Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Foles opportunity?

This is gonna sound really, really corny.  But as I was chasing down a theory, I wound up confronted by the possibility that Nick Foles could become available.  What?  Are you out of your socks?  Has your brain turned to jello pudding?

Hear me out.

As of right now, barring any dramatic draft order swaps, I believe that the Massive, Magical, Momentous Moment of the draft will be at Pick 5 - Miami.  Everyone and their mother knows that Miami intends to draft a QB.  Even my mother knows it, and she's 76.  SO!  Given that the Bengals will draft QB Joe Burrow at #1, any team who wants to draft Justin Herbert will need to trade up with either the Redskins, Giants, or Lions, none of which will draft a QB, in order to get in front of Miami, who would undoubtedly do it.

Who is our best contestant?

The Jaguars, who hold both the #6 and #20 picks.

The Jags are in free fall.  They just fired their GM.  They're about to clean house, and start over.  Or, start over as much as they can.  And that begs the question:  Will the new GM want to keep Foles, the product of the previous GM's negotiating, or will he want to get someone fresh and new?  And if he does make the trade, and grabs the QB, will he want to keep Foles?  Is Foles gonna find his way onto the market?  And if so, would his previous QB coach, who won a superbowl with him, have an interest?

I could see the jags wanting a QB. Minshew started the season pretty good but like Jacoby has not played well since taking back over for Foles. Personally I think they will upgrade the oline ect and probably keep Foles and see what happens.  Foles os one guy with his history with Reich I think would fit into the locker room. I don’t think anything will happen with any veteran QB until after the draft.  I think we would rather start with a draft pick of our own. But if it doesn’t work out in the draft maybe we find a way to make a move.