Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The loss to Pittsburgh cost us the playoffs

coltsorioles

The colts would be controlling their own destiny next week had they beaten the Steelers. Controversial call right before half that cost them 3 points. And on last drive on the punt.  It's so frustrating seeing possibly the worst offense in the history of football that makes the playoffs in the Steelers

3 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

The colts would be controlling their own destiny next week had they beaten the Steelers. Controversial call right before half that cost them 3 points. And on last drive on the punt.  It's so frustrating seeing possibly the worst offense in the history of football that makes the playoffs in the Steelers

Well more than just that game cost us playoffs like losing to Dolphins and the two divisional losses just ended any chance we had.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, coltsorioles said:

We had plenty of losses that could’ve and maybe even should’ve been wins this year.  As others have already noted...    the loss to Miami with Hoyer as the QB. 

Our loss to Pittsburgh does not have to get singled out. 

Or the loss to the Raiders, Texans, Titans, Chargers, Saints, Dolphins, or Bucs.  

The real story is the Colts had second half leads or were in overtime in all of those games but two.  The inability to finish (a problem that has plagued Brissett for both years he started) cost the Colts the playoffs.

Special teams was a significant part of our losses - Chargers game, Steelers game, Dolphins game, Titans game all come to mind with PATs, FGs missed or blocked. Every game, when PATs or FGs are missed, it was like handing back the momentum to the other team to the point that it deflated our offense.

Then, the injuries happened and our offense took a nose dive as well with sub-par QB play. 

Steelers game let me know the Colts didn’t have the chops for playoff ball this season.  I wrote them off after that game.  That said...there were several winnable games that cost this team.  Oakland, Miami, Tampa Bay, etc.  Just not the Colts year.  And I doubt the sorry Steelers make the playoffs themselves this season. If they do luck into it then they won’t get past the first round. 

15 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

As bad as Brisset was late in the year, if he played the full game against the Steelers and then the Dolphins, we win those two and are going for 10-6 on Sunday and the playoffs.

I'll say that your idea isn't crazy.   Not probable either.   Brissett usually played close games and rarely dominated.  So I think both the Steelers and Dolphins would have been 50/50. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'll say that your idea isn't crazy.   Not probable either.   Brissett usually played close games and rarely dominated.  So I think both the Steelers and Dolphins would have been 50/50. 

I think even the JB haters or should I use word 'dislikers' would even say we beat Miami if he plays. The Pitt game would've been like 50/50 IMO

• Like 1