Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard at Peach Bowl

This game is filled with prospects to the point where I'm not sure it's even possible to watch most of them at the same time. There are some nice matchups to watch:

- LSU DBs vs Ceedee Lamb is a real nice one. Fulton is a potential 1st rounder, Stingley Jr is being touted as the best CB prospect since Ramsey. He's 18 and LSU's defensive coordinator is saying he's the best defender on their team right now. 

- Kenneth Murray(LB, Oklahoma) vs Clyde Edwards-Helaire(RB, LSU) and Moss(TE, LSU) is another interesting matchup

- Oklahoma OLine(Creed Humphrey)  vs LSU's rushers(Rashard Lawrence, K'Lavon Chaisson)

- Neville Gallimore(DL, Oklahoma) vs the LSU OLine (Lloyd Cushenberry, Damien Lewis. Adrian McGee)

-LSU's receivers are good, not sure Oklahoma have the DBs to hold them back. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised by a LSU blow out victory. Or at least a multiple score difference.

Yep, it will be very hard for Oklahoma to hold them back. BTW did you see Hurts hold the ball for ages on the very first snap... this is exactly what JB does too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep, it will be very hard for Oklahoma to hold them back. BTW did you see Hurts hold the ball for ages on the very first snap... this is exactly what JB does too. 

Hah I was just gonna say, already looking very JB esque. Tough matchup and all but I’m just not a big fan. 

Imagine Hurts taking those hits by NFL sized athletes. How long can he last like that? This is not a "this is important game, so I'm gonna sell out for those yards" situation, he takes those types of hits all the time and against all types of opponents. 

• Like 1

Give me Lamb (WR - Oklahoma) in R1

Give me Claypool (WR - Notre Dame) in R2/R3

Claypool is a beast.  Would give the Colts a formidable WR corps for years to come with Hilton, Campbell, Lamb, and Claypool.

Ballard and the staff have been scouting Claypool all year.  He's a monster ST player as well.  One of the highest-effort, hardest-edged competitors on ND's roster.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

Give me Lamb (WR - Oklahoma) in R1

Give me Claypool (WR - Notre Dame) in R2/R3

Claypool is a beast.  Would give the Colts a formidable WR corps for years to come with Hilton, Campbell, Lamb, and Claypool.

Ballard and the staff have been scouting Claypool all year.  He's a monster ST player as well.  One of the highest-effort, hardest-edged competitors on ND's roster.

What's impressive with Claypool is... when you realize he's huge and there is noone around him on so many throws. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Can't throw in the pocket, can't throw on the run... I hope all of the Hurts talk ends here after this game. 

Yeah. Good news is that Ballard is there to see it. Bad news is other GM’s will also see this game. Hopefully some team falls in love with his running ability.

Just now, stitches said:

This looks like a really strong class in the 1st round. REALLY strong altogether. There are a ton of blue chip prospects and at some potential superstars too... multiple of them... and a lot of them at premier positions. Wish we had another 1st rounder. 

Yeah, lucky Dolphins.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

This looks like a really strong class in the 1st round. REALLY strong altogether. There are a ton of blue chip prospects and at some potential superstars too... multiple of them... and a lot of them at premier positions. Wish we had another 1st rounder. 

We still could. Take the blue chip payer with the first pick and if Love is still there trade both seconds to move back up and pick him a couple spots later.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, lucky Dolphins.

Oakland has two picks also.

35 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

I would love if Ballard made these first three picks. 

R1 Ceedee Lamb (WR Oklahoma) 

R2 Jordan Love (QB Utah State) 

R2 Marvin Wilson (DT Florida State) 

I think we’d all live this scenario, but I don’t see Wilson lasting to the late 40’s. Think he gets drafted much, much higher.  Possibly first round,  and if not, then high in R2.

But your wish list would be a near dream scenario for the Colts. 

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Call me a bad fan if you want, but I want us to lose tomorrow. There is nothing positive that can come out of a win tomorrow. Noone cares if we are 8-8 or 7-9. The difference between pick 10 and pick 18 might be the difference between being able to get our QB of choice or not or a blue chip prospect or not.... 

Preach.

Reminds me of Holder trying to downplay the difference between drafting 10th and 18th recently

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

Call me a bad fan if you want, but I want us to lose tomorrow. There is nothing positive that can come out of a win tomorrow. Noone cares if we are 8-8 or 7-9. The difference between pick 10 and pick 18 might be the difference between being able to get our QB of choice or not or a blue chip prospect or not.... 

Heck, I said the same thing as last game. Nothing to be gained. At 6-10, you're looking at trade up striking distance.

And DAMN hasBurrows looked unstoppable.  Wame when he played Alabama. There is no chance we get him, I think.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, stitches said:

wanting what is best for the teams future will never make you a bad fan. our future is way more important than a meaningless win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

How’ve many would pull a mike Ditka and trade a entire draft for Burrow?lol

Selling the whole draft is really not that expensive... it's much cheaper than what I am willing to do. 

Example. Here's the value of our picks by the traditional chart:

16. 1000

34. 560

48. 420

80. 190

112. 76

143. 34.5

169. 23.8

175. 21.4

207 8.6

---------------------

This sums up to 2334.3

What I said above I'm willing to give up is 3 1st round picks(current + 2 future, and both 2nds this year)

This is the equivalent of 3x1000 +980(the 2 seconds) or about 4K value. 

So yeah. I would absolutely give up my entire draft... and then I will try to buy picks from other teams to fill the roster with youth on day 3. 

• Like 2