaching for a quarterback, they will be doing it again in two years, plus we blow a chance to improve our defensive line or receiving corps. If we can't get Burrow, then we should find a bridge to a stronger year for quarterbacks.

I am not saying they have to take a QB at 13.  I wouldn’t rule it but I was just simply saying the only place you are going to find something beyond a bridge QB is the draft.  

Honestly If AC walks away I think they will use the 13th pick on a LT.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When it comes to Dak, I am not sold on him. He has perhaps the best RB in the league (Elliott), a top 10 WR in the league (Cooper), a hall of fame TE (Witten), and a good O.Line but yet managed to only finish 8-8. I know Jason Garrett is a caddy/sucks lmao but still he has way more weapons than JB does. Their pass rush is even good at times on D.

I think they lead the league on offense.

49 minutes ago, Myles said:

Not me.   I always want my team to do better than .500.

I could be wrong, but if Vinny makes kicks in 3 games we'd be a 10-6 team (maybe 9-6-1 just based on points alone) and we'd be in the playoffs next week, even with a slew of injuries and things that didn't go our way (injuries on both sides of the ball, with special emphasis on our WRs and TEs).  

There are a few QBs in the NFL who I think we could've sustained what we did this past season and won more than 10 games -- Brees, Brady, and Rodgers (maybe Wilson, maybe Mahommes, maybe Lamar Jackson).  Personally, I don't think a guy like Dalton, Foles, Carr, etc. would've had us in much (if any) better postion than what Jacoby was able to put us in with the weapons he had available to him and with literally 3 games being L's simply due to our K not making gimme FGs and XPs (arguably up to 6 games were very heavily influenced by our poor field goal/extra point unit).

If we don't address the WR and TE position (and likely the OL, especially if AC retires), it's not going to really matter if we replace a middle of the pack QB (Brissett) with another middle of the pack QB (Foles, Dalton, Carr, Eli, etc.) or by reaching on a rookie after Burrows in this draft and expecting him to be the saving grace from day 1.

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Poor play calling.  If daj had that season with the colts we'd be the top seed

I don't think he would've had the season he had this year had he played for us. Too many WR injuries and I like Mack but he isn't Zeke. Our defense has been real bad at times too and so has our kicking game. Going into the season JB was probably thinking if I can at least keep games within 1 score we will win most of them because I have the best FG of all-time, WRONG.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think he would've had the season he had this year had he played for us. Too many WR injuries and I like Mack but he isn't Zeke. Our defense has been real bad at times too and so has our kicking game. Going into the season JB was probably thinking if I can at least keep games within 1 score we will win most of them because I have the best FG of all-time, WRONG.

Actually  I am correct.  With better  qb play the games would not have been close and we would have won without  Adam  vinatieri 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Tua will enter the draft.  He's not going to get much, if any, better than he is, and someone will take him in the top 15, unless his medical is completely hopeless.  He likely wouldn't be the first QB taken next yr regardless of any performance by him, Lawrence will be ahead of him at the very least.... Hell, he could be the second guy taken this yr. At QB.

• Like 1