Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Nadine

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, kornstar said:


To be fair, the GM and Coach have talked him up since last year as a franchise QB and most can see he isn’t so i understand why people are critical.

 

He is and will continue to be our QB1 so as fans we just need to support the team and hope the players around him can be improved to help him out. 

Franchise QB's help others improve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tried to be very patient with Brissett, giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially given how woeful the receiving corps ended up being, buuuuuut ...

 

If I am Irsay, I am sitting down with Ballard & Reich across my desk, telling them that “I understand it was a crappy hand we were dealt with Luck’s abrupt retirement and all of the injuries, but that you should be on notice that I the owner view the QB position as now being a problem, and outside of the running game, the offensive production as a whole was hugely disappointing.  Also, although the defence showed flashes, the defence was disappointing as well.  I expect to see appreciable progress in all aspects of the team next year.”

 

Any questions?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

I need to cleanse this by re-watching one of our wins.  What was best?  Kc?

KC was the best win, JB's best game was the Texans 1st game. Hey those were sweet happy homer simpson GIF

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Ok fellow fans, this has been a rough season for us... When it rained, poured. Luck's retirement, AV's strugles, key injuries...too much to overcome.

 

I don1t know what next season holds for Colts, but I'm not optimistic. Without a franchise QB this team won't go far next season either. There's a lot to improve/mend.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I noticed that about Reich weeks ago, a laid back, arm chair coach that's just not a good coach to me....I think it's time for changes in the coaching ranks......This team under perform despite Brissett's and the whole bunch ineffectiveness..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

I’ve tried to be very patient with Brissett, giving him the benefit of the doubt, especially given how woeful the receiving corps ended up being, buuuuuut ...

 

If I am Irsay, I am sitting down with Ballard & Reich across my desk, telling them that “I understand it was a crappy hand we were dealt with Luck’s abrupt retirement and all of the injuries, but that they should be on notice that I the owner view the QB position as now being a problem, and outside of the running game, the offensive production as a whole was hugely disappointing.  Also, although the defence showed flashes, the defence was disappointing as well.  I expect to see appreciable progress in all aspects of the team next year.”

 

Any questions?

Perhaps team ownership wants Brissett to be the QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HOZER said:


I don’t think the blame is solely on Brissett, but also don’t think that he’s the answer, not at all. No bueno.
 

Question: Hoyer is bad, many knew that before we signed him, but how can you say that Kelly is not a step up or equal? His preseason play was limited and against backups, I get that, but he was a pretty good qb in college when he played. What have you seen from his available tape that would make you say he’s worse then Brissett? Experience? Maturity? I’m just curious.

I dont think JB is long term answer either.  I think he can play better, but the accuracy thing scares me.

 

  As far as Kelly, if coaching thought he was better option, he’d be in.  I’m not big on “how do you know if you dont try” attitudes.  It tends to follow along with desperation.

just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kornstar said:


I agree with you there, Hoyer was the best available and we saw first hand how good he was.
 

I’m annoyed like most of us are but, Luck retiring pretty much set us up for this so i can’t say the season record is surprising and i can’t control it so I’m not going to tear every player down.

 

All we can hope is that Ballard sees what we all see and makes the required changes but ultimately as a fan we will still keep watching and supporting with whoever is at QB.

 

 

Thats really all we can do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Yep, I noticed that about Reich weeks ago, a laid back, arm chair coach that's just not a good coach to me....I think it's time for changes in the coaching ranks......This team under perform despite Brissett's and the whole bunch ineffectiveness..

I really think Frank is the least of our problems. Eventhough I still maintain that JB doesn't suck, he is average to above average so that is what we seen this year. He was 7-7 in the games he started and finished. He isn't a Luck so after watching Luck, JB will look like garbage to many. Understandable. 

 

I still like my Mock = first 3 picks as in:

Love QB

Gallimore DT

Gandy-Golden WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Jags no.91, Ballard please sign him 

 

$$$

 

31 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I want Ngakoue so bad lol

 

Massive pay coming. He rejected this extension earlier this year-

 

 

23 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We’ve never played well in Jacksonville and it continues even when they’re not good :( 

 

Last time we won, I was there with my wife (EverBank Field then) in 2014 and Chad Henne started for the Jags whiles the Colts jumped out to big first half lead. Blake Bortles came in after halftime, out ran Bjorn Werner's pursuit nearly every play and played the Colts quite well in second half. They've had our number there ever since.  :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

$$$

 

 

Massive pay coming. He rejected this extension earlier this year-

 

 

 

Last time we won, I was there with my wife (EverBank Field then) in 2014 and Chad Henne started for the Jags whiles the Colts jumped out to big first half lead. Blake Bortles came in after halftime, out ran Bjorn Werner's pursuit nearly every play and played the Colts quite well in second half. They've had our number there ever since.  :(

 

I'd pay him we are the team with the most cap arent we? atleast one of them I thought it was #1 tho. he is fantastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stitches said:

Depends on how some other games finish, but somewhere between 5 and 8 spots. 

