Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, anyone NOT think the Brisset experiment is over?

ColtJax

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not the point, Tannehill played poor last night but his team won in Foxboro in the playoffs. A great running game and a good defense is why. I figured my posts would get a few going but if one is going to say JB sucks like many did when we won at KC, then how can anyone praise Tannehill for last night's performance?

That is true.   But the Titans would not be where they are if not for Tannehills good games.   Brissett could win games, but he's going to end up around .500. 

I don't know if anyone is praising Tannehills performance last night.  He played poorly.  Unfortunately Brissett plays poorly much more often.     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

That is true.   But the Titans would not be where they are if not for Tannehills good games.   Brissett could win games, but he's going to end up around .500. 

I don't know if anyone is praising Tannehills performance last night.  He played poorly.  Unfortunately Brissett plays poorly much more often.     

I can see Tannehill playing similar against the Ravens and the Ravens smoking them. I am sure he will throw for more than 72 yards but probably something like 195 yards. I just think there are so many QB's in the league now that are about the same, many in the average category. The NFL really only has 4 or 5 QB's where we can say - WOW. Mahomes, Rodgers, Jackson, Wilson, and still Brees but Brees is old. After last night I think Tom is done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fish said:

You might be right.. 

And yeah, it would be a mistake and we in the "JB can't actually throw the ball accurately" camp would be unhappy.

The problem is that this is a super easy "see I told ya so" waiting to happen- I know those holding out hope are going to say "un uh" and "wait and see". We've done this for 2 years now. They need to move on while it's not a bigger deal (in both respects).

This is where I don’t get the Love love.  Love completed 62% of his passes this year and had 20/17 TD/INT ratio and 7.2 ypa this year...in college!  It’s not the norm to jump a huge level in competition and suddenly improve accuracy (though Josh Allen surprised me in Year 2).  Now, I know the Lovers are quick to point out that he looked much better last year under better coaching, but those numbers scream just what you’re on JB for - he’ll probably struggle to develop NFL accuracy...

• Like 1

I am not convinced JB is the man! but the JB experiment should continue. 

Here are my reasons:

1- Luck's retirement did not give the coaching staff time to tailor the offense to JB.

2- Ballard admitted he failed miserably in not providing enough explosive (short for "get open") offensive players. He underplayed the FA market. 

3- JB's injury, his conservative decisions and lack of explosive WR, TE or RB led to an anemic offense, not to mention the injury bug. JB had the opportunity to crawl under a rock afer his injury but he didn't. Would you have preferred Hoyer???

In 2004, the Patriots killed us in Foxborough because Manning could not find anyone open. That is what happened to JB. It is not all his fault, just like it was not Manning's fault. Bellichek outsmarted Tom Moore/Dungy and nobody was getting open. 

Let us give JB the time and let the experiment continue. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Myles said:

He didn’t play that bad. He just didn’t have to throw much.  He only threw it 15 times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can see guys like @EastStreet and others say, will it was an incredible 72 yards but when JB threw for 160 vs KC it was he sucked. A win is a win like I always say.

LOL, Tannehill has a top 10 QBR average (he's been hovering between 7 and 9 IIRC). Let's not compare him and JB who is like 20th or something.

On that specific game.... Tannehill's poor game isn't erased by one clutch throw, or a team win. The running game and D won that game. If an individual is responsible, it's Henry. The D also held Brady to a sub 50 QBR and NE's running game to sub 100 yards.

Just to expand on the first paragraph, Tannehill is a perfect example of QB that doesn't have a ton of yards every game, but does have solid and consistent performances (QBR). JB unfortunately rarely has yards, and is inconsistent as hell (QBR). The Pats have the #2 passing D, so I'm a bit more inclined to cut Tannehill some slack. Context is your friend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, Tannehill has a top 10 QBR average (he's been hovering between 7 and 9 IIRC). Let's not compare him and JB who is like 20th or something.

On that specific game.... Tannehill's poor game isn't erased by one clutch throw, or a team win. The running game and D won that game. If an individual is responsible, it's Henry. The D also held Brady to a sub 50 QBR and NE's running game to sub 100 yards.

Just to expand on the first paragraph, Tannehill is a perfect example of QB that doesn't have a ton of yards every game, but does have solid and consistent performances (QBR). JB unfortunately rarely has yards, and is inconsistent as hell (QBR). The Pats have the #2 passing D, so I'm a bit more inclined to cut Tannehill some slack. Context is your friend.

Way to move the goalpost there man. You are the best ever at doing that though. So 72 yards and you have no complaint, figures. Tannehill has been a .500 QB his whole freakin career. They will get creamed by the Ravens next week, I will give you 10 points and Tennessee next week if you want to bet, that is what I think of Tannehill.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Way to move the goalpost there man. You are the best ever at doing that though. So 72 yards and you have no complaint, figures. Tannehill has been a .500 QB his whole freakin career. They will get creamed by the Ravens next week, I will give you 10 points and Tennessee next week if you want to bet, that is what I think of Tannehill.

