Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me a bad fan if you want, but I want us to lose tomorrow. There is nothing positive that can come out of a win tomorrow. Noone cares if we are 8-8 or 7-9. The difference between pick 10 and pick

Burrow is SO DAMN GOOD. I would practically sell the farm for him. I'd give up 3 1sts and both seconds this year to get him. 

This game is filled with prospects to the point where I'm not sure it's even possible to watch most of them at the same time. There are some nice matchups to watch:   - LSU DBs vs Ceedee Lam

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Hah they’re talking about the Ravens potentially drafting Hurts and using him in the backfield and somebody who can also throw...

 

I mean, I guess it could be good insurance in case Jackson get hurt. Still, seems weird.

They already so that with RG111. I guess they could get his eventual replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Heard Ballard is at the Peach Bowl to pull off a blockbuster trade. Trying to trade entire Colt team for the entire LSU team.

Serious question - should we do it if we could? 

 

There are 2 R1 CBs, R1 safety, 1 EDGE that might go R1 or R2. One DL that might go somewhere in day 2-3. They have some LBs that are going to get drafted... 

 

There is a WR1 type, no 1 QB, Another WR that's going to go R2 probably... and some more WRs that are going to get drafted.  RB that's going to be drafted day 2 probably. They have OL that probably gets drafted too, some of them day 2. 

 

I actually don't think it's as insane as it seems. And this is without me even knowing some of their young players that are highly recruited and are either redshirting or not getting playing time now because they are behind R1 talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see the colts go up against a team like LSU. For some strange reason I think they could beat us.

We probably beat them handily now, but in like... 3-4 years time, a team with the building blocks of that LSU team might be special. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see the colts go up against a team like LSU. For some strange reason I think they could beat us.

Realistically we would beat them by probably at least 28 points (4 TD's) IMO. LSU has a great college team though. I think they will win it all. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Hmmmmm.  I am not saying Burrow isn't any good.  However,he is a transfer and a one year phenom.  I would be very cautious and I would not trade up for him.

He is a transfer from Ohio State, not like some little school.

 

If I'm not mistaken he was the #1 QB in his class coming out of High School as well.

 

He did all he could to prove his worth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Burrow looks awesome and will probably be a good pro. Not sure he can pull a Luck and take the stinky Bengals team to 3 11-5 seasons in a row but he is going #1 to them.

They dang well BETTER take him and at least try to change the image and culture of perennial losers.

 

After what the Bengals have put their fans thru.... namely mediocrity at best in the W-L department, and a long stretch of tolerance for thugs, ingrates and miscreants.... if they trade the #1 pick and a kid this good, and who has local ties such as he does.... they deserve another generation of misery.

 

I must admit though.... the thought of Cincy VP-PP Duke Tobin.... (with a Tom Collins in his hand and Mel Kiper cackling at him in the split-screen)..... explaining a trade of the #1 pick to the Colts to Chris Mortensen would be hilarious. haha

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to see the colts go up against a team like LSU. For some strange reason I think they could beat us.

 

Wow you took a couple extra shots of 'crazy' tonight, huh? 

 

The colts, and any other nfl team for that matter, would beat LSU 100 times out of 100.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, w87r said:

He is a transfer from Ohio State, not like some little school.

 

If I'm not mistaken he was the #1 QB in his class coming out of High School as well.

 

He did all he could to prove his worth. 

The consensus 3-star recruit is listed at No. 10 among dual-threat recruits in this class, according to 247Sports' composite rankings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know not many people want Jalen Hurts and he may end up not being a good NFL QB. But after watching this you can’t deny he is seems to be a great person, teammate and leader. Just loved to hear his answer. I just have to say I would not hate having him on my team. 
 

https://bleacherreport.com/post/college-football/25d0e618-6c9c-4c53-8661-b6a6770f5969

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The consensus 3-star recruit is listed at No. 10 among dual-threat recruits in this class, according to 247Sports' composite rankings. 

