Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtJax

So, anyone NOT think the Brisset experiment is over?

Decent back up, but a guy that just plays scared. He holds onto the ball too long, misses open receivers and just can't move the team. This game has to be the final nail in that debate..

I do think it's not over - if for no other reason than who are we going to replace him with? I don't think Ballard and Reich would take any QB we would be in a position to draft over Jacoby, and the same is likely true of any free agents.

I will be shocked if Jacoby isn't the starter week 1 of the 2020 season.

It wasn't an experiment.   Luck quit 2 weeks before the season began.   JB was the only option.    It's obvious defenses have figured him out.   Now what?  Who knows

I thought they would at least play Chad to see what they may have in him (I don’t know if he was active today or not). But I guess it is Jacoby until the bitter end.

I hope the experiment is over. This is exactly what I knew was going to happen when Jacoby was named the QB

We didn't really have a choice with Luck bailing, but I said to myself and on the forum it's only fair to give him the entire year. But he's showing that he's a middle of the road QB who will be to inconsistent overall. He'll win 2 solid ones then have 2 brutal losses.

Hopefully we find the next 'franchise' soon.

If we can draft a good QB we should. At best JB keeps position warm for a prospect. CB needs to get creative and do whatever is necessary to trade into #1 slot for Burrows. I would give up our #1  and #2 we got from Washington + a #1 next year for Burrows.

1 minute ago, yankeeclipper said:

If we can draft a good QB we should. At best JB keeps position warm for a prospect. CB needs to get creative and do whatever is necessary to trade into #1 slot for Burrows. I would give up our #1  and #2 we got from Washington + a #1 next year for Burrows.

The Bengals aren't trading that pick for 2 1s and a 2nd.  This isn't madden 

I wouldn't put all of blame on JB play but it is apparent that he is at best an average QB. He is not going to win games on his passing ability. We had no receivers all season. our TE play is not great. Doyle is not a vertical receiving threat. He is a possession type receiver. We have a good OL for running the ball. However the pass blocking has not been great. Not sure if that is on the line or JB's tendency to hold onto ball too long.

2 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

That wouldn’t be enough.  

Bengals won’t trade out no matter what IMO, but especially not for that weak of a deal.

I like Reich, but it bothers me to hear him lie about our quarterback situation every week. It could cost him his job if he continues with this another season.

1 minute ago, yankeeclipper said:

whatever it takes. Get Burrows. give them 3 #1 picks. Get it done.

I'm thinking it would be easier to get Luck back.

I’d say there’s no way cincy gives up that pick for nothing they keep it, is like to see us go for Herbert I believe with some continued work with Reich he will be our franchise! 

15 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I do think it's not over - if for no other reason than who are we going to replace him with? I don't think Ballard and Reich would take any QB we would be in a position to draft over Jacoby, and the same is likely true of any free agents.

I will be shocked if Jacoby isn't the starter week 1 of the 2020 season.

So do you think Jacody is better than Teddy Bridgewater? 

6 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

I wouldn't put all of blame on JB play but it is apparent that he is at best an average QB. He is not going to win games on his passing ability. We had no receivers all season. our TE play is not great. Doyle is not a vertical receiving threat. He is a possession type receiver. We have a good OL for running the ball. However the pass blocking has not been great. Not sure if that is on the line or JB's tendency to hold onto ball too long.

Our O line was at the top in time to pass ... Pass blocking has been great its a QB holding the ball to long.

They wont to be able to draft a close to ready quarterback, maybe a project type player. 

Plus they have too many holes to fill.

This is Ballard's plan of misirection. Let the masses blame Brissett for his shorty comings, which r evident, so it takes the focus of of his lackluster free agent acquisitions and poor drafting.

6 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

I like Reich, but it bothers me to hear him lie about our quarterback situation every week. It could cost him his job if he continues with this another season.

What would you like him to say? A good coach doesn’t trash his players. Especially singling out one.

Before JB comes back I'd rather see us get Carr, Dalton, Rivers or a number of back ups. That being said, we could trade up and get Tua or Hubert, both are better options than JB..

People need to understand that Brissett is NOT the answer. Even for next year. 

But what's more worrying is the way the Colts seem to view Brissett. Didn't Reich say he believe Brissett is a top 20 QB in the NFL?

Based on that statement he'll want to keep Brissett as the Colts starting QB next season.

Delusional head coach and very worrying in regards to the future of the Colts.

Hopefully Ballard is smarter than that.

IF You thought the noise for Chad Kelly was loud. Wait until the Colts do like they should and draft a QB in the first round of the 2020 draft. And Jacoby playing like he has this year.

If Jacoby is the starter next year, and there isn't a drafted QB on the roster, then I would say it's obvious that the plan is to tank the 2020 season and look for a QB in the 2021 draft with the #1 overall pick

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

This is Ballard's plan of misirection. Let the masses blame Brissett for his shorty comings, which r evident, so it takes the focus of of his lackluster free agent acquisitions and poor drafting.

Poor drafting?? Are you ok my child? 

13 minutes ago, IinD said:

We didn't really have a choice with Luck bailing, but I said to myself and on the forum it's only fair to give him the entire year. But he's showing that he's a middle of the road QB who will be to inconsistent overall. He'll win 2 solid ones then have 2 brutal losses.

Hopefully we find the next 'franchise' soon.

Try bottom ten QB he's bad.

Let’s face it folks. We can’t win without a Manning or a Luck. Those two have carried this franchise for 20+ years. 

12 minutes ago, yankeeclipper said:

whatever it takes. Get Burrows. give them 3 #1 picks. Get it done.

Not gonna happen

5 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

The difference isn't worth what desperate teams will throw at Bridgewater this offseason.

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So name them?

Every draft pick of 2019 has been productive except the last 3 the 6th pick and the two 7th. Everyone else has played and played well. 

Brissett should never start another game for us. Draft a QB, sign one in FA, do what you have to do. Brissett is a trash QB. I'd rather watch the Patriots then a Brissett-led team in 2020, and they make me sick.

At this point, I’d be fine with giving up our first rounder for Derek Carr or Dak Prescott if they become available, unfortunately that’s the asking rate for QBs.

What’s most troublesome to me is the Colts will wrap up 2019 as a top 5 rushing team in the NFL, and rank in the top half in those stats that tend to indicate a winning team - third down conversions, turnover differential, points allowed...  its when you see that they’ll finish ranked 27th or 28th in passing yards that the truth hits you between the eyes.  This team as built isn’t too far away.   A road playoff win last year.  One major thing changed.  The most important thing.  And when you can run the ball as well as the Colts do, to not be any threat through the air is abysmal.  

1 minute ago, Imgrandojji said:

The difference isn't worth what desperate teams will throw at Bridgewater this offseason.

I just think JB holds on to the ball to long and that will be his downfall. 

7 minutes ago, ColtsUrUs said:

There the same QB, practically! Easy pass!

I think they truly like him and are all in on him. I think we’ll hear about the injury a lot to justify why they will stick with him as our franchise QB.