Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

Nadine

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Tampa and Chicago are both winning. If they both win colts are at worst the 16th pick in the draft.

Seeing that Miami and NE score has me laughing. KC is having trouble with Chargers too. Neither team wants that bye.

Crazy day today with byes and positioning on the line.  I agree, only the Saints are taking care of business.

Colts will win more and likely to finish 8-8 on the year. After a great decade from 2000-2009 that watched the Colts go 115-45 in the Regular Season and win a SB in 2006, with a win today the Colts will finish this decade (2010-2019) in the Regular Season at 83-77 = respectable, slightly above average but no SB wins. Here is too hoping 2020-2029 will be better than this last one. I am looking forward to Free Agency and the Draft.

I wish I had access to watch the game live on the App or .com.  I’m a STM from NW Indiana so I’m not technically in the “local market”.  Stinks being a STM but can’t watch away games.  Anyone here know of a way to watch live in my situation?  TIA

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Patriots lost lmao . KC gets the #2 seed. Goodbye Patriots. 

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

Hahahaha Miami beat NE...KC going to win so KC gets 2 seed. 

1 minute ago, shakedownstreet said:

:rock:PATRIOTS LOSE AT HOME TO DOLPHINS :rock:

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

NE is finally done I think. That is embarrassing when you have everything to play for.

Pats lose!

That NE loss is more embarrassing then the colts loss to Miami. At least we used a backup QB.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Jameis just completed the impossible 30/30 feat! WOW! He threw a pick 6 in OT to end Bucs season. Very fitting. 

Omg Ha Ha.

7 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

My favorite day of the NFL season! Go Colts!

35% chance of rain at kickoff. Chances diminish as the game goes on. Temps in the mid 70's

Why is this your favorite day?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I tell you one thing.  I am much more confident in a victory than I was the first time around
    • That is a moving target.  We have no idea today which College QBs will even be in the draft.  We also don't know which ones might rise up from unexpected places.  The favorite for the Heisman wasn't on many people's radar just a couple months ago.     We also have no idea how our 4th round pick is performing.  We don't have a single hint even.  He could look like a washout or he could look like Mahommes Pt, 2.   Additionally, we have no idea what other QBs will be on the market for trade.  Would Matt Ryan be an option? Sam Darnold? etc. etc.  Those are just names we have no idea who will actually be available.  We also do not know for sure that Rivers will want to keep playing.  There's still at least 6 weeks to go.  Anything could happen.  Injury could quickly make him decide to move on.  He's never been hurt enough to miss a game.  A significant injury could make him pack it up.  We also don't know if he will hold up in general.  What if his arm fades significantly? It happens to the best.  Brady looked awful.  Manning got benched and barely made it through the playoffs his last year.  He was awful in the Super Bowl even though his defense won the game.     We just don't know what options we'll have or what the circumstances will be.  We may see a massive salary cap reduction and they may go with a cheaper option out of necessity.  We have a lot of young players that need to be resigned.  One year QB versus 8+ more years with a key young player can change things.     I am not anti Rivers, just the opposite.  I have said all year that when the oline was struggling early, his quick release made all the difference.  When people were calling for Jacoby, I said his slow release will no longer fly.   But I am also a realist.  We need a long term answer at QB.  Year to year is bad for everyone.  Each QB has pros and cons and we need to build a team that works with our QB's strengths.  I hope that Eason is thriving.   Otherwise, I hope we draft a young guy who is ready to go.  I am not a Darnold fan, but Ballard has a good track record at most positions.  Let's hope when he picks someone, whether it is Rivers or an unknown, they can keep this train rolling.  All that said, it is WAY too early to hitch the wagon for one last year with an immobile elderly RB.      
    • Sorry but that was funny. Lighten up Francis 
    • There are so many variables in football, that you have to pretty much go with points allowed and ypg, but even then things get convoluted.   High scoring teams tend to give up garbage points and yards.  Some defenses willingly allow yds between the 20s knowing their shells will minimize the possiblities of touchdowns.  Some offenses are really good at moving the ball between the 20s, but lack a playmaking touchdown producer.  I think the Colts suffer from this offensively.   I think it's hard to argue definitively.   What I see is an offense that has bascially had one poor game scoring wise v. Balt, and a couple of other weaker days v. Jax and maybe Cle, but I think it is better than significantly more than half the teams, and under the circumstances personnel wise I find it hard to validate the argument that the offense is not a good one overall.  
  • Members