Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McDaniels (again)

TrueBlue12

If you look at it objectively, his doubts about Luck received affirmation when Luck walked away from the game. The Browns will probably send a couple of Shylocks to his home to get their pound of flesh if he backs out, and that would be even after getting him to sign the contract with his blood. Too much??? :)  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

If you look at it objectively, his doubts about Luck received affirmation when Luck walked away from the game. The Browns will probably send a couple of Shylocks to his home to get their pound of flesh if he backs out, and that would be even after getting him to sign the contract with his blood. Too much??? :)  

Sadly, you are right 

And also...

Doug Marrone is back, for 2020

What a difference 72 hours makes.

Three days after ESPN reported that the Jaguars had informed coach Doug Marrone that he will be fired after Sunday’s regular-season finale against the Colts, the Jaguars have announced that Marrone will return for 2020.

The Jaguars also have announced that G.M. Dave Caldwell will return for another year...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/doug-marrone-is-back-for-2020/

On 12/30/2019 at 2:22 PM, chad72 said:

If you look at it objectively, his doubts about Luck received affirmation when Luck walked away from the game.

If you look at it objectively, McDaniels is a ... :censored:

lmao

Seriously though, curious about your feelings as it relates to the above statement. Would you say that McDaniels was smart in backing out because of what happened with Luck? It was stated (I’m paraphrasing) that Reich stood out because he was the only one who did not ask specific questions about Luck (as in, his priority was the team as a whole and not just one player).

Would you say that McDaniels dodged a bullet that Reich caught (and McDaniels is looking now at Reich saying: “Succkkaa!”) - so therefore we (Colts fans) shouldn’t hate him and wish everyday for his ultimate demise (as I do haha)... Or do you think it is actually better to have a coach who came in with a “whole team approach” as opposed to first worrying about the QB? So McDaniels stinks and is a horrible person (as I think haha )

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

If you look at it objectively, McDaniels is a ... :censored:

lmao

Seriously though, curious about your feelings as it relates to the above statement. Would you say that McDaniels was smart in backing out because of what happened with Luck? It was stated (I’m paraphrasing) that Reich stood out because he was the only one who did not ask specific questions about Luck (as in, his priority was the team as a whole and not just one player).

Would you say that McDaniels dodged a bullet that Reich caught (and McDaniels is looking now at Reich saying: “Succkkaa!”) - so therefore we (Colts fans) shouldn’t hate him and wish everyday for his ultimate demise (as I do haha)... Or do you think it is actually better to have a coach who came in with a “whole team approach” as opposed to first worrying about the QB? So McDaniels stinks and is a horrible person (as I think haha )

McDaniels did not feel like he had certainty about Luck at the QB position and did not want to leave his cushy comfort zone of having Brady and Belichick, so he weaseled out of his commitment. I still despise him for the way he did things but do not totally disagree with why he did what he did, and Luck was just one of the factors.

Ballard has had what 3 years of dealing with a lame duck coach, a new HC hire backing out, and then his franchise QB retiring, couldn't have asked for a more tumultous 3 years but he is not making excuses for those. McDaniels, I felt like, was using Luck as more of a cop out, and even he could not have predicted Luck's retirement, though he may be thinking he dodged a bad situation, bad only because he wouldn't have been able to handle it, IMO.

That is why I am glad Reich is our HC. Anyone can board a ship when it is cruising, but not everyone sticks with a ship that has issues to meander around and I think Reich and Ballard are the right type of characters to be able to do so.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think keeping Marone in Jax was the right decision.  The issue down there was clearly Coughlin.

Wow what are the browns thinking. No wonder that is a bad organization.

I still don't know how Caldwell kept his job with the Jaguars after doling out contracts to both Bortles and Foles. Shahid Khan is probably second guessing his decision after seeing John Dorsey in the open market.

49 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I think keeping Marone in Jax was the right decision.  The issue down there was clearly Coughlin.

Wow what are the browns thinking. No wonder that is a bad organization.

Haslam?

Giving Micky D complete control?

Does that even sound believable?

I mean, yeah, they can agree to it, but will Haslam really act in that manner?

I always thought his intervention was a big part of the problem.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:22 AM, chad72 said:

McDaniels had doubts about Luck?    Really?

I must not have been paying close attention.    I don't know what type of affirmation he received?    Luck enjoyed his best season in 2018.     What happened in 2019 McDaniels had no way of knowing....   Nothing more than a lucky guess --- no pun intended.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:16 AM, TrueBlue12 said:

The Browns, Panthers and Giants have all asked the Patriots permission to interview Josh McDaniels for their HC jobs, according to ESPN. Yikes! Not again!

Not again?

McDaniels is always going to be on the short list of HC candidates.    He's a talented OC.   Always has been.    He's the likely replacement for Belichick when he retires.    Any team would want a chance to talk with him, and maybe even hire him.

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

McDaniels had doubts about Luck?    Really?

I must not have been paying close attention.    I don't know what type of affirmation he received?    Luck enjoyed his best season in 2018.     What happened in 2019 McDaniels had no way of knowing....   Nothing more than a lucky guess --- no pun intended.

Yep, he did ask about Luck's health, just like everyone interviewed, that was what was said, since Luck was coming off an injury. Not sure if it is the same as having "doubts" about Luck's health. 

Reich was the only one who did not ask about Luck, it was reported. 

• Thanks 1