He was actually a 4 star recruit and #8 Dual threat according to your 247sports rankings.

 

https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

 

3 QB's in front of him are already in NFL(Murray, Stidham and Darnold)

 

2 became WR's

 

Bottomline is he will be #1 pick, despite how many people you try to convince we shouldn't trade picks for him.

 

It doesn't even matter anyway, not an option for us. Which is unfortunate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

We already have a great foundation and it is only one draft.  Not like it hurts us going forward.

Because we have so many young players on the roster, one draft wont affect us as much as most teams.  Add a healthy cap position (FA possibilities), and i am cool with moving up if Ballard chooses. I just dont see Ballard giving up what is necessary .

 

We should really start QB possibility and a WR possibility threads  To start to plan where they may go and compare their perceived value relative to expected draft positions.

  Looking at FAs could also help us determine what Ballard may be thinking.

  My only thing is, if you do target QB, target a darn QB.  Dont him-haw it in the 3rd or 4th round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

He was actually a 4 star recruit and #8 Dual threat according to your 247sports rankings.

 

https://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

 

3 QB's in front of him are already in NFL(Murray, Stidham and Darnold)

 

2 became WR's

 

Bottomline is he will be #1 pick, despite how many people you try to convince we shouldn't trade picks for him.

 

It doesn't even matter anyway, not an option for us. Which is unfortunate.

Okay.  I am not trying to convince anyone.  I just provided information.  He's a one year wonder. U r right he will most likely be the top pick but I would not give a boat load of picks for him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

I know not many people want Jalen Hurts and he may end up not being a good NFL QB. But after watching this you can’t deny he is seems to be a great person, teammate and leader. Just loved to hear his answer. I just have to say I would not hate having him on my team. 
 

https://bleacherreport.com/post/college-football/25d0e618-6c9c-4c53-8661-b6a6770f5969

 

 

Honestly though, it’s very similar to JB in my opinion.

 

Great guy, great leader, and I respect that...but that only gets you so far. At some point you have to actually look at the production, and while Hurts is a great runner, in the passing game he leaves a lot to be desired. He’s probably my least favorite prospect, in terms of actual on field play, in this group of QB’s.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Agreed I don't think Hurts or Lawrence are that good.


Hurts is a nice college quarterback.

 

Lawrence is a legitimate NFL talent.  Very highly rated and thought of.

 

It’s astounding that you’d put those two in the same sentence......

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aces101 said:

If the Colts QB job is between Brissett or Hurts, then skip on QB in the draft....

 

and Lawrence is showing his numbers are padded by playing horrible ACC defenses all season

 

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Agreed I don't think Hurts or Lawrence are that good.

Lawrence is the best qb prospect since Luck.. numbers are down this year but last season he destroyed a better Alabama team. I would rather have Lawrence over any qb in this upcoming draft

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:


Hurts is a nice college quarterback.

 

Lawrence is a legitimate NFL talent.  Very highly rated and thought of.

 

It’s astounding that you’d put those two in the same sentence......

well look at the author of the post lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


I know...   I know...

 

Another poster wisely and correctly noted that Lawrence might be the highest graded college quarterback since Andrew Luck.   Good point!

he wasnt even bad tonight so idk where everyone is getting that he isn't that good lol he had one hell of a drive to get the go ahead TD looked great to me 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

he wasnt even bad tonight so idk where everyone is getting that he isn't that good lol he had one hell of a drive to get the go ahead TD looked great to me 


Lots of people don’t care for ACC football...   honestly, it was poor for a long time.   But it’s gotten much better in the last 5-10 years.   But the doubters knock him for the competition.  
 

Pro evaluators love the kid.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:


Lots of people don’t care for ACC football...   honestly, it was poor for a long time.   But it’s gotten much better in the last 5-10 years.   But the doubters knock him for the competition.  
 