I'm in no way moving the goal post. You're being selective and void of any context. 

I even said that his (RT's) poor game wasn't erased by a team win and clutch throw at the end. I did point out that he has top 10 QBR for the season, and he was playing the #2 pass D during his poor game, and therefore more inclined to cut him slack on his poor game. Meanwhile, JB is 20th, and has horrible QBRs vs poor passing Ds... 

What about what I said was moving the goal post? Don't be an apologists. We're simply talking straight up facts. By your "Wins are the only thing that matter" narrative, you should be saying Tannehill is great QB lol. Now you are directly in conflict with your reasoning that JB is above average... 

PS.. I think Baltimore will win too. Their rushing D is much better than NEs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill will never win a SB so who cares. lmao :funny::banana: and my whole point to some of these posts I am making, people that bash JB are way out of line. Lets see how Tannehill does against Baltimore. 

Brissett will never smell the playoffs.   We should care.   

Baltimore is going to destroy Tennessee.   Doesn't change the fact that Tannehill outplayed Brissett all season.   If you think Tannehill sucks, you must really despise Brissett.  

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tannehill will never win a SB so who cares. lmao :funny::banana: and my whole point to some of these posts I am making, people that bash JB are way out of line. Lets see how Tannehill does against Baltimore. I got news for you it will be friends sleep GIF

The same people who want Brady and say he has no weapons say the colts not having weapons is no excuse for the JB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The same people who want Brady and say he has no weapons say the colts not having weapons is no excuse for the JB.

Brady is old, regressing rapidly and to put Brissett in the same sentence with Brady is.......

200.gif

13 hours ago, Archer said:

This is where I don’t get the Love love.  Love completed 62% of his passes this year and had 20/17 TD/INT ratio and 7.2 ypa this year...in college!  It’s not the norm to jump a huge level in competition and suddenly improve accuracy (though Josh Allen surprised me in Year 2).  Now, I know the Lovers are quick to point out that he looked much better last year under better coaching, but those numbers scream just what you’re on JB for - he’ll probably struggle to develop NFL accuracy...

I haven't spent 10 seconds watching Jordan Love. I haven't a clue. I'm in a minority as a football fan- I don't project on to college. I'll flip games on and occasionally (rare) I'll have an opinion on a guy at the next level, but it's a total crap shoot and I don't want to spend time racking my brain over stuff like that. You can imagine what I think about Mock Drafts.

Generally speaking this is why I'm on board with bringing in a vet to get the upgrade on JB part secured and let Ballard do his math and see if there's a guy in the draft, but I'm not going to have strong feelings on who that should be.

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You guys missed the point.

I got it.  Everybody says Brady is regressing.....  

....in the same year he lost Gronk.

I'm not saying that both are not or weren't regressing, but to blame Brady's "regression" solely on himself would mean that Gronk and someone like Moe Allie Cox are the same TE.

Goes back to my point made a few weeks ago. 

When a QB puts up great numbers by throwing to a receiver, say, a TE, or both get a high PFF ranking, should they both get the credit for being a top 10 player at their position....or is there double counting.

And when the numbers are low?

I get that you can blame the QB when you see them not hit the open receiver.....but then the stats become moot when you replace data with that human overlay.

Brady is old.   Brady is regressing as any 43 year old QB would be.  I wouldn't want to see the Colts sign him, even though he would still be an improvement over Brissett.  

Brissett is 27 years old on the same team for 3 years and has not improved his flaws.  

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

Brady is old.   

He's also been old football wise for like the last 7/8 years...

I'm inclined to think he's probably got one more run in him, but I dunno and if he's not a Colt doing it, I hope it fails-hard. If it happens as a Colt, that'd be weird (honestly, I can't believe it's even a talking point).. I don't think it would, but I'll tell ya, there's supposedly a rivalry here and if Tom wanted to stick it to his old team, doing it with a horseshoe would be the most over the top way for him to thumb his nose at the Patriots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually think you are missing the point. I don't think many folks want Brady at all..... 

And comparing Brady and JB in the first place is 50 shades of dumb. And while Brady lost his 3 best targets....  Gronk, Gordon, and Brown (plus OL), he still was the 8th best in passing yards per game.... That said, he sure did pretty well (top 10) with all those losses... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lol. If Teddy leaves NO he is going to get a big contract. He is no stop gap.

LOL, no he won't (get a big contract). He averaged less than 160 ypg (would be last in the NFL) and had a sub 50 QBR (would be 24th-ish).... With the same team, Brees averaged 270 ypg and a 74 QBR... 

He did a good job while DB was out as a back up, but let's not act like he carried the team or was a top 15 guy... If he gets a big contract, that GM will be fired within a few years....

