Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Got a Brissett Jersey for Christmas

Stephen

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

cause you were his biggest fan half the year 

Yea but  will probably  need another  one soon. Still have a Luck Jersey  and haven't  wore since  he retired  and who knows how long Brissett  will be around 

• Like 1

Trashing our own players......

On Christmas!   While the players are practicing and away from their families?!?   Now THERE’S a good look for the fan base!!

Just par for the course for way too many here.....

And  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you too!  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm a Jazz fan in the NBA and I got a Dante Exum jersey when people were turning against Exum for the first time several years ago. I thought, I'd show support when everybody is doubting him and I'm gonna be able to say "I told you so" when he turns into a star. Well, that didn't go well. 

Anyways, here's to hoping your gift retains its value much better than mine did:cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

On Christmas!   While the players are practicing and away from their families?!?   Now THERE’S a good look for the fan base!!

Away from there family? They don't wake up at home with their family, and get to go home to their family after practice? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

NCF I love you man, but these guys are making millions while practicing away from their families, lol, I’m guessing their families are too occupied with all their Lavish gifts to  be sad, just a guess. It'd be different if they were service members or something.

Go to Spotrac.com.   About a dozen or so are making millions.   The rest are not.

And besides....  it misses the point.  No one is complaining about practice on a holiday...   not the players, or their families...   or me.

I was complaining about the fan base criticizing the players on a day like today.   Can’t we even take a break for a day?   Hit the pause button for a day?

We can go back to business as usual tomorrow....    really, that’s all I was trying to say....

• Thanks 2

Almost 99% probability IMHO that Brissett starts game 1 next year.  Nothing we can reasonably acquire in the offseason has that great a chance to be better than he is.

If we do replace Brissett, I'd like it to be by draft, and if it is by draft, then the Colts would be wise to let the new QB understudy for a year before throwing him into the fire.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Go to Spotrac.com.   About a dozen or so are making millions.   The rest are not.

And besides....  it misses the point.  No one is complaining about practice on a holiday...   not the players, or their families...   or me.

I was complaining about the fan base criticizing the players on a day like today.   Can’t we even take a break for a day?   Hit the pause button for a day?

We can go back to business as usual tomorrow....    really, that’s all I was trying to say....

Ok sorry millions, hundreds of thousands, and thousands, you knew what I meant. And they signed up for it knowing the consequences......

I wouldn’t expect anything different today on here then any other day, it’s a discussion forum, and a lot of people are not happy with our QB situation. Heck there could be more bashing on a day like today when many have the day off of work and can let the world know how they really feel after drinking some of grandpas eggnog, lol.  Not everyone treats today as a special day either, you of all people should know that, with you journalist background. There are some HARSH editorials out there today concerning many people. JMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOZER said:

Ok sorry millions, hundreds of thousands, and thousands, you knew what I meant. And they signed up for it knowing the consequences......

I wouldn’t expect anything different today on here then any other day, it’s a discussion forum, and a lot of people are not happy with our QB situation. Heck there could be more bashing on a day like today when many have the day off of work and can let the world know how they really feel after drinking some of grandpas eggnog, lol.  Not everyone treats today as a special day either, you of all people should know that, with you journalist background. There are some HARSH editorials out there today concerning many people. JMO.

By HARSH editorials, I assume you mean politics?    And I’d much prefer a day off from that as well, really I would.

But these are strange and bizarre times we're living in and very few of the norms that decent society lives in have been thrown in the crapper.   That’s where we are as a country.

If that’s NOT what you meant, then sorry...   I misunderstood. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

By HARSH editorials, I assume you mean politics?    And I’d much prefer a day off from that as well, really I would.

But these are strange and bizarre times we're living in and very few of the norms that decent society lives in have been thrown in the crapper.   That’s where we are as a country.

If that’s NOT what you meant, then sorry...   I misunderstood. 

Nailed it. I will definitely not get into a political discussion, not only because it’s against the rules, but because I am really over the mess our country is in at the moment.I agree  It would be great if everyone could get along at least for a day, lol. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The internet has taken away consequences for trashing people. It happens so frequently now, that it considered the norm. There is no respect, and that is sad. 

Merry Christmas Jacoby and family. Thanks for doing your best for the Colts franchise. 

JB led us to a .500 season and the dude is a beast at 6'5 230. He looks like a mean lumberjack lmao. I like him. Is he a franchise QB, maybe not but we don't know yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Reich gave them the day off

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I doubt these guys are practicing on christmas day let alone for 8 hours. 

I wouldnt call having to get a new QB Jersey In the near future trash talk either. 

To each their own. 

4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

I doubt these guys are practicing on christmas day let alone for 8 hours. 

I wouldnt call having to get a new QB Jersey In the near future trash talk either. 

To each their own. 

You may be right.   Another poster told me Frank gave the players the day off. 

I guess I must be showing my age.   I must be too old school.  Once upon a time, Xmas during the week meant nothing.   Players practiced just the same, just as hard.   It was brutal.

Perhaos those things are changing for the better?   I sure hope so.....

Thanks.....