Lost and gave up 38 to a team that hasn't scored more than 12 the last month fitting way for this team to end the year trash so for the backlash I got for saying Brissett is a bum well a week later he is still a bum.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have said this several times this season " I rank Jacoby average, to ABOVE average".  For the life of me, I cannot name a starting NFL QB that JB is better then?  This has been a very disappointing season, ending with an embarrassing loss.  We hung on to Vinny to long, costing us several wins, and Franks infatuation with JB, pretty much sealed the deal for this team.

 

If they trot out JB as our starting QB next season, game tickets will be plentiful, and dirt cheap.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really think Frank is the least of our problems. Eventhough I still maintain that JB doesn't suck, he is average to above average so that is what we seen this year. He was 7-7 in the games he started and finished. He isn't a Luck so after watching Luck, JB will look like garbage to many. Understandable. 

 

I still like my Mock = first 3 picks as in:

Love QB

Gallimore DT

Gandy-Golden WR

 

1 minute ago, ojsglove said:

You have said this several times this season " I rank Jacoby average, to ABOVE average".  For the life of me, I cannot name a starting NFL QB that JB is better then?  This has been a very disappointing season, ending with an embarrassing loss.  We hung on to Vinny to long, costing us several wins, and Franks infatuation with JB, pretty much sealed the deal for this team.

 

If they trot out JB as our starting QB next season, game tickets will be plentiful, and dirt cheap.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

 

 

I am already on record saying we should draft another QB. It is irrelevant but I can name 12 QB's or more that JB has been better than or just as good as. It is not like you can't make an argument for JB not being just as good if not better than these guys this year = Darnold, Fitzpatrick, Foles/Minshew, Mariota, Flacco, Mayfield, Dalton, Eli, Trubisky, Winston, whatever crap they have had in Carolina and in Washington. Put down your hate pipe for a minute and realize a lot of teams have average QB's and even worse than JB and have bad one's. 

 

If you break out the all 22 you will see all the QB's I named miss WR's down the field a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No hate pipe here brother, just stating the obvious.  With our Oline any of the QB'S you just mentioned would give us a better chance at winning then JB.  It's just not missing receivers down field, it's his inability to read the field, the ability to read his options, his touch, aka 200 mph screen passes.  I respect your opinion, but after watching this season, sticking with JB is a big mistake.  On a side note, JB is not the first pro athlete who performs lights out in practice, but cannot handle real game pressure.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am already on record saying we should draft another QB. It is irrelevant but I can name 12 QB's or more that JB has been better than or just as good as. It is not like you can't make an argument for JB not being just as good if not better than these guys this year = Darnold, Fitzpatrick, Foles/Minshew, Mariota, Flacco, Mayfield, Dalton, Eli, Trubisky, Winston, whatever crap they have had in Carolina and in Washington. Put down your hate pipe for a minute and realize a lot of teams have average QB's and even worse than JB and have bad one's. 

 

If you break out the all 22 you will see all the QB's I named miss WR's down the field a lot. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ojsglove said:

No hate pipe here brother, just stating the obvious.  With our Oline any of the QB'S you just mentioned would give us a better chance at winning then JB

 

I responded like I did because you said JB wasn't better than any other starter in the league. That is your opinion but I disagree. All the guys I named above would be lucky if they went 8-8 this season with our team. Yeah our Line is good but our defense gives up a ton of points and our WR core has been injured. Even TY missed 6 games.  JB isn't the answer but lets not get carried away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also had the worst kicking game in the league, A kicker can be a QB's best friend or his worst enemy. He can actually be the difference between a 6-10 season or a 10-6 season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Knuckles79 said:

Its laughable people that thinks he is more than a back up. He is what he is a backup. His stats are almost identical to his 2017 stats.  Scared to take a chance because he knows he can't accurately throw in tight windows.

He's awful. I mean , really bad.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We also had the worst kicking game in the league, A kicker can be a QB's best friend or his worst enemy. He can actually be the difference between a 6-10 season or a 10-6 season.

Yep, as I mentioned, we hung on to Vinny to long, and it cost us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carried away?  Not at all, brutally honest.

Just now, ojsglove said:

Carried away?  Not at all, brutally honest.

 

Just now, ojsglove said:

Carried away?  Not at all, brutally honest.

 

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I responded like I did because you said JB wasn't better than any other starter in the league. That is your opinion but I disagree. All the guys I named above would be lucky if they went 8-8 this season with our team. Yeah our Line is good but our defense gives up a ton of points and our WR core has been injured. Even TY missed 6 games.  JB isn't the answer but lets not get carried away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ojsglove said:

Carried away?  Not at all, brutally honest.

 

 

 

Carried away = saying he is the worst starter in the league. So yeah I think saying "carried away" was accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I responded like I did because you said JB wasn't better than any other starter in the league. That is your opinion but I disagree. All the guys I named above would be lucky if they went 8-8 this season with our team.

I think 8-8 or 9-7 would be fairly accurate.   Looking at the stats, overall it seems like JB comes in around 22-24 if ranking them.   If I factor in my "eye test" I put him around 26.   Nothing  scientific, just how I form my opinion.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...