Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Where is Devin?

Rackeen305

4 hours ago, Rackeen305 said:

Where on earth is Devin Funchess? smh Can we honestly say that he played 1 season in Indianapolis? my gosh.

Perhaps you don’t visit the website much?   About 4-5 weeks ago the team announced they were going to let Devin practice with the hope he’d be able to play in December.

But after about 2-3 weeks they shut down Devin for the season.  Said his injury wasn’t healing as well as they hoped and didn’t want to risk further injury.   At that point,  Devin’s season was basically over.

Disappointing for everyone...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Perhaps you don’t visit the website much?   About 4-5 weeks ago the team announced they were going to let Devin practice with the hope he’d be able to play in December.

But after about 2-3 weeks they shut down Devin for the season.  Said his injury wasn’t healing as well as they hoped and didn’t want to risk further injury.   At that point,  Devin’s season was basically over.

Disappointing for everyone...

What does this mean regarding his signing? and what should the team do moving forward?

34 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

What does this mean regarding his signing? and what should the team do moving forward?

R.....

We’re all guessing.   I guess it means we’d offer another incentive loaded contract.    Would it be enough to re-sign him?   No way to know for sure, but I’d lean toward yes...  

I’m expecting the Colts to bring back Funchess and use one of their top-3 picks to draft a quality WR.   

On 12/27/2019 at 8:14 PM, DougDew said:

He's still under contract so there is an obligation to still look and act like a teammate.  Put up some effort to earn his money.

By contrast, I'm not sure where Ebron is.

I don’t think he is obligated to do anything, nor is EE. Just because you’re a Colt, I think volunteering is up to the player and how he wants to be perceived is up to them. He is a Colt still so he can be at the facility and on the sideline in street clothes or he can be in the clubs partying every Sunday while the colts are playing if he likes. Once you are IR, it’s your move.