Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Ballard, please do whatever it takes to put a horseshoe helmet on Joe Burrow’s head next year

Long post warning 

This dude is a certifiable stud and his career will be utterly wasted in Cincinnati. I would go all in on trading up for the first overall pick to land this guy. Our team almost made the playoffs with a bottom tier QB and an old kicker that lost a couple games on his own. Frank Reich is a damn good coach and carried this team admirably with what he had. Ballard has made a lot of great moves and while I don’t always agree with his moves, his vision and philosophy is exactly what you want from your GM. This team has the roster and leadership in place to really build something special. Our offensive line is top 3, and our defense has some strong playmakers that will only get better. Definitely need some improvement on that side and I’d like another receiver but that can all be addressed in the offseason. 

What we really need, and I am not in any way opposed to spending the draft capital necessary to do so, is a true franchise quarterback. Sure we could wait around and draft Herbert, Love, or Tua if he falls, but none of those guys give me the confidence in being year in and year out studs. I want Joe Burrow. This man hits every throw, has the balls to drop bombs, the mobility to extend plays when pass protection breaks down, and would fit perfectly in Reich’s quick release offense. We have the line to keep him protected, we have a solid stable of backs and receivers. I don’t care what anyone says, our receivers are good, they just don’t have a QB that can see them, hit them when they’re open, or hit them with any reliable accuracy. Luck made Ebron a pro bowler and Brissett got him three touchdowns. Quarterback is so far and away the most important position on the team, and being in QB purgatory, which is where we are with Brissett, is being doomed to utter mediocrity. 

Now for the logistics of making it happen. Right now we’re slated for drafting at 16 in the first, 47 in the second, and 78 in the third. We also have the Skins second rounder at pick 34 to help out. According to my calculations, using calculatorsoup.com, if we trade our 16, 34, and 78 this year, as well as our next two first rounders for 2021 and ‘22 (valuing them as 28th overall which I think is fair and probably stiffing us a little), we could hypothetically get that number one overall. They would actually get more value in that trade. We’d still get our second for this year and all the other picks other than the third, and there’s never any guarantee that we’ll get our money’s worth on the two future first rounders. 

We we have a ton of cap room and there’s some pretty decent players slated to hit free agency that we could use to fortify he roster around Burrow. A strong Dline presence is a necessity and there’s a few solid ones that could become available; Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, DJ Reader, Jadeveon Clowney, Javon Hargrave, Shelby Harris, Quinton Jefferson, Leonard Williams (potential based as long as he doesn’t demand a bunch of money), Michael Pierce, Jarran Reed, Yannick Ngakoue, Emmanuel Ogbah, Matthew Judon, Andrew Billings, and David Onyemata are all guys that I would be all about signing this offseason to reinforce the Dline. Obviously most will be resigned, but at least a few will hit free agency and we should pursue the best value ones. I want to keep Houston, Autry, and Stewart but getting rid of Hunt seems prudent. He was good in ‘18 but very ineffective this year and would take no dead cap to be rid of him while saving $4 million. 

I would also like to see Desir cut. It’ll save $6.5 million and produce no dead cap. Some corners I’d like to see targeted would be Chris Harris Jr, Byron Jones, Daryl Worley, James Bradberry, or Eli Apple. I think we’re good at LB but if Corey Littleton became available and wasn’t expensive I’d go for it. I love me some coverage backers. I’m also happy with safety but if Justin Simmons became available and didn’t break the bank I’d explore that option. 

On offense i would like to see some competition for Glowinski and would love to see Joe Thuney or Graham Glasgow come in and unseat him. At WR there aren’t a lot of free agents that I’m interested in but Tajae Sharpe intrigues me and I don’t think he’d be too costly. I’d like another TE to compliment Jack but not many stick out, only one is Hunter Henry. His Sirianni connection could be helpful to us and hopefully he wouldn’t command too much money as he’s been hurt a bunch the last two years. Still been great when he plays but it would be hard to justify paying a guy so injury prone. Another option could be Austin Hooper or possibly Luke Willson if we want to add a cheap but solid body. While I like our backs, I’d still like to see us pick up a bruiser back and I think Gus Edwards would be perfect for that role. Also would not mind bringing in a good leader blocker so we can run a lot of different personnel packages and bring in Anthony Sherman, it’s not like fullbacks are expensive anyway. Also I assume we would not keep Hoyer or Wilson so that’s be another $4 million we could save. 

