Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapport: Colts expected to be in QB Market after talks with irsay

csmopar

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Actually no we wouldn’t. If we had won those two games we either would of clinched today or at least next week. We are basically going to miss the playoffs by one game.

It would still have come down to next week. We would have to win or else it would go to TBs with TN if they win. And if we ended up with the same record, I believe they would win on "common games" as our div and conf W/Ls would be the same.

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I actually didn’t find today’s outcome too surprising (Hines’ returns aside) just like I didn’t find last week’s brutal loss surprising.

Then again I follow the Panthers quite a bit because I have some guys in fantasy. With Grier getting the start and considering how bad their D has been in recent weeks, especially with Rivera’s recent firing, they’re just a really bad football team with a lone bright spot in CMC.

I see how many say JB is a terrible QB. You do not win 38-6 with a terrible QB or even go 8-8. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is his leadership and how the team responds to him. His stats were bad I admit but he made some good throws all game and he doesn't throw silly INT's to lose a game normally. I am on record saying we should draft another QB though but not sure where or who. We can't settle :thmup:

I think his leadership is overstated. I am sure plenty of people had someone that they worked with who they really liked and even rallied "the team" but you knew he wasn't really that great at his actual job. I believe the locker room likes him, but I don't think you would get much push back from the locker room if he was replaced at this point.  IMO the rest the team know he is a weak link even if they won't come out and say it.  This is one of the only positives I see in the FO/Reich continuing to play him.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see how many say JB is a terrible QB. You do not win 38-6 with a terrible QB or even go 8-8. 

Just like today, those wins had very little to do with the QB. The colts seemed to win most of those in spite of JB, not because of him

38 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, plenty of people were saying it during our hot start, that our point differential was closer to a .500 team. And sure, we had injuries, but we also benefitted from some opposing teams injuries.

Yup, it's just not sustainable. Maybe if we had a lights out D, but we don't.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is ashame JB got injured at Pitt, that would've gave me in my mind how good he may have been this year had he played and we won. I need closure. I don't have it yet, some do. I seen our team win 38-6 today with ease, it looked like we beat a highschool team. I am just done trying to figure this out lmao 

Basically watching a preseason game, with a team starting a new quarterback! 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly don't think the Texans and Titans are weak.

The div is very mediocre, or perhaps "average" is the better word. Capable of beating some decent teams, but also capable of losing to bad teams. All 4 teams range from slightly below average to slightly above average. None very high, none very low. I'd take our bottom half vs any other AFC bottom half though.

13 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Tom Brady has won a couple.

Also Peyton Manning won one as a barely serviceable game manager

Brady is not a game manager. One of the highest IQ QBs ever.

PM was the perfect game manager that year. The year before, didn't he break all kinds of records. And that D... 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Brady is not a game manager. One of the highest IQ QBs ever.

PM was the perfect game manager that year. The year before, didn't he break all kinds of records. And that D... 

Brady was being facetious. 

Manning was a shell of himself, and watching him throw a football was painful to watch. The D won that super bowl...so yeah, game manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

Brady was being facetious. 

Manning was a shell of himself, and watching him throw a football was painful to watch. The D won that super bowl...so yeah, game manager.

Very very painful. I was so sad for him. Only started 9 games that year, but still had 225 ypg. 20 more than... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don’t see many people say he’s terrible. There’s a few, sure, there’s always gonna extremists, but mostly I see people say they don’t think he’s good or is below average. Or average, even.

I could be totally off base here, but it seems like today some people have gotten very defensive over critiques of JB’s performance against the Panthers. And I do mean critiques, because 90% of negative comments have mostly just been pointing out that he didn’t really have a good game. 

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I really don’t see many people say he’s terrible. There’s a few, sure, but mostly I see people saying they don’t think he’s good or is below average.

I could be totally off base here, but it seems like some have gotten very defensive over critiques of JB today. And I do mean critiques, because 90% of “negative” comments about JB today have been that he just didn’t really have a good game.

