Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we really want to WIN this one

boo2202

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They sucked all year?

Really?

Did they suck when they were 5-3 and people here were talking playoffs?   Did we suck when we beat the Chiefs on SNF in KC?

Sometimes I wonder.... 

Yep.....lots of Captain Hindsights....and those who generally never post unless it's negative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

They sucked all year?

Really?

Did they suck when they were 5-3 and people here were talking playoffs?   Did we suck when we beat the Chiefs on SNF in KC?

Sometimes I wonder.... 

Actually we were 5-2 my friend :thmup: and this is may be the only fanbase where we can win 38-6 and JB still gets bashed. You and I said 8-8, we are on cue. JB is no Andrew, but who is. With Andrew we may have went 12-4 this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's easy to be torn in our situation. People hate losing, but improved draft position is better for the team long term.

The only true positive out of this game was Hines. He can build off that. Mack getting to 1000 was nice, but I'd have been fine with him hitting it and losing, or him hitting it next week. The D playing good vs a rook/3rd stringer in his first ever game was nice, but almost meaningless. The big topic (passing game) still remains the big topic. It was another poor game, and the "new wrinkles" were a big meh.

So far (early games done), we've moved from 14th to 15th. Hopefully the Eagles and Raiders win. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's easy to be torn in our situation. People hate losing, but improved draft position is better for the team long term.

The only true positive out of this game was Hines. He can build off that. Mack getting to 1000 was nice, but I'd have been fine with him hitting it and losing, or him hitting it next week. The D playing good vs a rook/3rd stringer in his first ever game was nice, but almost meaningless. The big topic (passing game) still remains the big topic. It was another poor game, and the "new wrinkles" were a big meh.

So far (early games done), we've moved from 14th to 15th. Hopefully the Eagles and Raiders win. 

Yeah, its tough to be mad at winning this game. Even though it will likely cost us 7-10 picks by the end of it. From being top 10 to 15-18.

A lot easier to be mad about the missed opportunities we had this year.

Washington pick will be top 4 in 2nd round, hopefully 2nd.

• Like 1

I was glad to see the Colts win in the fashion they did: elements besides JBs arm.

My concern was JB would throw for 400 yards and 4 TDS, solidifying his “starter”

position next year. 
  At very least, we know we have a punt returner next year that can take it to the house.

• Like 2

I think we will drop below loser of Dal/Phi game and Bears if they lose to KC. 

So will be at #17 by end of day I believe.

#9/#10-#17

I would say that's a costly win. Hurts in every round.

I fully expect to win next week as well.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yeah, its tough to be mad at winning this game. Even though it will likely cost us 7-10 picks by the end of it. From being top 10 to 15-18.

A lot easier to be mad about the missed opportunities we had this year.

Washington pick will be top 4 in 2nd round, hopefully 2nd.

With the loss today, Washington at worst will be 5th/37th. But Yup, hoping  they'll end up 2nd/34th.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I think we will drop below loser of Dal/Phi game and Bears if they lose to KC. 

So will be at #17 by end of day I believe.

#9/#10-#17

I would say that's a costly win. Hurts in every round.

I fully expect to win next week as well.

We have the 34th pick after the WA loss today. We have plenty of resources to move up if we need to. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We have the 34th pick after the WA loss today. We have plenty of resources to move up if we need to. 

Yes, but to move up to 4 or 5ish (from 10ish), would have only required one of our 2nd rounders. Moving up from 17ish will likely require both. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yes, but to move up to 4 or 5ish (from 10ish), would have only required one of our 2nd rounders. Moving up from 17ish will likely require both. 

I've pretty much ruled out any of the top 3 QB's now.

It does give us additional options now though.

Can take BPA with 1st, or trade back and take a QB and accumulate more picks.

Or we can trade up in the 20's and draft QB, or stay put at Washington's spot.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

If we like one of the QBs I think you pay the price to move up regardless of price (unless it was just really ridiculous).

11 minutes ago, w87r said:

We can get a top 3 if we wanted to by packaging our first 3 picks. 

Also, Love will likely be the 4th QB taken, and that's where most of the noise is at.

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

If we like one of the QBs I think you pay the price to move up regardless of price (unless it was just really ridiculous).

I agree, but I just dont see it at the moment. See where it plays out next week. I will take a closer look once some of this dust settles.

I imagine off top off head we could pick anywhere from 12/13 to 18/19.

I think we win next week though.

