Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the story with Jonathan Williams?

Pacergeek

After back to back 100 yard rushing games, in which Williams looked outstanding, he was benched mid game for inferior RB's. I also believe Mack isn't 100 %, which makes the benching more of a head scratcher. Frank has not explained what has led to the seemingly permanent and random benching. Was this a disciplinary action, or was I enchanted watching Williams torch defenses two weeks in a row. 

7 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

After back to back 100 yard rushing games, in which Williams looked outstanding, he was benched mid game for inferior RB's. I also believe Mack isn't 100 %, which makes the benching more of a head scratcher. Frank has not explained what has led to the seemingly permanent and random benching. Was this a disciplinary action, or was I enchanted watching Williams torch defenses two weeks in a row. 

I think Frank wants a RB in the backfield that knows how to block and or pick up a blitz. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Just out of touch with reality me thinks.

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s the fourth running back.  The three above him on the depth chart are healthy.  The end.

you have to love the Colts way of sticking to the plan. If you make the 53 man roster at the bottom of the depth chart at any position, there is nothing you can do to raise your positioning.

Stick to it until it works or try something next year. Its like "we keep chopping wood".

No wonder New England or anybody else for that matter field better teams year after year.

• Thanks 2

He can run. But in the modern NFL, a RB has to block. He has to catch the ball. Williams was sent a major message. He's still on the team; he still has the chance to shine. But he has to put the time in to improve. No improvement, no job next year. Improve, and show you've dead serious about it,  and you'll get another contract. 

8 hours ago, MCurtis32 said:

you have to love the Colts way of sticking to the plan. If you make the 53 man roster at the bottom of the depth chart at any position, there is nothing you can do to raise your positioning.

Stick to it until it works or try something next year. Its like "we keep chopping wood".

No wonder New England or anybody else for that matter field better teams year after year.

So does New England or anybody else raise a RBs value if he can't learn to block or pick up a blitz? 

Williams has yet to show if he can improve in that area thus the reason we don't see him on the field.

The only reason we did see him on the field was because of injuries, not because he earned a higher spot.