Nominated for hot take of the new year... Good gracious look at some stats.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL, no he won't (get a big contract). He averaged less than 160 ypg (would be last in the NFL) and had a sub 50 QBR (would be 24th-ish).... With the same team, Brees averaged 270 ypg and a 74 QBR... 

He did a good job while DB was out as a back up, but let's not act like he carried the team or was a top 15 guy... If he gets a big contract, that GM will be fired within a few years....

Nominated for hot take of the new year... Good gracious look at some stats.. 

I have looked at stats. He was a first round pick and had the Vikings at 11-5 before his injury. If the saints let him go he will have a lot of teams after him. He isn’t going to sign somewhere for one year. 

13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have looked at stats. He was a first round pick and had the Vikings at 11-5 before his injury. If the saints let him go he will have a lot of teams after him. He isn’t going to sign somewhere for one year. 

He averaged less than a TD a game passing both seasons in Minnesota, with A. Peterson having a career year in the backfield. His yards per attempts is bad. 

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-09-16-dont-expect-much-from-teddy-bridgewater-while-drew-brees-is-out/

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don't know if he'll have allot of teams after him".  There just are not many teams with QB issues who will not be drafting a QB this year.  Teddy would be a lateral move on some of the teams that may be looking.  I think he signs back with the Saints to a midlevel starter/back up contract. 

• Like 1

When I look at QB's and want an upgrade over JB, I do not look at QB's like Tannehill, Bridgewater, Dalton, or Foles as they are not winning a SB with us IMO. Brady and Rivers is too old, they aren't either. If we move on from JB, I would either trade for Carr who is dead smack in his prime and is good or I would just draft the one that Ballard thinks is perfect for this team. That would be my only 2 options. 

41 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was also let go by the Vikes who did not elect to take his 5th year option. He was also let go / traded by the Jets. He's not horrible or anything, but he's not someone that teams are going to go after hard and pay big bucks. We all saw the almost immediate difference in NO when Brees came back. I wish him the best because he's a good dude, but doubt he's ever a legit franchise guy.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

I got it.  Everybody says Brady is regressing.....  

....in the same year he lost Gronk.

I'm not saying that both are not or weren't regressing, but to blame Brady's "regression" solely on himself would mean that Gronk and someone like Moe Allie Cox are the same TE.

Goes back to my point made a few weeks ago. 

When a QB puts up great numbers by throwing to a receiver, say, a TE, or both get a high PFF ranking, should they both get the credit for being a top 10 player at their position....or is there double counting.

And when the numbers are low?

I get that you can blame the QB when you see them not hit the open receiver.....but then the stats become moot when you replace data with that human overlay.

I don't know man.  It doesn't look like Brady can get the ball to the boundary anymore, and if that is not a threat, then D's can totally shut down the middle of the field.

It's crazy how Tannehill has been on fire basically since taking the job over there, but some of you are choosing to only acknowledge his last game. When the other team has NO answer for the run game… you don't need to pass for a lot of yards. I've been watching Tannehill jealous OUT OF MY MIND this whole season. JB isn't on his level.

Also if you want to talk about his winning percentage... let's keep in mind where he was playing.

7 minutes ago, Nickster said:

I don't know man.  It doesn't look like Brady can get the ball to the boundary anymore, and if that is not a threat, then D's can totally shut down the middle of the field.

That is not entirely accurate. The problem is that he has young or inept guys like N'Keal Harry and Dorsett that do not see the same thing he sees and do not break off their route when he expects them to. This leads to several incompletions and drives stalled. That is why it surprised me that they got Sanu for a 2nd round pick when most of his life, Sanu has played in the middle, Sanu was not going to replace a TE, not the same. I expect them to go after outside WRs.

2 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

It's crazy how Tannehill has been on fire basically since taking the job over there, but some of you are choosing to only acknowledge his last game. When the other team has NO answer for the run game… you don't need to pass for a lot of yards. I've been watching Tannehill jealous OUT OF MY MIND this whole season. JB isn't on his level.

Also if you want to talk about his winning percentage... let's keep in mind where he was playing.

Any QB can get hot for 6 or 7 game stretch. Nick Foles did in 2017, since winning it all in Philly he has either been injured or has played badly. I don't think Tannehill is bad or anything and he has played good for a short stint but he isn't winning a SB. I am happy his team put it on the Pats though :thmup:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

For the kind of offense the Titans run, Tannehill is the right guy. He is not going to be asked to shoulder the offense but when teams have to sell out to stop the run, he is better than JB to take advantage of 1-on-1s mainly because he goes through his reads better and does not zero in on 1 or 2 guys.

Tannehill vs Luck always came down to the wire with him as a Dolphin, but Luck was the X factor. Tannehill is no Luck but he is better than JB, IMO. Yes, I am keeping it real. 

• Like 3