By my calculations, with those releases we’d have around $115 million in cap space. I know Ballard isn’t a huge spender, but I think it’s because the free agents are always looking for something that we aren’t offering. 

Hypothetically lets say we sign,

Arik Armstead (17M/Year)

Javon Hargrave (9M)

Chris Harris (10M)

Justin Simmons (12M)

Graham Glasgow (9M)

Tashae Sharpe (9M)

Hunter Henry (9M)

Gus Edwards (4M)

Anthony Sherman (1M)

That’s a total of $90 million and leaves us another $25 million to extend Castonzo. He’ll be quite close to the highest paid at his position, Taylor Lewan (16M per), but he’s also older so I don’t think he’ll be quite there. I’m guessing $15M, leaving another 10 for the draft picks and a couple important ERFAs which is a negligible amount. Only ones I want are Pascal, Fountain, Marcus Johnson, Alie-Cox, and McLaughlin for a kicking competition in camp with a rookie or vet.

Also if it became too fiscally irresponsible to sign all those guys then I would totally understand. It wouldn’t break my heart to miss out on Sharpe, Henry or Simmons. I just think we could patch up the roster quite a bit this year, and get the future face of the NFL.

Anyway sorry for the long read, but Joe Burrow had me fantasizing about the possibility of getting him with the night he had tonight. I know it’d probably be hard to even get the Bengals to give us that pick, but what’s everyone else’s opinion? Would you make that trade and do you think the Bengals would even accept that trade? Maybe he’ll refuse to play for them because of how inept they are and demand a trade like Eli and Elway. 

TL;DR - Would you trade our next three first rounders, our early second rounder, and our third rounder in exchange for Joe Burrow? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There HAS to be a guy from some school that is just waiting to blossom after proper development and direction.  And without giving a king’s ransom for the #1 which i just cant see happening.

We supposedly have “the” QB whispering head coach and we supposedly have a very good, well respected GM as well as a supposedly top-notch scouting department.

If they all do their jobs well, they should be able to find a QB with the skills, abilities, and traits necessary.

1. The scouts have to find and research them.

2. Ballard needs to analyze and pull the trigger 

(As well as provide the roster around him)

3. Reich and Co develops him and puts him in the right position to be successful.

I would think, however, that if you are serious about taking QB, you’ve gotta do it with our 1st or our (1st) 2nd round picks.

Next spring JB, “the rook”, and whoever else competes to start season.

I also have a theory that there are multiple QBs throughout the league who get “stuck” as backups.  Odds say that some of these guys are hidden gems that never get fully polished.  Especially now, snaps at practice are VERY limited, camp is short.  Many of these guys see preseason only.  They never really have a chance to develop.  Then, who wants to pay a 2nd contract to an unknown when a younger , cheaper version is available in draft.

This year, we’ve seen some backup QB success due to an abundance of injuries.

Heck, NE has turned backup QBs into assets.  They grab one every few years in draft.  Its funny how teams wait to look for the most important position only when their #1 goes down or is nearing retirement or a huge contract.  

53 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Long post warning 

This dude is a certifiable stud and his career will be utterly wasted in Cincinnati. I would go all in on trading up for the first overall pick to land this guy. Our team almost made the playoffs with a bottom tier QB and an old kicker that lost a couple games on his own. Frank Reich is a damn good coach and carried this team admirably with what he had. Ballard has made a lot of great moves and while I don’t always agree with his moves, his vision and philosophy is exactly what you want from your GM. This team has the roster and leadership in place to really build something special. Our offensive line is top 3, and our defense has some strong playmakers that will only get better. Definitely need some improvement on that side and I’d like another receiver but that can all be addressed in the offseason. 

What we really need, and I am not in any way opposed to spending the draft capital necessary to do so, is a true franchise quarterback. Sure we could wait around and draft Herbert, Love, or Tua if he falls, but none of those guys give me the confidence in being year in and year out studs. I want Joe Burrow. This man hits every throw, has the balls to drop bombs, the mobility to extend plays when pass protection breaks down, and would fit perfectly in Reich’s quick release offense. We have the line to keep him protected, we have a solid stable of backs and receivers. I don’t care what anyone says, our receivers are good, they just don’t have a QB that can see them, hit them when they’re open, or hit them with any reliable accuracy. Luck made Ebron a pro bowler and Brissett got him three touchdowns. Quarterback is so far and away the most important position on the team, and being in QB purgatory, which is where we are with Brissett, is being doomed to utter mediocrity. 

