Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where Is the Hate Coming From??

WarGhost21

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am much less concerned about Ballard than I am about Reich at this point but I am not about to call for either of their jobs.

Out of curiosity what are your concerns about Reich? There were times throughout the season that his playcalling was absolutely brilliant...other times he had good plays but the execution from a certain position was lacking. Of course every coach occasionally messes up, but I think the positive out way the negative with Reich

1 minute ago, TheMiz said:

Out of curiosity what are your concerns about Reich? There were times throughout the season that his playcalling was absolutely brilliant...other times he had good plays but the execution from a certain position was lacking. Of course every coach occasionally messes up, but I think the positive out way the negative with Reich

IMO

any negative came from execution or limitations caused by injuries 

• Like 1

I think people forget that Ballard has done a complete rebuild of the roster. The year where we appeared to be set up to make a deep playoff run the QB retires two weeks before the start of the season. The fact that the team did not implode right then speaks volumes about Reich and Ballard. The disappointing part of all of it is that with Luck we're probably a 1 or 2 seed and hoping for a Super Bowl appearance

• Like 1

I have no problem with our dradting and free agents picks. I think we are above average with young talent. My issue is with staying to loyal and positive on a player who is not getting the job done. We let AV kick too long and Brissett should have been benched some this season. I feel Chad Kelley should have got some feild time. If we dont address the QB posistion this offseason I feel like Irsay or Ballard is letting the franchise and fans down. I wont call for jobs yet, but if no changes are made and we take the same QBs into next year with this same stick to our guy no matter what approach, someone needs to explain why ASAP...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crush22 said:

Other than him saying Brissett is our future?

ryan reynolds wtf GIF

I wouldn't worry about Reich saying that at this point in time.

Reich (and Ballard) are not going to saying anything over the next few months that indicates they are looking to upgrade from JB.

They don't want teams to know what they want to do at 13. Whether that's trade up, pick a QB there, pick a WR, defensive player, etc.

I don't think we will gain any meaningful insight out of anything the Colts say over the next few months. We just have to wait and see what they actually do. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

Sometimes it is best to say nothing?

Then people would get mad about that. He's a player's coach and he's going to publicly back his players, always. As he should. Doesn't mean they won't look to upgrade. Why telegraph your moves to the rest of the league so they can counteract?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I’m not going to say Ballard is a bad GM. I will say that neither Ballard nor Grigson could seem to field a team that could win without Luck. That’s just my observation.

Grigson was so bad at building a team that he fielded a team that went 8-8 with Andrew Luck

3 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I’m not going to say Ballard is a bad GM. I will say that neither Ballard nor Grigson could seem to field a team that could win without Luck. That’s just my observation. 

This is the issue but people ignore it and turn it into “hating” 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I remember Ballard saying " Its not about one player" I guess, in reality it was.  The Luck retirement blindsided him as well, as everyone else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Which is why I am not willing to call for his job.  

still I think he’s way too stubborn and slow to adjust (look at how bad the second half’s were for most of the season).  I don’t think it’s a mistake that they really struggled the second half of the year when teams got a really good look at what the Colts did well and didn’t do well on tape and the fact they lost the second game to all three division teams when they got a second chance at them.  All of those are signs of not adjusting well.  

Also at times his game plan has been confusing.  Like today, they were playing one of the worst running defenses in the NFL and they ran for over 200 yards on them in the first game and had over a 100 at halftime.  Yet they came out throwing in the second half playing right into the hands of what the Jags do well and playing to their weakness.  

While I agree Jacoby isn’t the guy and they don’t have the talent they need at WR it’s not those guys fault if the coach keeps calling passes.

36 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Over the past few days, most of the forum talk I’ve seen mentioning Chris Ballard is saying that he makes bad picks and that he always trades down for second rounders that don’t do anything. I really don’t get it. We are just one draft removed from 2 All-Pro Rookies, both of which were acquired from him making a trade down. Just because not everyone hits one draft doesn’t make him suddenly incapable of making great selections and grabbing impact players. Even Rock Ya-Sin and Bobby Okereke from this class have made early huge impacts on the team, and still it seems that very few are still invested in the process. I’m honestly confused, and if someone could please enlighten me as to where all of this loss of faith is coming from, please tell me so I, and others like me, can understand!! Thanks, and let’s go smash this offseason!! Go Blue!

Every logical fan can see this team is far away from competing. This is year three of the Ballard and Reich era and it has brought mixed results. Nobody’s fault luck walked away in his prime before the season. But now we see what this roster looks like with no franchise game changing QBand it’s bad. This is Ballard’s biggest offseason to date. 

3 minutes ago, boo2202 said:

Every logical fan can see this team is far away from competing. This is year three of the Ballard and Reich era and it has brought mixed results. Nobody’s fault luck walked away in his prime before the season. But now we see what this roster looks like with no franchise game changing QBand it’s bad. This is Ballard’s biggest offseason to date. 

Year 2 of Reich.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Even as bad as it's been had our all time kicker not cost us 3 games we would have been 11-5. 

It's never as bad as most seem to think. 

That would have been 10-6

• Like 2

You take away Rodgers, you take away Mahomes, you take away Brady, you take away Jackson, and you take them away weeks before the season starts, and I would assure you that there is at least a 75%+ probability that each and everyone of those teams falter badly just as the Colts did this year.

Todays league is a QB driven game. You don’t have a good QB and you don’t go very far.

Had vinny been reliable, and had we not lost Hilton we would for sure without a doubt been in the playoffs without luck, but with Luck I’d say we would be a #2 seed at worst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Grigson was so bad at building a team that he fielded a team that went 8-8 with Andrew Luck

I’m not a defender of Grigson because I think he was really bad at his job. However, I will say that Grigson was a victim of having early success. 

After having 3 straight playoff appearances, Luck missed 9 games in 2015 and 1 game in 2016 and still managed 8-8 in both seasons. 

Both GMs have a winning record with Luck. 

13 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

I remember Ballard saying " Its not about one player" I guess, in reality it was.  The Luck retirement blindsided him as well, as everyone else.

It’s easy to say that when you actually have a franchise QB but much harder to accomplish in the real world.