Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow_Creek

Ty Upset After Lose to Jags

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I think I see the problem. TY was running routes that were more than five yards downfield, putting him out of range of Brissett's arm. 

Of course he's frustrated. He knows how good this team and offense could have been with competent play at QB. I hope TY is a Colts for life. He is my favorite player on the team right now. TY TY TY!!

This shouldn't come as a surprise. Guy's won't be able to earn contracts with JB launching the ball over their head or at their feet. Ebron was like "meh" at this situation, for a reason, despite the bad look.

I'm going to run out of gas to post about this before long, but after sleeping on it, JB can't be the guy, he's simply not nearly good enough at throwing the ball. I'm just a guy watching, but in all of my time playing youth sports, I was told DONT PULL YOUR HEAD WHILE THROWING- JB only does that constantly and misses badly.

I think he should be.  He worked his behind off to get back out there and play and for that?  To me this is leadership because he’s saying the Colts effort yesterday was unacceptable and he’s right.

Perhaps if the guys on the team who matter speak to coach and to CB enough, the JB experiment will be done. I honestly believe they will have a new QB come start of the 2020 season anyways, they will just keep the position top secret. May in fact be why JB kept the starting spot at the last two games, in order to conceal to others their true intentions. Keep saying and acting as though JB is their guy and then at first chance for an upgrade, either FA or draft, they pull that trigger. 

JB May in fact stay on as a back up guy, idk,  but he in no way can be the given starter. When is JB’s bonus money due? Will it be before or after the draft? Will it be before or after the FA period starts? 

And just like that, the locker room begins to crumble.

He isn't wrong. This team doesn't believe in Brissett

3 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

i wouldnt go that far. That usually happens when finger pointing comes out. saying you wished youd gotten targeted more isn't that. But it does let the team know that some things for sure need to be looked at deeper at QB.

This part of the article is very telling.  

Except they never materialized this season, the crowning disappointment for a Brissett-led passing game that produced far too few chunk plays down the field. After a three-catch, 72-yard performance Sunday that hinted at what Hilton should be, the veteran receiver finishes this season with 45 catches and 501 yards this season.

An average of 11.1 yards per catch. The worst of his career, by far, trailing his second season in the NFL, when he averaged 13.2 yards and caught six passes of 40 yards or more. Far, far behind the 16-plus yards per catch he’s averaged most of his career.

“You see it, every time I touch the ball, I make plays,” Hilton said.

This season, Hilton’s longest grab was 35 yards. An unacceptable use of one of the NFL’s best big-play receivers.

8 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Perhaps if the guys on the team who matter speak to coach and to CB enough, the JB experiment will be done. I honestly believe they will have a new QB come start of the 2020 season anyways, they will just keep the position top secret. May in fact be why JB kept the starting spot at the last two games, in order to conceal to others their true intentions. Keep saying and acting as though JB is their guy and then at first chance for an upgrade, either FA or draft, they pull that trigger. 

JB May in fact stay on as a back up guy, idk,  but he in no way can be the given starter. When is JB’s bonus money due? Will it be before or after the draft? Will it be before or after the FA period starts? 

agreed. besides, if I remember right, it was only a 2 year extension and was heavily front loaded. We can get out of it and have the cash to spare. My guess, we'll hold him thru Training Camp at the very least , regardless of what happens in the offseason

6 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Lol.... You got locker room crumbling from that?  I'd bet just about everything I own this doesn't leaf to a locker room revolt.... There is only one player who may be that type in there.... Any others are so inconsequential that their voice wouldn't carry far.

The best thing that could have happened to the Colts wasn't a Win against the Jags, It was to come away from the game as healthy as possible, and to LOSE the game. Now we are 7-9. Better to have a top 12 pick than a top 16-20 pick. 

Plus we have two picks in the second. Chris Ballard is looking more genius for trading our 1st last year to get WASHINGTON's second included this year.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

agreed. besides, if I remember right, it was only a 2 year extension and was heavily front loaded. We can get out of it and have the cash to spare. My guess, we'll hold him thru Training Camp at the very least , regardless of what happens in the offseason

Agree that he will likely be here through at least TC but he has some bonus money that’s due at some point and I can’t recall when those dates are. 

I also think the "crumbling"  is overblown.   

However, Hilton won't be happy with seasons like this.  He had his best season at catch%, but easily worst season at every other statistical category.   That yards per catch is the most telling. 

image.png.2f86f0dfd80bda9f48dbe3f9d8015e74.png

6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Agree that he will likely be here through at least TC but he has some bonus money that’s due at some point and I can’t recall when those dates are. 

pretty sure they're the standard league dates, so mid march and then June/July

8 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

The best thing that could have happened to the Colts wasn't a Win against the Jags, It was to come away from the game as healthy as possible, and to LOSE the game. Now we are 7-9. Better to have a top 12 pick than a top 16-20 pick. 

Plus we have two picks in the second. Chris Ballard is looking more genius for trading our 1st last year to get WASHINGTON's second included this year.

we don't have a top 12 pick.  We pick at 13...

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Locker room crumbling? Lol you guys really like to exaggerate. 

Hm, I seem to remember you saying some pretty disparaging things about the players/locker room at one point this season.

21 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

This team doesn't believe in Brissett

This is such a huge point and maybe that's the biggest difference generally between the Luck led teams and JB's. Bad rosters around Luck played like their belief  was immeasurable. This squad looks like a car that doesn't run right and it's burned players out despite the talent level being much better in spots. 

25 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Come on bro. You do this all the time. I go based on what I'm familiar with. Based on my Football knowledge, I guesstimate that we would pick at 12. You corrected me by doing a google search and we in fact pick 13. Was it worth googling? smh.

