Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ty Upset After Lose to Jags

Shadow_Creek

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

You could be right, but the Jags figured out they didn't have to worry about the pass offense, so they sold out on run defense in the second half. 

As for an earlier draft pick - I'm not sure that's going to help us.  There may be as many as six teams who are QB needy drafting before us.  You know Ballard isn't going to take the 5th, 6th, or worse QB on his board to fill a need.  He'll go BPA, or trade the pick.

I think the only way we draft a QB is if we can move up at least six slots.  And that ain't happening IMHO.

Personally, I think the best passing QB in the draft will be available in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd round.  So, I think the Colts can take a DT in the first and then take the QB in the 2nd.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I think the best passing QB in the draft will be available in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd round.  So, I think the Colts can take a DT in the first and then take the QB in the 2nd.

Definitely need a DT, or two.  I'm hoping CB is finally active in free agency too, but that may be another pipe dream.

Who did you have in mind for QB?  Tua?  I'll surprised if he makes it past the late 20s in the first round. 

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Whom might that be,  Herbert?

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

As for an earlier draft pick - I'm not sure that's going to help us.  There may be as many as six teams who are QB needy drafting before us.  You know Ballard isn't going to take the 5th, 6th, or worse QB on his board to fill a need.  He'll go BPA, or trade the pick.

If CB were to pick an inferior QB left on the board with our first pick because we have to have a change, I would be furious. He won’t do that either imho. He either identifies his guy and if he thinks he has to move up to get him, that’s what he does. If he stays at 13 then we go with BPA as you indicated. 

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I think the Colts' coaches through the game against Jax because, as @Rackeen305 suggested, a win would have put the Colts in that 17-20 draft order a loss get them with a top 15 pick and 3 picks in the top 50.

That is the only way I can explain only running the ball 4 times in the 2nd half against the worst run defense in the league and a run defense the Colts had 113 yards in the 1st half against.

Sadly, we have abandoned the strength against weaknesses while playing teams when we were in contention that didn’t make sense so I’m not sure we ranked on purpose after the half but it’s possible. I really do think the team wanted to salvage a .500 season over a better draft pick. 

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

There will be a thread, but about locker room continuity... AC is mulling retirement. 

It also could be a tactic that AC has taken to entice the colts to cave into bigger money to keep him playing. Idk if CB was playing poker and AC is holding pocket aces, CB is either gonna have to fold and pay or call him and see. 

30 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think this defense really has to have a dominate DT to have any success here. I’ve posted elsewhere but I honestly believe that QB and DT are priorities 1A and 1B. Very little amount of separation in importance.  Now if AC does retire, crap, now you have 3 equally pressing priorities 

25 minutes ago, Myles said:

Why?   Even though it is in jest, there is some truth to it.   Jb hasn't been good with the deep throws.  

Accuracy and range are two very different measurable. Do you not remember when they brought in brissett for luck so he could throw that 60 air yards pass?

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Definitely need a DT, or two.  I'm hoping CB is finally active in free agency too, but that may be another pipe dream.

Who did you have in mind for QB?  Tua?  I'll surprised if he makes it past the late 20s in the first round. 

Not Tua.  I'm not a fan of his, he will be pumped up big time before the draft and he will get drafted higher than he should but, hopefully, not by the Colts.

No, IMO, Anthony Gordon from Washington State is the 2nd best QB in the draft behind Burrow and the best pure passer... his pocket awareness is top notch, can make all the throws, shows good accuracy on deep balls, top notch mechanics and throwing motion, has shown to have excellent touch and anticipation.  The one downside is he does not offer much of anything as a runner, his friends actually call him a klutz... he can move around in the pocket great but if he tries to run or scramble for a first down, he's as likely to trip over his own feet and make a big gain.

Right now he is being project as a 3rd round or later but I think after the post season and combine he will move up on enough boards to warrant a 2nd round selection.

• Like 1

As NCF said, that loonnnggg off season begins..... 

He was asked the question, he gave two short answers.  What did you want him to say?  They threw the ball to me too much?  It's not as if he called a press conference or held court like TO or AB.  Frustration at end of season is a good thing.  Now they move on to fix things. 