The critiques are fine with me but there are many that have posted JB stinks. I am ok with it but I find it funny. He is average at worse and I think he is above average but has not yet proven to be good - great. I think ESPN and the NFL Network and Frank Reich agree with me so I will roll that.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The critiques are fine with me but there are many that have posted JB stinks. I am ok with it but I find it funny. He is average at worse and I think he is above average but has not yet proven to be good - great. I think ESPN and the NFL Network and Frank Reich agree with me so I will roll that.

Both ESPN and NFL.com had articles this last week questioning JB, and suggest a change may be coming.

So you're rolling with FR right now, which isn't bad, as long as it's not coach speak... 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

No one will convince me that if Adam had not kicked poorly and Jacoby did not get injured we would not be 11-5 to end the season. Even if Jacoby is the starter next year with WR staying healthy and a couple upgrades we will be a good team next year.

8724107040_81d87dda44_z-640x409.jpg

43 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I am all for giving him one more year.  More draft picks and be more active in free agency.

I'm not opposed to drafting or finding his replacement this offseason.  But I for one do not think that we are a QB away from being a legitimate steady contender.  And, if two of our premier positions need replacing soon, LT and #1 WR, we will be getting farther away. 

We were a contender because we had the next John Elway #1 pick QB carrying our team, not the 4th best QB in a draft. 

If the QB is there with one of our picks, then take him. But be prepared for it to not be an elixir, IMO.  Manning or Luck isn't coming soon, and we need more than them anyway.

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's like saying a team can't have a losing record with a great qb.....not true at all it happens plus brissett was ok today he did nothing special

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe I just trust Frank a lot.

See, I actually believe Frank believes that. I think back to what he’s said about conversations with Ballard in regards to upgrading the roster, stuff like “I tell Chris, I can win with these guys. Just let me coach these guys.”

Then again, it’s not solely up to him. I really, really wish I could hear a convo between Reich and Ballard about the QB situation this offseason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

And don’t mistake me when I say this I am saying we don’t need a upgrade at QB. All I am saying is even if he starts next year I think we will be find. I refuse to be negative.

I mean, I’ve seen ya be negative. Just sayin (and I have been too, I think most people have at some point this season).

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

And don’t mistake me when I say this I am saying we don’t need a upgrade at QB. All I am saying is even if he starts next year I think we will be find. I refuse to be negative.

If we start JB next year, you do know nothing less than 10-6 and a division Title will just be an implosion in here haha . If Ballard sticks with JB he better draft Ceelamb and go all defense after that with Tackles and CB's. In FA Agency get another WR and a pass rusher, JMO

7 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

It’s great that you refuse to be negative. So do ostriches when they stick their heads in the sand.

Not being negative has nothing to do with being naive. It has everything to do with choosing to be positive, and reaping the benefits as a fan, from making that choice. I am positive all the freaking time......and am not surprised in the least when things don't go right. 

In some ways, it is the opposite of being "real" and miserable/dissapointed/depressed/etc.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I would guess one more than if we relied on game managers.

I don't know. Many would call Jim Harbaugh a game manager, and he was only play away from the SB. Closer than Mr. Luck got, and according to the board now, his leaving is the reason we're not elite. 

• Like 1

Just now, Four2itus said:

I don't know. Many would call Jim Harbaugh a game manager, and he was only play away from the SB. Closer than Mr. Luck got, and according to the board now, him leaving is the reason we're not elite. 

I loved Jim, got his autograph at the SD game back in 1996. My mom loves him. My mom has the pic and autograph at her house lmao , no kidding. That 1995 season we had was so priceless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Honestly, how many game manager QBs besides Flacco have won SBs in the last 10-20 years?

I would put Joe at a higher level than a game manager. Trent Dilfer was more of  a game manager than Joe. 
Joe earned that Super Bowl beating Luck, Manning , Brady, and Kaep in his prime in 2012. In 2011, he had Brady beat , putting a ball right into Lee Evans hands, who dropped it.  The 2011 Ravens team was better than the 2012 version that won it all. They matched up better against the Giants than the Patriots did. 
Also remember Joe was 10-5 post season, and has the record with seven road playoff wins. 
He wasn’t elite, but he was a bit more than a game manager. He had some good wins.