Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

Nadine

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

The only problem is that it is not all on eberflus. Ballard want this scheme

I’m not sure Ballard wants this scheme for long term. I think the idea was to use this basic scheme to compete with young players and start incorporating other aspects of defense as they continue to build the roster and as the young players mature. It’s just not there yet... and the front 4 really isn’t close. Serious need up front in order to run any defense. Turay needs to make a solid comeback. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’m not sure Ballard wants this scheme for long term. I think the idea was to use this basic scheme to compete with young players and start incorporating other aspects of defense as they continue to build the roster and as the young players mature. It’s just not there yet... and the front 4 really isn’t close. Serious need up front in order to run any defense. Turay needs to make a solid comeback. 

I am sure it's what he wants.  He hired a lot of Seattle personnel people because of it

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not being negative here but I honestly think our pass defense has looked bad lately. We let average QB's torch us on a weekly basis. Tannehill/Winston/Minshew. Unless Leonard makes a great tackle or INT or Houston gets a key sack we can't stop most teams. We have more problems than just JB folks.

Turay going down really hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think you’re pretty much right. I don’t blame Flus too much for our defensive woes recently. They’re just super young.

I’ll admit I’m not as high on some of the younger guys.

1 minute ago, Knuckles79 said:

Can anyone that backs Jacoby Brissett please tell me what he does good? Accuracy cannot be taught you either have it or you don't he clearly doesn't! I was hopeful he would be the answer but he clearly isn't!

He isn't good , but it seems like the few games he has been on point the defense falls apart.  

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am sure it's what he wants.  He hired a lot of Seattle personnel people because of it

this isn’t what Seattle ran. They were predominantly a cover 1 and 3 defense... with a corner that could take one side of the field away, a defensive line that could generate front 4 pressure and the best FS in the game. if that is the vision, then I’m on board too. But this cover 2 soft defense is not the same...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

He isn't good , but it seems like the few games he has been on point the defense falls apart.  

Its laughable people that thinks he is more than a back up. He is what he is a backup. His stats are almost identical to his 2017 stats.  Scared to take a chance because he knows he can't accurately throw in tight windows.

2 minutes ago, Knuckles79 said:

Can anyone that backs Jacoby Brissett please tell me what he does good? Accuracy cannot be taught you either have it or you don't he clearly doesn't! I was hopeful he would be the answer but he clearly isn't!

I don't really back him (I just do not think he sucks either) he doesn't throw interceptions (I should say rarely doesn't throws them). That is a great thing. Do QB's like Winston, Darnold, Mayfield, Prescott, Carr, Rivers, and even Goff who all missed the playoffs suck? Winston is a guy that can throw for 300 yards game and some people in here would love him, OH Boy lmao - too bad the dude threw 30 INT's. Yeah that isn't winning anything.

I am on here a lot, I already said lets draft a QB. Can't go wrong doing so. If JB sucks as bad as many say than a rookie QB should be a huge upgrade and take us to 11-5 and the AFC Title Game. I will take that.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't really back him (I just do not think he sucks either) he doesn't throw interceptions (I should say rarely doesn't throws them). That is a great thing. Do QB's like Winston, Darnold, Mayfield, Prescott, Carr, Rivers, and even Goff who all missed the playoffs suck? Winston is a guy that can throw for 300 yards game and some people in here would love him, OH Boy lmao - too bad the dude threw 30 INT's. Yeah that isn't winning anything.

I am on here a lot, I already said lets draft a QB. Can't go wrong doing so. If JB sucks as bad as many say than a rookie QB should be a huge upgrade and take us to 11-5 and the AFC Title Game. I will take that.

He doesn't throw interception because he doesn't take any risk. Rarely does he throw to a covered reciever! Game manger for sure! I dont think he sucks he can win some games but dont think he wins many!

15 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

If D doesn't stiffens, we will lose this game. What sucks...

Our offense looks  crappy in the second half. Therefore our defense on the field much then they should be. It's amazing how one player can be so effective or divisive at the same time

1 minute ago, Knuckles79 said:

He doesn't throw interception because he doesn't take any risk. Rarely does he throw to a covered reciever! Game manger for sure! I dont think he sucks he can win some games but dont think he wins many!

I think we should take a QB like I said but I am not sold on anyone coming out this year being the answer either. I like Love and Eason but that is still a crapshoot guess. Burrow is going #1 so forget about him. 

2 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

Our offense looks  crappy in the second half. Therefore our defense on the field much then they should be. It's amazing how one player can be so effective or divisive at the same time

Yes, offense fell apart. We can't/shouldn't rely almost exclusively on runs. T.Y. makes plays, we should envolve him more.

Gotta laugh at the people talking like Ballard should have pulled an elite QB out of his butt when Luck retired.

JB has underperformed, yes, but if you think its his fault we are in this position, then you aren't paying attention.

Hoyer and Kelly ATE NOT a step up, or even equal.  Once again, pay attention.

Enough with the broken record “JB SUX.”  We heard it the 1st 100 times.
 Ballard will make a move when he should...... in the offseason.
bunch if whiners around here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we should take a QB like I said but I am not sold on anyone coming out this year being the answer either. I like Love and Eason but that is still a crapshoot guess. Burrow is going #1 so forget about him. 

I think your statement is accurate! That's the scary part. How long will it take to find someone better! 

• Like 1