Now for the logistics of making it happen. Right now we’re slated for drafting at 16 in the first, 47 in the second, and 78 in the third. We also have the Skins second rounder at pick 34 to help out. According to my calculations, using calculatorsoup.com, if we trade our 16, 34, and 78 this year, as well as our next two first rounders for 2021 and ‘22 (valuing them as 28th overall which I think is fair and probably stiffing us a little), we could hypothetically get that number one overall. They would actually get more value in that trade. We’d still get our second for this year and all the other picks other than the third, and there’s never any guarantee that we’ll get our money’s worth on the two future first rounders. 

We we have a ton of cap room and there’s some pretty decent players slated to hit free agency that we could use to fortify he roster around Burrow. A strong Dline presence is a necessity and there’s a few solid ones that could become available; Chris Jones, Arik Armstead, DJ Reader, Jadeveon Clowney, Javon Hargrave, Shelby Harris, Quinton Jefferson, Leonard Williams (potential based as long as he doesn’t demand a bunch of money), Michael Pierce, Jarran Reed, Yannick Ngakoue, Emmanuel Ogbah, Matthew Judon, Andrew Billings, and David Onyemata are all guys that I would be all about signing this offseason to reinforce the Dline. Obviously most will be resigned, but at least a few will hit free agency and we should pursue the best value ones. I want to keep Houston, Autry, and Stewart but getting rid of Hunt seems prudent. He was good in ‘18 but very ineffective this year and would take no dead cap to be rid of him while saving $4 million. 

I would also like to see Desir cut. It’ll save $6.5 million and produce no dead cap. Some corners I’d like to see targeted would be Chris Harris Jr, Byron Jones, Daryl Worley, James Bradberry, or Eli Apple. I think we’re good at LB but if Corey Littleton became available and wasn’t expensive I’d go for it. I love me some coverage backers. I’m also happy with safety but if Justin Simmons became available and didn’t break the bank I’d explore that option. 

On offense i would like to see some competition for Glowinski and would love to see Joe Thuney or Graham Glasgow come in and unseat him. At WR there aren’t a lot of free agents that I’m interested in but Tajae Sharpe intrigues me and I don’t think he’d be too costly. I’d like another TE to compliment Jack but not many stick out, only one is Hunter Henry. His Sirianni connection could be helpful to us and hopefully he wouldn’t command too much money as he’s been hurt a bunch the last two years. Still been great when he plays but it would be hard to justify paying a guy so injury prone. Another option could be Austin Hooper or possibly Luke Willson if we want to add a cheap but solid body. While I like our backs, I’d still like to see us pick up a bruiser back and I think Gus Edwards would be perfect for that role. Also would not mind bringing in a good leader blocker so we can run a lot of different personnel packages and bring in Anthony Sherman, it’s not like fullbacks are expensive anyway. Also I assume we would not keep Hoyer or Wilson so that’s be another $4 million we could save. 

By my calculations, with those releases we’d have around $115 million in cap space. I know Ballard isn’t a huge spender, but I think it’s because the free agents are always looking for something that we aren’t offering. 

Arik Armstead (17M/Year)

Javon Hargrave (9M)

Chris Harris (10M)

Justin Simmons (12M)

Graham Glasgow (9M)

Tashae Sharpe (9M)

Hunter Henry (9M)

Gus Edwards (4M)

Anthony Sherman (1M)

That’s a total of $90 million and leaves us another $25 million to extend Castonzo. He’ll be quite close to the highest paid at his position, Taylor Lewan (16M per), but he’s also older so I don’t think he’ll be quite there. I’m guessing $15M, leaving another 10 for the draft picks and a couple important ERFAs which is a negligible amount. Only ones I want are Pascal, Fountain, Marcus Johnson, Alie-Cox, and McLaughlin for a kicking competition in camp with a rookie or vet.

Also if it became too fiscally irresponsible to sign all those guys then I would totally understand. It wouldn’t break my heart to miss out on Sharpe, Henry or Simmons. I just think we could patch up the roster quite a bit this year, and get the future face of the NFL.

