Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard at Peach Bowl

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think the Bengals would turn down any fathomable offer. He has the potential to Luck them to the playoffs in his first year honestly. Just so risky to pass up on such a good QB prospect.

Yep....I remember teams offering the Colts similar draft hauls to Grigson to take Luck.

Just now, Fisticuffs111 said:

This game is a decent example of how a really good WR, Lamb, can have such a quiet game with a not so good QB.

Keep in mind that they are a heavily skewed running team. They are running something like... 61% of the snaps. It's incredibly hard to do that when you are trailing this big. Lamb having this good of a season is kind of amazing having in mind how little they throw it. It's possible he's even better than people think he is now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Keep in mind that they are a heavily skewed running team. They are running something like... 61% of the snaps. It's incredibly hard to do that when you are trailing this big. Lamb having this good of a season is kind of amazing having in mind how little they throw it. It's possible he's even better than people think he is now. 

Yeah, true. Kind of like us in a way. Don’t we run the ball close to 60%? Like 58% or something?

I like Lamb a lot, and if he’s there and we’re for some reason not going QB, you’d probably have to take him. But as it stands, I’m more for drafting a WR in the 2nd.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Ballard watching this game has got to be thinking a ton about a new QB.

Ballard is watching a QB who resembles JB in a lot of aspects and a QB that resembles what he lost last season. I see no way he would be OK with the status quo. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Burrow is SO DAMN GOOD. I would practically sell the farm for him. I'd give up 3 1sts and both seconds this year to get him. 

Hmmmmm.  I am not saying Burrow isn't any good.  However,he is a transfer and a one year phenom.  I would be very cautious and I would not trade up for him.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ballard is watching a QB who resembles JB in a lot of aspects and a QB that resembles what he lost last season. I see no way he would be OK with the status quo. 

Feels like this offseason could be the biggest look into Ballard’s philosophy. I like Ballard, but for some reason I can’t shake the thought of him waiting to take a QB until the mid rounds. Like, even waiting until after Gordon is gone or something.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, true. Kind of like us in a way. Don’t we run the ball close to 60%? Like 58% or something?

I like Lamb a lot, and if he’s there and we’re for some reason not going QB, you’d probably have to take him. But as it stands, I’m more for drafting a WR in the 2nd.

No, Oklahoma is on a different level - we are about 50-50 and we are one of the highest run% teams in the league, the last I saw. Getting to 60% is not easy to do unless your QB contributes significantly to that number. Ravens are like that too... 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

No, Oklahoma is on a different level - we are about 50-50 and we are one of the highest run% teams in the league, the last I saw. Getting to 60% is not easy to do unless your QB contributes significantly to that number. Ravens are like that too... 

The difference with the Ravens is that they get single coverage on WRs most of the time because of the QB being able to run and if the QB is accurate enough, he hits on them more often. They leave guys unblocked on several runs and put the burden on Lamar to read the side where he has the OL numbers. When the QB can run and they leave guys unblocked that impact the play less, it is going to be difficult to overcome the numbers advantage.

36 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Yep....I remember teams offering the Colts similar draft hauls to Grigson to take Luck.

Luck had 4 great years of college. Burrow  is a transfer that did nothing at his previous college.  He is having a phenomenal year. However, if u were a gm would u trade away numerous picks for Burrrow? I wouldn't as I would want more on his resume

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Ah, yeah I see that now, Ravens are the only team  60%.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The difference with the Ravens is that they get single coverage on WRs most of the time because of the QB being able to run. They leave guys unblocked on several runs and put the burden on Lamar to read the side where he has the OL numbers. When the QB can run and they leave guys unblocked that impact the play less, it is going to be difficult to overcome the numbers advantage.

Yeah, I meant Ravens are like the NFL version of Oklahoma, not like us. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Luck had 4 great years of college. Burrow  is a transfer that did nothing at his previous college.  He is having a phenomenal year. However, if u were a gm would u trade away numerous picks for Burrrow? I wouldn't as I would want more on his resume

Didn't Carson Wentz have limited starting experience at the college level?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He had some great games last year too, but his consistency wasn't there. Seems like he's taken the next step now. I would have no problem with Ballard giving multiple picks for him. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

He had some great games last year too, but his consistency wasn't there. Seems like he's taken the next step now. I would have no problem with Ballard giving multiple picks for him. 

So lets say Burrows  has a horrible game against either Clemson or Ohio next week, would u still give up multiple picks??

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

So lets say Burrows  has a horrible game against either Clemson or Ohio next week, would u still give up multiple picks??

Yes. Any QB can have a horrible game... or a great game. His body of work this season has been exceptional. There is hardly anything he can do in the last game for me to not want him on this team. He's had amazing games against some of the best defenses in college - Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida... 

He lit all of them up. I cannot imagine a performance that will make me not want to trade up for him.