To get one of those top 3 QB's I would think need to be in top 5.

#5 value - 1700

#17 value - 950

So we would need to another mod first value to the deal.

#34 - 560

#49 - 410

2021 1st - 420

Would probably be either

#17, #34 and #49

Or

#17, #49(maybe #34 instead), 2012 1st

To get into top 5.

I probably would do it for Herbert, tbh.

We won a game today convincingly thanks to Hines and his ST teammates along with the running game and the defense playing so well.  But JB had another tough outing and Ballard and Reich can't be happy about that.  As much as they support him and want him to succeed I think his continued lack of production is really reinforcing the fact that we need to bring in a new QB for next year.  He is just not making the throws a franchise QB needs to make.  He is leaving them no choice but to look at other alternatives. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Look I get it “You play to win the game”. But taking another L in this lost season, would be better for us. We could legitimately jump from pick 14 to inside the top 10. 

Jets 5-9

falcons 5-9

Jaguars 5-9

chargers 5-9

panthers 5-9 

broncos 5-9

Many of these teams rather play each other or play games that are winnable. I’m not one that believes that winning these last two games will do anything for us next year. But losing the next two could put us into position to get a blue chip player without using other picks to trade up and acquire. I would rather be able to get our guy without giving away our second round picks. Either way win or lose, go colts.

no wrong. Look at the Pats they have drafted 25 or lower pretty much every year since 00

Meaningless game? 

I was one of 50,000 + fans at the game today. I paid good money and traveled far to watch the players I support week in and week out play their guts out, and they did. It wasn’t meaningless to me. 

I saw a lot of families with young kids at the game today, going crazy every time the Colts made a play. It wasn’t meaningless to them. It was a childhood memory.

I met a nice young couple attending their first Colts game. They were super excited. It wasn’t meaningless to them. It was a lasting memory of their relationship. 

The only “instant gratification” from winning today, is in knowing the players and coaches care as much about winning as the fans do. It’s knowing they will compete and give 100 freaking percent every time they take the field. 

For those that want the team to lose for a better draft position (notice I didn’t say for a better draft pick), I find it amusing that all you seem to care about is the long term, which is never guaranteed. 

If the Colts came out today and played a lackluster game, they would have lost a lot more than a game. They would have lost the respect of a lot of people in the stands and watching at home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am not overly worried about the Colts draft position.  It’s not like they lost out on the top pick and cost themselves the next Peyton Manning or something.  Yes I know some people have their hearts set on the Colts taking a QB in the first round next hear but I don’t think that was ever going to be the Colts plan for better or worse.  I think they are more likely to start looking at QBs in the 2nd or 3rd round.  I think they are comfortable with the idea of letting Jacoby start next season while they let the young kid develop.  I think they would be interested in seeing if the problem is really Jacoby or the fact all his main weapons are hurt.  I think they would also be willing to make a QB switch next season if that answer is it’s Jacoby.  

Just for the record I do think the problem is Jacoby but I don’t think the Colts are sold on that.   

So back to the draft.  Unless you are talking about the very top of the draft I don’t think where you pick after that is a huge deal in the first round.  If you have a good GM, which I think the Colts do, you should be able to find a player that helps your team anywhere in the first round.  For example Polian found Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Sanders, Adlai, and, Jackson with mid to late first rounders or in Sanders case a second rounder.  Two of that guys are probably going to the Hall of Fame and three of them were key players in the Super Bowl run with two of them making the plays to seal the AFCCG. The other was key part to the offense for many years.

So sure it would be nice to have a higher pick but I don’t think it’s the end of the World if Ballard is good at his job which I think he is.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

They sucked all year?

Really?

Sometimes I wonder.... 

anytime the games were important they definitely played terrible they always do but hell yeah we play great after elimination lol

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

anytime the games were important they definitely played terrible they always do but hell yeah we play great after elimination lol

Recommendation:   Try not to deal in absolutes like always or never.   

So when you write “they always do” that’s false.   Unless the team is among the worst in football, teams rarely do anything on an always or never basis. 

If this game didn't cement the fact that Brissett needs to go I don't know what will. 119 passing yards against a team that didn't play hard? 14 of 27 for 119 yards that's mindnumbingly bad. Great performance today, glad we won, you always want to win, playing for better draft position is ridiculous. Dline, db, og are the 3 biggest needs. On a side note did anyone notice how well Haeg did at left guard today?