Anyway sorry for the long read, but Joe Burrow had me fantasizing about the possibility of getting him with the night he had tonight. I know it’d probably be hard to even get the Bengals to give us that pick, but what’s everyone else’s opinion? Would you make that trade and do you think the Bengals would even accept that trade? Maybe he’ll refuse to play for them because of how inept they are and demand a trade like Eli and Elway. 

TL;DR - Would you trade our next three first rounders, our early second rounder, and our third rounder in exchange for Joe Burrow? 

Would do it in a heartbeat with our need at QB and our cap space available. Can't play it safe forever. Lets get Joe Burrow and win a SB! IMO, he's just as good as Andrew Luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think the Bengals would trade that pick for anything, I think they've had their eyes on Burrow the entire season. The only 2 free agents you listed that I would be interested in are Judon and Hargrave(only interested in Hargrave because he was a college teammate of Leonard) teaming them up again could be a great move.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow looked like Peyton Manning vs Oklahoma but it was only 1 game and Oklahoma's defense is bad. LSU is loaded with talent too. 

He's looked like that against everybody. Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Georgia... he dismantled some great defenses this year. His receivers are pretty good too... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I also have a theory that there are multiple QBs throughout the league who get “stuck” as backups.  Odds say that some of these guys are hidden gems that never get fully polished.  Especially now, snaps at practice are VERY limited, camp is short.  Many of these guys see preseason only.  They never really have a chance to develop.  Then, who wants to pay a 2nd contract to an unknown when a younger , cheaper version is available in draft.

This year, we’ve seen some backup QB success due to an abundance of injuries.

Heck, NE has turned backup QBs into assets.  They grab one every few years in draft.  Its funny how teams wait to look for the most important position only when their #1 goes down or is nearing retirement or a huge contract.  

That's exactly who we started this year. We have that.

I can't tell if you are proposing to develop our backup who started this year, or if you think there is another back-up out there that is ready for prime-time but no one has given them a chance. 

Who are you proposing?

Colts wouldnt trade their 1 first overall picks to anyone for anything, and the result was Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. The Bengals will absolutely not trade the number one overall pick for 3 of our first especially considering having a top notch QB would make us contenders meaning those 3 first rounds would be at the top of the round and not the bottom. 

The Bengals need a franchise QB. They're not giving up that pick for anything beyond the entire starting Colts team. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Long post warning 

Arik Armstead (17M/Year)

Javon Hargrave (9M)

Chris Harris (10M)

Justin Simmons (12M)

Graham Glasgow (9M)

Tashae Sharpe (9M)

Hunter Henry (9M)

Gus Edwards (4M)

Anthony Sherman (1M)

Let me ask you a question and see if you can answer it. When was the last time a team traded up to number one to take a QB and it actually work out for them? 

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.   I would absolutely NOT trade our next three first rounders,  our early 2nd rounder and our 3rd rounder for Joe Burrow.      Wouldn't do it.    And I'm not even sure that would be an acceptable offer for Cincinnati.

Thought experiment (I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm positive Ballard won't make the moves to get the first pick), but if Burrow is going to be a franchise guy ala Luck I'd do it. Looking at the Colts drafts after Luck arrived, it reminds me that these picks aren't as valuable as our GM says they are. That's not to say they're not valuable, but.. we could have lived without Trent Richardson or Bjorn Werner and that's to say nothing of the general flame out rate of first rounders. If there's a guy who can do the most important job at a high level it's probably worth it, even if the cost is high. The list of teams who never get the QB position right isn't short and they don't do lot's of winning.  The Colts are flirting openly with long term mediocrity right now and I'd love to avoid that.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sold on any QB this yr. As a sure fire bonafide franchise type.  No, not even Mr. Burrow.... Not even sure he's the best QB in the CFP.

how often are you really sold on a QB in the draft?  we are not going to get the next Luck or peyton but that doesnt mean we cant upgrade 

Eagles gave up a lot to get Wentz. It didn’t hurt there SB chances. If I was convinced Burrow was a star and a franchise guy I would have no problem giving up my entire draft this year. I would not give up multiple 1st round picks. We have a good foundation so giving up one draft would not hurt us. Burrow looked a lot like Mahomes yesterday on how he extended plays outside the pocket.

3 hours ago, lester said:

That's exactly who we started this year. We have that.