9 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

Of course he's frustrated. He knows how good this team and offense could have been with competent play at QB. I hope TY is a Colts for life. He is my favorite player on the team right now. TY TY TY!!

TY's injuries are my only concern at all with guy. I still think when healthy is the most underrated WR in the NFL and his talents will only continue to be wasted if Brissett has reached his peak.

Ty is frustrated, I would be too. This shows what some on here were wondering these past 2 months, and that is how much does the team really believe in Brissett. The inability of Brissett to execute simple plays is alarming. His second half against the Jags yesterday was pitiful. He simply does not know where to throw the ball when he takes the snap. He stands there confused and bewildered starts to run around some, gets tackled and either fumble or we punt. And I will say also pathetic offense affects the defense very negatively, they just don't play as hard, plus since they are always out on the field because of numerous 3 and outs they do get worn down

• Like 2

All I have to say is this regarding TYs unhappiness:

1) TY has been injured almost half the season if not half.

2) He had a pay day and ever since then, hasn't played hungry (top notch level).

3) Who did Andre Johnson have as a QB? He only lead the league back to back seasons in yds. Which hadn't been done since Jerry Rice, and his Qb was who? Oline was whom? Rb was who, Marlon Mack? (for those Mack haters)

4) Jags game had absolutely nothing to do with TY. 

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

All I have to say is this regarding TYs unhappiness:

1) TY has been injured almost half the season if not half.

2) He had a pay day and ever since then, hasn't played hungry (top notch level).

3) Who did Andre Johnson have as a QB? He only lead the league back to back seasons in yds. Which hadn't been done since Jerry Rice, and his Qb was who? Oline was whom? Rb was who, Marlon Mack? (for those Mack haters)

4) Jags game had absolutely nothing to do with TY. 

1.  He missed six games.  Before that he had missed four in his career.  Injuries have not been a problem for TY.

2.  Did you miss last season?

3.  I don’t see what Andre Johnson has to do with TY.  Andre Johnson is a Hall of Fame player.  Very few have been like him.

4.  Ok?

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

1.  He missed six games.  Before that he had missed four in his career.  Injuries have not been a problem for TY.

2.  Did you miss last season?

3.  I don’t see what Andre Johnson has to do with TY.  Andre Johnson is a Hall of Fame player.  Very few have been like him.

4.  Ok?

I said what I said. I dont need to elaborate. But just for you. The reason why I brought up Andre Johnson was because 1) he had the worst Oline maybe in NFL history protecting, 2) QBs that didnt last or pan out in the league and 3) Andre still managed to lead the league in yards back to back seasons. So why is TY complaining? He doesn't have a great QB throwing the ball to him anymore? Larry Fitz didnt have a great QB until Kurt came along for a year or so, and Larry Fitz is yet still a HOF WR. So once again, Why is TY complaining?

-Thanks

20 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Accuracy and range are two very different measurable. Do you not remember when they brought in brissett for luck so he could throw that 60 air yards pass?

he does have a strong arm but that was a hail mary and incomplete 

luck had less arm strength but much better touch and anticipation. 

3 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

I said what I said. I dont need to elaborate. But just for you. The reason why I brought up Andre Johnson was because 1) he had the worst Oline maybe in NFL history protecting, 2) QBs that didnt last or pan out in the league and 3) Andre still managed to lead the league in yards back to back seasons. So why is TY complaining? He doesn't have a great QB throwing the ball to him anymore? Larry Fitz didnt have a great QB until Kurt came along for a year or so, and Larry Fitz is yet still a HOF WR. So once again, Why is TY complaining?

-Thanks

i think TYs complaints go beyond Jacoby but that is part of it.  

1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

-Thanks

Andre Johnson at least had a QB who could throw the ball down the field and give him a chance.  TY caught just about everything that went his way this year outside of the Texans game.  So I am not sure what else he could have done.  The fact this was the worst year of his career anyway you breakdown the numbers and he’s well below his averages for catches per game, passes thrown to him per game, yards per games, and TDS per game suggests the problem is beyond Hilton.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aaron11 said:

he does have a strong arm but that was a hail mary and incomplete 

luck had less arm strength but much better touch and anticipation. 

I know this,  but the post suggested that he did not. The pass was actually spot on,  but there were 3 defenders that batted it down.