Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

Nadine

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tampa and Chicago are both winning. If they both win colts are at worst the 16th pick in the draft.

Seeing that Miami and NE score has me laughing. KC is having trouble with Chargers too. Neither team wants that bye.

Crazy day today with byes and positioning on the line.  I agree, only the Saints are taking care of business.

Colts will win more and likely to finish 8-8 on the year. After a great decade from 2000-2009 that watched the Colts go 115-45 in the Regular Season and win a SB in 2006, with a win today the Colts will finish this decade (2010-2019) in the Regular Season at 83-77 = respectable, slightly above average but no SB wins. Here is too hoping 2020-2029 will be better than this last one. I am looking forward to Free Agency and the Draft.

I wish I had access to watch the game live on the App or .com.  I’m a STM from NW Indiana so I’m not technically in the “local market”.  Stinks being a STM but can’t watch away games.  Anyone here know of a way to watch live in my situation?  TIA

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots lost lmao . KC gets the #2 seed. Goodbye Patriots. 

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Hahahaha Miami beat NE...KC going to win so KC gets 2 seed. 

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

:rock:PATRIOTS LOSE AT HOME TO DOLPHINS :rock:

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

NE is finally done I think. That is embarrassing when you have everything to play for.

Pats lose!

That NE loss is more embarrassing then the colts loss to Miami. At least we used a backup QB.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Jameis just completed the impossible 30/30 feat! WOW! He threw a pick 6 in OT to end Bucs season. Very fitting. 

Omg Ha Ha.

7 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

My favorite day of the NFL season! Go Colts!

35% chance of rain at kickoff. Chances diminish as the game goes on. Temps in the mid 70's

Why is this your favorite day?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That is not what he was referring to nor his intention.  Even though Luck was drafted on Grigson's watch, that was Irsays pick from the start.
    • This is becoming a broader discussion than it was when I made my original comment. Mahomes isn't overcoming deficiencies at receiver because the Chiefs have good receivers. Much better receivers than the Colts. That's the comparison I was speaking to.   Of course Mahomes' greatness helps them overcome other deficiencies, and makes others mostly irrelevant (like run defense, for the reasons you stated). And of course the Chiefs are better with Mahomes than they would be with Rivers.   To the Manning era Colts, I think they are predecessor of the Mahomes Chiefs. Outscore them, then rush the passer. That's the same philosophy. One major difference is that this era is more kind to that philosophy, another is that the Chiefs have a really good interior pass rusher who is good against the run, and a really good edge, as opposed to two good edges who aren't very good against the run. Another difference is they've better embraced the philosophy, as it's been more firmly established than it was 10-15 years ago.
    • Four 1st rounders and a player?  I highly doubt that. If Ballard would have traded four first rounders and a player, he should have been fired on the spot, no questions ask. 
    • To use that as the standard, then what you are saying is that Grigson also got very good mileage from his draft picks (and FA signings I said) because we got into the playoffs every year that Luck was healthy, and I'm sure you don't want to go on the record around here saying that.
    • I remember him when I first became a Colt fan and dream season enroute to the SB III nightmare loss to the Joe Namath and the Jets.  Colts were huge 17 point favorites after blasting the Browns 34-0 in the NFC Championship.  The Browns was the team that handed the Colts the only loss 31-21, in their 13-1 season, when the started Johnny Unitas, coming off his elbow surgery as he threw 3 ints.  He road the bench until SB III when Morrai was messing up and almost brought the Colts back but the loss was NFL destiny and was a factor in the NFL/AFL merger as the AFL KC Chiefs beat the Vikings in SB IV, the merger occurred after that.    Orr was a solid dependable receiver and I too remember his waving his arms, being wide open for a sure TD on the flea flicker, but Morral threw the ball to the middle of the field to RB Jerry Hill which was intercepted. IMO the Colts drafted WR Ray Perkins #1 to replace Orr, similar style of play.   Perkins caught the long TD against the Raiders, from Unitas when we beat them in the AFC Championship enroute to SB V win over the Cowboys, 16-13.   Jimmy Orr, rest in peace.  Colt memories forever.
  • Members