I can't tell if you are proposing to develop our backup who started this year, or if you think there is another back-up out there that is ready for prime-time but no one has given them a chance. 

Who are you proposing?

Read what i said again.

its not that difficult a concept.

And uh, Brady was an unknown backup at One point.

No one knew what Brady was capable of...... not even NE. If Bledsoe never gets injured, Brady may get lost on roster, then fizzles out into obscurity and no one EVER knows his name.  It could easily have happened. He was 6th round and on nobodys radar.  
My point is there are many players at All positions who never get the chance to shine, so to speak.

Has nothing to do with JB.  Think!

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Thought experiment (I'm not saying you're wrong, and I'm positive Ballard won't make the moves to get the first pick), but if Burrow is going to be a franchise guy ala Luck I'd do it. Looking at the Colts drafts after Luck arrived, it reminds me that these picks aren't as valuable as our GM says they are. That's not to say they're not valuable, but.. we could have lived without Trent Richardson or Bjorn Werner and that's to say nothing of the general flame out rate of first rounders. If there's a guy who can do the most important job at a high level it's probably worth it, even if the cost is high. The list of teams who never get the QB position right isn't short and they don't do lot's of winning.  The Colts are flirting openly with long term mediocrity right now and I'd love to avoid that.

I don’t see how you write a sentence about “flirting with long term mediocrity” ??!?

We had one disappointing year (which started pretty well).   One year.   Where is the long term part?   If it turns out that JB is not the guy then we need to give a rookie several years to get up to speed.   I don’t see anything wrong with that and I wouldn’t call it long term, unless the rookie also flames out as many do.  Then the search for a starter continues and THEN you can talk about long term.   But I think we’re a long way from that.  

Maybe you’re right someday, but I see that day as far off down the road.   Just a different perspective. 

37 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eagles gave up a lot to get Wentz. It didn’t hurt there SB chances. If I was convinced Burrow was a star and a franchise guy I would have no problem giving up my entire draft this year. I would not give up multiple 1st round picks. We have a good foundation so giving up one draft would not hurt us. Burrow looked a lot like Mahomes yesterday on how he extended plays outside the pocket.

And they greatly overpaid. 

I am not ruling out the Dolphins moving up with all the first round pick ammunition they have in the first round to get Joe Burrow IF the Bengals want to trade that pick. They are the only ones that can get it done. 2 first rounders this year (essentially a first rounder swap plus their later first rounder) and a first rounder next year can be a starting point, and it will end up with 4 first rounders for the Bengals, knowing Paul Brown (2 first rounders from 2020 with a first rounder swap in 2020, 1 from 2021 and one from 2022).

Maybe Joe Burrow will go back to LSU or pull an Eli Manning, LOL. :) 

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Very doubtful the Bengals are interested in trading the top pick or passing on him.  They need a QB.  He’s an Ohio kid.  Perfect guy to be the face of their franchise.

Exactly. Bengals wouldn't do that deal for 10 1st round picks, he is going to be that valuable to the franchise. This is beyond the field, kid is universally lived in Ohio. Bengals need to put butts in seats, their home attendance was horrible this year. 

People think Mike Brown isapathetic to what the team does, but he cares considerably what happens to the team financially

10 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Short answer - yes. I think Burrow is a very high level prospect with some of the best accuracy, anticipation, on the move playmaking and pocket presence I've seen recently. The only argument against it really is that he doesn't have long history of consistently playing at this level and I can understand people having doubts about it. He still had some exceptional games last year, he just didn't have the consistency that year. I feel like this is a natural progression of a young player and the level he's playing at and sustaining over the ENTIRE 2019 is just too much for me to ignore. IMO he's just taken the next step and it's here to stay rather than a random blip on the radar. 

• Like 1

I have enjoyed watching him play this year.

Very talented, poised and humble.  Great combination.

Would love to have him, unfortunately he will be a Bengal.  And I think he's okay with that. He's from southern Ohio, and a true hometown boy.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t see how you write a sentence about “flirting with long term mediocrity” ??!?

We had one disappointing year (which started pretty well).   One year.   Where is the long term part?   If it turns out that JB is not the guy then we need to give a rookie several years to get up to speed.   I don’t see anything wrong with that and I wouldn’t call it long term, unless the rookie also flames out as many do.  Then the search for a starter continues and THEN you can talk about long term.   But I think we’re a long way from that.  

