Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

12/26 Mock Draft- Sticking with JB

Do you like the Mock Draft  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the direction of the Mock Draft?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you like the QB that I selected?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you accept this kind of draft from Ballard (No QB early in the draft)?

• Yes
    • No

Below is my mock draft that I completed.  This is with the Colts deciding to go all in with JB this year.  Although, I was able to draft a QB late that I really like and you could let him compete with JB in camp.  He could be your starter in a few years.

34 Julian Okwara, EDGE  Notre Dame

48 Jared Pinkney, TE  Vanderbilt

80 Cam Akers, RB  Florida State

112 Jordan Elliott, IDL  Missouri

143 Michael Pittman Jr., WR  USC

175 Robert Hunt, IOL Louisiana

185 Anthony Gordon, QB  Washington State

207 Jonathan Garvin, EDGE  Miami

Thoughts?

Wheres the first pick? lol I'm not sure Anthony Gordon is going to drop that low with the recent success of Minshew coming out of Leaches system and having success. The guy put up huge numbers but its an air raid system and from the sounds of it he's not a very strong leader and not a guy that people rally behind. Id rather keep Kelly over him. I also dont like taking a WR so late.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

If, Ballard drafts an “Edge” early, it basically would mean he’s given up on Turay and Banogu IMO. 

With Turray having a killer year prior to his injury i dont see it happening, don't forget about the mythical Lewis. You cant let guys develop if you just keep drafting the same position again and again and not letting them have any playing time.

42 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Again, QB is of the utmost priority on the upcoming draft, otherwise you're stuck with another mediocre season at best...

Not really, this team still has many holes to fill, if we don’t go for a QB we would be filling those up for the QB we would draft in 2021. I really hope that is what happens for the draft

• Like 1

I'm old. Been a Colts fan since 1970. Here's what I know from watching football for nearly 50 years. QB is the MOST important position. The Colts wandered in the losing wilderness for 20 years between Bert Jones and Peyton Manning. There were flameouts --- trading Elway, drafting Schlicter, drafting George. There were years of Chandlers, Trudeaus, Pagels --- and always, losing. We got one great year with a slightly above average QB, Harbaugh.

But you want sustained winning? You need a really good QB. You are always looking for a QB.

Draft one high. Don't count on getting lucky. I'd be knocking on Luck's door. If it's shut I'd be drafting one. One that can throw. I like Brissett, but you can't win in the NFL throwing for less than 200 yards a game.

I like Eason's arm. Love is physically impressive. I think Fromm could be better if he stepped through his throws instead of winging it off his back foot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1. Do you like the direction of the Mock Draft? NO! I think we need to get the successor to Jacoby in this year's draft and by that I don't mean wild shots on late round QB. We need to get a talented QB we believe in in the building and start preparing him for his role as the future QB for this team ASAP. IMO postponing that decision one year is a bad decision. 

2. Do you like the QB that I selected? At that point of the draft I like him. I don't think he will be available there. He's still a wild card rather than someone you can rely on being the next QB of the Colts. This is the type of QB you take a shot on once you already have your franchise QB. The type that you draft and hope to become a cheap backup.

3. Would you accept this kind of draft from Ballard (No QB early in the draft)? I would accept it but I wouldn't like it. 

• Like 2

Here would be my top 3 picks:

16. Jordan Love QB - Big and strong, (6'4 230) has good accuracy down the field. 64% Comp last season, 62% this season. Some of the throws I have seen him made with my eye test has me impressed. He should be there at 16. Just stay off the weed.

34. Neville Gallimore DT - Good against the run and pass, guy is a beast at 6'2 305. Should be there at 34. We need someone like this badly!

48. Antonio Gandy- Golden WR- 6'4 220, 4.5 speed. He will be there at 48 IMO and could be the hidden gem we need at WR. Great size, good speed. Thinking outside the box baby!

I like JB but if we draft Love, that gives JB competition and who knows maybe he will pan out? If not we still have JB until 2021. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here would be my top 3 picks:

16. Jordan Love QB - Big and strong, (6'4 230) has good accuracy down the field. 64% Comp last season, 62% this season. Some of the throws I have seen him made with my eye test has me impressed. He should be there at 16. Just stay off the weed.

34. Neville Gallimore DT - Good against the run and pass, guy is a beast at 6'2 305. Should be there at 34. We need someone like this badly!

48. Antonio Gandy- Golden WR- 6'4 220, 4.5 speed. He will be there at 48 IMO and could be the hidden gem we need at WR. Great size, good speed. Thinking outside the box baby!

Like your thinken!!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Could there possibly be say a second or third round pick at QB that nobody is talking about that ballard puts a round one grade on and gets them later. Ballard is a great talent evaluator. 

Hurts has been one up and down the board. Could change if he wins tomorrow. Read some analysis that he runs too often but has good speed n quickness, inaccuracy. Very similar to L Jacksons. Hurts isnt quite as fast though. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Hurts has been one up and down the board. Could change if he wins tomorrow. Read some analysis that he runs too often but has good speed n quickness, inaccuracy. Very similar to L Jacksons. Hurts isnt quite as fast though. 

I think I would skip a guy like that. As fun as Jackson is to watch I wouldn’t want one like that because their careers will probably be short.

I thought I read something about the Michigan QB. Or this Jamie Newman kid. Huntley is getting some buzz. I think the kid from Stanford is going back to school. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:01 PM, Chloe6124 said:

I think I would skip a guy like that. As fun as Jackson is to watch I wouldn’t want one like that because their careers will probably be short.

I thought I read something about the Michigan QB. Or this Jamie Newman kid. Huntley is getting some buzz. I think the kid from Stanford is going back to school. 

if you add talent at take a QB mid round i'd take a flyer on Huntley he can play has great feet and a good arm. Lamar Jackson is going to force people to take note of more play makers at the position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 8:43 PM, waka waka said:

if you add talent at take a QB mid round i'd take a flyer on Huntley he can play has great feet and a good arm. Lamar Jackson is going to force people to take note of more play makers at the position.

Huntley is one I'd look at mid rounds especially if CB chooses to go with a WR or pass rusher in the first round. Could be a steal.