Pro evaluators love the kid.  

well the kid beat the best college team of the past 10 or 15 years in bama last year and just beat an undefeated OSU team in the playoffs so I'd say he's doing alright! haha I'm definitely gonna side with the pro evaluators 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aces101 said:

If the Colts QB job is between Brissett or Hurts, then skip on QB in the draft....

 

and Lawrence is showing his numbers are padded by playing horrible ACC defenses all season

 

8 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Agreed I don't think Hurts or Lawrence are that good.

I have no idea what you guys are watching and if you've ever watched Lawrence at all at any point during the last 2 years. This is preposterous. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I think we need to draft dl first I would be on board with Lamb in the first, but he is the only receiver I would take in the first. But I don't know what good that would do if we would still have Brissett throwing the ball. Look at Hiltons stats in his career, do you notice how drastically different they were in 2017 and 2019 compared to all other years? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:


Lots of people don’t care for ACC football...   honestly, it was poor for a long time.   But it’s gotten much better in the last 5-10 years.   But the doubters knock him for the competition.  
 

Pro evaluators love the kid.  

 

I disagree with the ACC being much better in the last 5-10 years.  However, Lawrence is fantastic, imo.  He will more than likely be the best QB prospect to come out since Luck, he would be the first pick in this years draft if he was able to come out, again imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the quickest and surest way for Ballard to fix our QB mess is to trade for Carr.  If Gruden can trade Mack and Cooper he can surely trade Carr.  The rumors are already there.  I would even be willing to give him nexts 1st round pick if he would take it.  Then Ballard could use all of this years picks to continue to strengthen the team at WR, DT, CB or whatever.  That would be my preferred scenario but Gruden will most likely want one of this years picks.  Getting Carr would hopefully allow Ballard to trade JB for a pick as well.  Doing the trade before FA would also help in the recruitment of FA's.  But drafting a QB is what Ballard will most likely do.  He loves them picks right?  Then I think we are a year away, at least, from seeing him play and being a serious contender.  And I don't think many FAs will want to come here knowing JB is our starter.  I can't imagine our fan base will be too excited about that approach as well.  JMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, stitches said:

Imagine Hurts taking those hits by NFL sized athletes. How long can he last like that? This is not a "this is important game, so I'm gonna sell out for those yards" situation, he takes those types of hits all the time and against all types of opponents. 

How much smaller than NFL size do you think starters at LSU are? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shafty138 said:

How much smaller than NFL size do you think starters at LSU are? Lol

They might not be much smaller, but they are still 18-21 year old kids. In the league he's going to go against men with grown up bodies that have been in NFL strength and conditioning rooms for years. There is a difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're gonna take a WR in the 1st, get Jerry Jeudy. People saying Lamb is better than Jeudy haven't sat down and analyzed the two, JJ is the twitchiest WR I've ever seen, his stop-go ability is beyond elite, it's legendary. He would be one of the Top 5 route runners in the NFL today, ask Daniel Jeremiah and several other NFL scouts. His numbers weren't as gaudy this year, but he's on a team with 3 other Rd1 WRs (Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, and Henry Ruggs) and a RB that's a likely Day2 selection. Kid is gonna be the best WR in the league in a couple/few seasons. Screenshot this crap. It is known. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SouthernIndianaNDFan said:

If you're gonna take a WR in the 1st, get Jerry Jeudy. People saying Lamb is better than Jeudy haven't sat down and analyzed the two, JJ is the twitchiest WR I've ever seen, his stop-go ability is beyond elite, it's legendary. He would be one of the Top 5 route runners in the NFL today, ask Daniel Jeremiah and several other NFL scouts. His numbers weren't as gaudy this year, but he's on a team with 3 other Rd1 WRs (Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, and Henry Ruggs) and a RB that's a likely Day2 selection. Kid is gonna be the best WR in the league in a couple/few seasons. Screenshot this crap. It is known. 

he gets open very well has outstanding feet. wouldnt be a bad pick should be there at 13 but tons of other routes we could go with that pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...