Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we really want to WIN this one

boo2202

Look I get it “You play to win the game”. But taking another L in this lost season, would be better for us. We could legitimately jump from pick 14 to inside the top 10. 

Jets 5-9

falcons 5-9

Jaguars 5-9

chargers 5-9

panthers 5-9 

broncos 5-9

Many of these teams rather play each other or play games that are winnable. I’m not one that believes that winning these last two games will do anything for us next year. But losing the next two could put us into position to get a blue chip player without using other picks to trade up and acquire. I would rather be able to get our guy without giving away our second round picks. Either way win or lose, go colts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Players play to win, they do not worry about draft position 

Correct. I’m sure JB hears the chatter about possibly drafting a QB. Ty hearing it also about the need for a stud WR. I have a feeling we’ll see a spirited effort from the team today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boo2202 said:

Correct. I’m sure JB hears the chatter about possibly drafting a QB. Ty hearing it also about the need for a stud WR. I have a feeling we’ll see a spirited effort from the team today. 

Ya but can we stop Christian M. today that's is the panthers best player by a wide margin and at this point what does it really matter.

They spent the last 6 weeks losing.. Of course they'd show up today, when draft position is a far greater concern to the future of the team than a week 16 contest, for nothing (don't let mindless coach speak taint the truth here, this game doesn't matter-at all).

This team needs a QB and drafting in the middle of the pack is going to make getting a guy who can do the job less likely, not that it's super clear or likely that it happens irrespective. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They spent the last 6 weeks losing.. Of course they'd show up today, when draft position is a far greater concern to the future of the team than a week 16 contest, for nothing (don't let mindless coach speak taint the truth here, this game doesn't matter-at all).

This team needs a QB and drafting in the middle of the pack is going to make getting a guy who can do the job less likely, not that it's super clear or likely that it happens irrespective. 

that's what is so annoying about this team they suck all year til the get eliminated and then the very next game they play all out like fools 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

don't let mindless coach speak taint the truth here, this game doesn't matter-at all)

I disagree. The Colts are 6-1 over the last 7 games. Winning now is a far more important event than 5 spaces higher in the draft 5 months from now.

This game might not matter to you, but I'll guarantee you that it mean a hell of a lot to the men on that team. Every single one of them and every coach is playing for their contractual lives. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

I disagree. The Colts are 6-1 over the last 7 games. Winning now is a far more important event than 5 spaces higher in the draft 5 months from now.

This game might not matter to you, but I'll guarantee you that it mean a hell of a lot to the men on that team. Every single one of them and every coach is playing for their contractual lives. 

They should have played like it's their contractual lives the last 5 games and made the playoffs......

4 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

The Colts are 6-1 in the last 7?

Well you're right about one thing.. it doesn't matter to me what happens here and I'm not interested in getting defensive on their behalf, especially after that 6-1 stretch.. or whatever the record really is. I can also go through the history of the Colts in the last decade or so and ask you about all of your favorite moments from for example, the Chuck Pagano years of going 8-8 and how much you recall of the games when the team was out of contention. It doesn't matter at all. What does matter is the future. Not even kind of complicated and totally not worth getting defensive over.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

The Colts are 6-1 in the last 7?

Well you're right about one thing.. it doesn't matter to me what happens here and I'm not interested in getting defensive on their behalf, especially after that 6-1 stretch.. or whatever the record really is. I can also go through the history of the Colts in the last decade or so and ask you about all of your favorite moments from for example, the Chuck Pagano years of going 8-8 and how much you recall of the games when the team was out of contention. It doesn't matter at all. What does matter is the future. Not even kind of complicated and totally not worth getting defensive over.

All good, It's just that I feel that every win is important. 

1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Who is we? I don't see a franchise in the draft other than the likely #1 pick. 

Colts ... I don't know if there is a Qb they have their eye on or not, but it would suck to miss out on him (or any other top player they may want) because we won a meaningless game.  We are beating up on a team that has already checked out ... big deal.

5 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Look I get it “You play to win the game”. But taking another L in this lost season, would be better for us. We could legitimately jump from pick 14 to inside the top 10. 

Jets 5-9

falcons 5-9

Jaguars 5-9

chargers 5-9

panthers 5-9 

broncos 5-9

Many of these teams rather play each other or play games that are winnable. I’m not one that believes that winning these last two games will do anything for us next year. But losing the next two could put us into position to get a blue chip player without using other picks to trade up and acquire. I would rather be able to get our guy without giving away our second round picks. Either way win or lose, go colts.

Of course we desperately needed to lose.
But it is a very good thing to win at home to sooth the people that have paid the outrageous prices to attend. 

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Of course we desperately needed to lose.
But it is a very good thing to win at home to sooth the people that have paid the outrageous prices to attend. 

Even if I had paid to go to this game I would still want a loss ... a good game that ended in a loss would have been fine ... If I had had tickets for this game I would have rather watched Chad Kelly.

6 minutes ago, esmort said:

Yes immediate gratification is always better than long term benefit.

It isn't but lets be real, it is not like if we lose Andrew Luck would be there for us to draft. I mean people are in love with Jordan Love for cry and out loud and he is far from a sure thing. This isn't 2011 where we were 0-10 and winning made no sense when Andrew was waiting to be drafted at #1.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

But it means so much for Brissett's psychological development so he can be QB for next year olso.:Cry:

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It isn't but lets be real, it is not like if we lose Andrew Luck would be there for us to draft. I mean people are in love with Jordan Love for cry and out loud and he is far from a sure thing. This isn't 2011 where we were 0-10 and winning made no sense when Andrew was waiting to be drafted at #1.

Doesn't matter if there is a Luck caliber QB available or not ... we need a QB, and there is a good chance we will likely to take a shot at one in the draft regardless.  So winning this meaningless game could mean either the QB that would have dropped now doesn't and now we either don't get him or we have to pay more to move up.  I just don't see the upside to winning meaningless games when having a higher draft pick is more valuable especially with our needs and where we could have been picking.  And as a bonus we sent another QB needy team higher as we went lower.  But we won against a team that just fired it's coach, is using it's 3rd string QB,  and has nothing to play for ... yay!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

that's what is so annoying about this team they suck all year til the get eliminated and then the very next game they play all out like fools 

They sucked all year?

Really?

Did they suck when they were 5-3 and people here were talking playoffs?   Did we suck when we beat the Chiefs on SNF in KC?

Sometimes I wonder.... 

• Thanks 1