So your correction supports my statement that Now we are 7-9. Better to have a top 12 pick than a top 16-20 pick. So I was off by 1 pick, does that hurt or supports my overall general point? I made it my point not to google where the Colts are picking.

I don't mean to do this but I have to. If Adam Vinny were to make all the extra points that he was supposed to make, the Colts would be in the Playoffs this year. I was off by one pick, and the Colts lead the league in missed extra points! Google that one.

Where would this forum be without search engines? No one would know anything about football.

36 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

But we’ve been made to believe, Jacoby was solid in the locker room? 

When did they stop believing in Brissett? 

Week 17 or earlier? 

Was it before Ebron shut it down? 

23 minutes ago, csmopar said:

If it’s March that a bonus is due, the team is either going to have to pay him and just eat it to hide their intentions or cut bait and expose likelihood of drafting a new guy. I will have to go search for the article that explained his payment structures for his 2 yr contract. 

2 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

If it’s March that a bonus is due, the team is either going to have to pay him and just eat it to hide their intentions or cut bait and expose likelihood of drafting a new guy. I will have to go search for the article that explained his payment structures for his 2 yr contract. 

I believe he already got the bonus, but they can save 9M towards the CAP, if they cut him before 1 June. 

I could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, MPStack said:

He's very popular in the locker room.   He brings snacks.  :pie:

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

When did they stop believing in Brissett? 

Week 17 or earlier? 

Was it before Ebron shut it down? 

I don’t think there is any rift in the locker room over JB. I think it’s totally possible to be content with getting the season over with and being fine in the locker room at the same time. I feel like the guys believed in JB up until a point in the season when he showed on film what he is. I do believe that EE was the first to kinda pull away from the belief that JB wasn’t the guy and was costing him a chance for a new big contract somewhere. That’s not a revolt though. With TY stating his point of view for getting more touches, I also don’t think that’s a slam to JB, it’s just a fact for him, he wants more looks. TY has shown disappointment with his season on multiple occasions this year so nothing new there. A star of the team putting up 500 yards is pretty ugly. 

40 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I'm quite sure this is been going on for some time in the locker room

I think the attitude is disappointment and frustration more than anger. Like most heroic figures, JB has flaws, but unlike a hero, he can't overcome them.

1 minute ago, Myles said:

He's very popular in the locker room.   He brings snacks.  :pie:

If the wheels fell off in the locker room quite sometime ago, you have to look at the FO and the coaches. 

10 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Come on bro. You do this all the time. I go based on what I'm familiar with. Based on my Football knowledge, I guesstimate that we would pick at 12. You corrected me by doing a google search and we in fact pick 13. Was it worth googling? smh.

So your correction supports my statement that Now we are 7-9. Better to have a top 12 pick than a top 16-20 pick. So I was off by 1 pick, does that hurt or supports my overall general point? I made it my point not to google where the Colts are picking.

I don't mean to do this but I have to. If Adam Vinny were to make all the extra points that he was supposed to make, the Colts would be in the Playoffs this year. I was off by one pick, and the Colts lead the league in missed extra points! Google that one.

Where would this forum be without search engines? No one would know anything about football.

No, i didn't google it, I paid attention in the post game show when it was announced. Oh, and the multiple threads on here that link it. 

Personally, I think the Colts' coaches through the game against Jax because, as @Rackeen305 suggested, a win would have put the Colts in that 17-20 draft order a loss get them with a top 15 pick and 3 picks in the top 50.

That is the only way I can explain only running the ball 4 times in the 2nd half against the worst run defense in the league and a run defense the Colts had 113 yards in the 1st half against.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

No, i didn't google it, I paid attention in the post game show when it was announced. Oh, and the multiple threads on here that link it. 

smh. ok. THE COLTS PICK 13 Not 12. there you go. Better to be 13 and not 20 huh?

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I think the Colts' coaches through the game against Jax because, as @Rackeen305 suggested, a win would have put the Colts in that 17-20 draft order a loss get them with a top 15 pick and 3 picks in the top 50.

That is the only way I can explain only running the ball 4 times in the 2nd half against the worst run defense in the league and a run defense the Colts had 113 yards in the 1st half against.

Yeah that was weird when we ran for over 100 yards in the first half. They couldn’t stop Mack or Hines.  I hope Reich isn’t that bad of a coach.

2 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

smh. ok. THE COLTS PICK 13 Not 12. there you go. Better to be 13 and not 20 huh?

Now it’s to early to draft a QB at 13. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

He has $7M fully guaranteed, a 2020 $6M salary, and $2M of bonuses for being active. And a $12.5 dead Cap hit.
 His bonus looks to be due on the 3rd day after the league year begins and that is when Free Agency starts on March 18 at 4:00 P.M.

35 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

They let Jacoby be Jacoby and selling a change to the players got a little easier also.

1 hour ago, coltsfanej said:

Of course he's frustrated. He knows how good this team and offense could have been with competent play at QB. I hope TY is a Colts for life. He is my favorite player on the team right now. TY TY TY!!

Hilton will love Herbert then. Fingers crossed

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hm, I seem to remember you saying some pretty disparaging things about the players/locker room at one point this season.

well duh she can overreact every week but no one else is allowed to or they are foolish lmao

2 hours ago, Jdubu said:

His 2020 $7M roster bonus became gtd in September...so they owe it anyways.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

You could be right, but the Jags figured out they didn't have to worry about the pass offense, so they sold out on run defense in the second half. 

As for an earlier draft pick - I'm not sure that's going to help us.  There may be as many as six teams who are QB needy drafting before us.  You know Ballard isn't going to take the 5th, 6th, or worse QB on his board to fill a need.  He'll go BPA, or trade the pick.

I think the only way we draft a QB is if we can move up at least six slots.  And that ain't happening IMHO.