Maybe you’re right someday, but I see that day as far off down the road.   Just a different perspective. 

This isn't one disappointing year. Going back to when Luck initially blew up shoulder, this team has had a handful of 500. seasons, a 4 win season and last years turnaround which was fun, but is now, clearly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an outlier. How about this, we're not openly flirting with long term mediocrity, the Colts are and have been in it and we need a QB more than we need draft capital for an edge rusher or WR to get out of it. 

• Thanks 1

Just for the record the Pat's have three first round picks this year. Not sure how, but it showed up on NFL Network scroll the other night. Give Cincinnati all three and Brady. There are GM stupid enough to take that. Don't know about Cincinnati.

• Haha 1

Burrow had a great season but it’s only been one year. This LSU team is loaded with first round NFL talent. He’s going to a 2-14 Bengals team that plays in the division with the Ravens and Steelers.

He’s going to struggle early and often against those elite defenses. I think he can be good but because of the team he’s getting drafted too and the tough division he plays in he won’t live up to high expectations. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

This isn't one disappointing year. Going back to when Luck initially blew up shoulder, this team has had a handful of 500. seasons, a 4 win season and last years turnaround which was fun, but is now, clearly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an outlier. How about this, we're not openly flirting with long term mediocrity, the Colts are and have been in it and we need a QB more than we need draft capital for an edge rusher or WR to get out of it. 

So last year was “clearly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an outlier.”   Seriously?   That’s your view?   Dear God.

First, if you understand football, you don’t connect the Grigson years with the Ballard years.    Second, the years we struggled with Luck don’t constitute mediocrity.  If your franchise QB gets hurt, that isn’t mediocrity, that injury.  Those two things are very different. 

Second,  flirting with mediocrity is a forward looking position.   So looking forward, I don’t see this franchise flirting with mediocrity.   It should be accepted that finding a franchise quality QB is hard and you have to give your franchise time to make that happen.   These things take time.

And if someone wants to argue otherwise, I’d say they’re badly spoiled.  We see this completely different. 

Yeah, I don’t know if I’d say we are or have been stuck in mediocrity. Although I do think that, at least right now, we’re a pretty mediocre team. Then again, that’s mostly because of what we have at QB. We do have a lot of young talent and potential, and a great OL, etc. which are great building blocks.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So last year was “clearly, beyond a shadow of a doubt, an outlier.”   Seriously?   That’s your view?   Dear God.

First, if you understand football, you don’t connect the Grigson years with the Ballard years.    Second, the years we struggled with Luck don’t constitute mediocrity.  If your franchise QB gets hurt, that isn’t mediocrity, that injury.  Those two things are very different. 

Second,  flirting with mediocrity is a forward looking position.   So looking forward, I don’t see this franchise flirting with mediocrity.   It should be accepted that finding a franchise quality QB is hard and you have to give your franchise time to make that happen.   These things take time.

And if someone wants to argue otherwise, I’d say they’re badly spoiled.  We see this completely different. 

You don't need to "Dear God" me. Your point isn't that good and the record is what it is.

1 hour ago, FRW said:

Just for the record the Pat's have three first round picks this year. Not sure how, but it showed up on NFL Network scroll the other night. Give Cincinnati all three and Brady. There are GM stupid enough to take that. Don't know about Cincinnati.

Two things wrong with that. 

First, Brady has or rather had, a no trade clause in his contract.

second, Brady is currently a FA at the end of the year. They’d have to resign him, which would likely include above mentioned clause again.

52 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You don't need to "Dear God" me. Your point isn't that good and the record is what it is.

If your viewpoint is sincerely that last year was an outlier based on this year, then without a shadow of a doubt I absolutely needed to give you a “Dear God!”   I think your argument is astoundingly weak....    sorry. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If your viewpoint is sincerely that last year was an outlier based on this year, then without a shadow of a doubt I absolutely needed to give you a “Dear God!”   I think your argument is astoundingly weak....    sorry. 

Holy... you can't be this dense. Or maybe. I dunno. 

Go read my post again (or for the first time). I only pointed out that this would be the 4th (3rd?) time in the last 5 years the team has gone .500 and that based on that fact, that makes last year an outlier. It's not an argument either, it's just what the record has been.